Asylum Based i-485

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sabinan View Post
    Wait kDon are your green card petition is asylum based ? I think I got confused ��*♀️. If you don?t want to answer it?s ok . Sorry I could be perky sometimes.
    Yes I am asylum bases green card applicant. And this thread is only for asylum based.

Comment

• Originally posted by kDon View Post
      Yes I am asylum bases green card applicant. And this thread is only for asylum based.
      Right!! Cuz you wrote ? if I were I would......? that?s why I?m asking . Regarding this thread I saw some ppl who is not asylum based but still find this thread helpful and asking for advice which we all happy to give .

Comment

• Originally posted by Sabinan View Post
        Right!! Cuz you wrote ? if I were I would......? that?s why I?m asking . Regarding this thread I saw some ppl who is not asylum based but still find this thread helpful and asking for advice which we all happy to give .
        I am sorry I missed "you" in my message. (If I were you, I would)

Comment

• From my experience: we removed all restrictions from SSN and DL next week after Asylum was Granted, I'm not sure why your layers told you not to do this, if even Asylum Approval letter telling you to do this. You don't need EAD anymore, your i-94 form (white card) + SSN with no restrictions is the only documents that your employer needs. I didn't renew my EAD because I'm working in the huge company and our HR department is aware about all different types of Work Authorization. But I know that some times small employers still asking to show them an EAD, so just to avoid any difficulties you can apply for EAD and attach your I-485 receipt to the application to get new EAD for free.

Comment

• Originally posted by Katiusha View Post
            From my experience: we removed all restrictions from SSN and DL next week after Asylum was Granted, I'm not sure why your layers told you not to do this, if even Asylum Approval letter telling you to do this. You don't need EAD anymore, your i-94 form (white card) + SSN with no restrictions is the only documents that your employer needs. I didn't renew my EAD because I'm working in the huge company and our HR department is aware about all different types of Work Authorization. But I know that some times small employers still asking to show them an EAD, so just to avoid any difficulties you can apply for EAD and attach your I-485 receipt to the application to get new EAD for free.

I could sign after each word . I looked up and my letter of ASYLUM approval says the same as you said above . No need EAD anD take off restriction from SSC.

Comment

• Read instructions i-765 !!!

Originally posted by Sabinan View Post
              I could sign after each word . I looked up and my letter of ASYLUM approval says the same as you said above . No need EAD anD take off restriction from SSC.

Just to be clear, if you are granted asylum in united states then you are eligible to work and live in the united states for indefinite time with no restrictions. If you are asylum granted, it is very important to take restrictions off your social security. There is bunch of benefits you can get with unrestricted social security. People who apply for EAD after they granted asylum is to just have an extra proof that you are authorized to work but it is not required for work.

And if you are asylum granted and you decided to apply for EAD to have extra proof that you are eligible for work, you will have to pay fees to get the EAD, you can't file EAD based on pending i-485 to take it for free if you are asylee

USCIS i-765 Instructions:

Asylee (Granted Asylum)--(a)(5). File Form I-765 with a copy of one of the following: your stamped Form I-94
              indicating asylee status; a USCIS Asylum approval letter; an order granting asylum signed by an Executive Office for
              Immigration Review (EOIR) immigration judge (IJ); or a Form I-797 Notice approving your derivative asylee status
              based on a Form I-730 (if approved while in the United States).

(Read the following carefully you will see what I am talking about)

NOTE: If you are an asylee and have applied under INA section 209 to adjust to lawful permanent resident status
              using Form I-485, file Form I-765 under category (a)(5) as an asylee. Do not file Form I-765 under eligibility category
              (c)(9) as an INA section 245 adjustment applicant.

Don't let anyone confuse you, go read and follow the instructions !!!
              Last edited by 4yr_experience_not_lawyer; 02-16-2019, 02:26 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by 4yr_experience_not_lawyer View Post
                Just to be clear, if you are granted asylum in united states then you are eligible to work and live in the united states for indefinite time with no restrictions. If you are asylum granted, it is very important to take restrictions off your social security. There is bunch of benefits you can get with unrestricted social security. People who apply for EAD after they granted asylum is to just have an extra proof that you are authorized to work but it is not required for work.

And if you are asylum granted and you decided to apply for EAD to have extra proof that you are eligible for work, you will have to pay fees to get the EAD, you can't file EAD based on pending i-485 to take it for free if you are asylee

Asylee (Granted Asylum)--(a)(5). File Form I-765 with a copy of one of the following: your stamped Form I-94
                indicating asylee status; a USCIS Asylum approval letter; an order granting asylum signed by an Executive Office for
                Immigration Review (EOIR) immigration judge (IJ); or a Form I-797 Notice approving your derivative asylee status

NOTE: If you are an asylee and have applied under INA section 209 to adjust to lawful permanent resident status
                using Form I-485, file Form I-765 under category (a)(5) as an asylee. Do not file Form I-765 under eligibility category

Thank you so much for takjng time out to help us here. I read that instruction for I-765 and I appreciate for suggesting. I will keep you guess posted about the EAD. Hope everyone gets their application approved soon.

- - - Updated - - -

I do agree but I am not sure we can work without the EAD as my asylum approval letter says to apply for EAD from now on different category. Still I will give it a try to just keep it safe. Thank you so much guys!

Comment

• Ead

You can go to the SSA and apply for SSC without restrictions. Once you receive it, when applying for job, you only need SSC and an ID. No EAD required. Here is a link for reference https://secure.ssa.gov/poms.nsf/lnx/0110211205

Comment

• Asylee EAD

Originally posted by 4yr_experience_not_lawyer View Post

Normally, after one's asylum is approved, they would get the EAD card automatically in the mail 2 or 3 weeks after. No need to apply for it separately. The asylum office puts in an application for that (i765) for all approved asylum cases. If the new asylee does not receive an EAD in the mail a few weeks after picking up their letter, they need to contact their asylum office to process it.

For those approved by an immigration judge, I am not too sure about and I think they might have to apply for an EAD separately.

Comment

• Originally posted by mekus21 View Post
                      Normally, after one's asylum is approved, they would get the EAD card automatically in the mail 2 or 3 weeks after. No need to apply for it separately. The asylum office puts in an application for that (i765) for all approved asylum cases. If the new asylee does not receive an EAD in the mail a few weeks after picking up their letter, they need to contact their asylum office to process it.

For those approved by an immigration judge, I am not too sure about and I think they might have to apply for an EAD separately.
                      I actually got one right after my asylum was granted back in 2017 but that EAD will be expiring this march.

Comment

• Re-entry permit

Hey guys, I have just received an letter saying that my re-entry permit has been approved. But the confusing part is that I have only applied for RTD not re-entry permit because my I-485 is pending. How come they gave me re-entry permit when I filled for RTD and even gave all the evidence for RTD application. Anyone had the same experience?

Comment

• 😁

Update says New card being Produced today.
                          Thanks everyone

Comment

• Originally posted by IamSam123 View Post
                            Thanks everyone
                            Congrats.. wow approval within less than 5 months right? As of right now NSC is processing applications on March 2017. Which state and local office are you from?

Comment

• Originally posted by IamSam123 View Post
                              Thanks everyone
                              Congratulations 🎉🎈

Comment

• Originally posted by kDon View Post
                                Congrats.. wow approval within less than 5 months right? As of right now NSC is processing applications on March 2017. Which state and local office are you from?
                                Thanks, Yes just under 5 months from Los Angeles

- - - Updated - - -

Congratulations 🎉🎈
                                Thank you😁

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X