Asylum Based i-485

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USCIS Temporarily Closing Offices to the Public March 18 - April 01, 2020
    Effective March 18, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services is suspending in-person services at its field offices, asylum offices and Application Support Centers (ASCs) to help slow the spread of Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19). This suspension of services will be effective until at least April 1. In the meantime, USCIS will provide limited emergency services. Please call the Contact Center for assistance with emergency services.

USCIS field offices will send notices to applicants and petitioners with scheduled appointments and naturalization ceremonies impacted by this closure. USCIS asylum offices will send interview cancellation notices and automatically reschedule asylum interviews. When the interview is rescheduled, asylum applicants will receive a new interview notice with the new time, date and location of the interview. When USCIS again resumes normal operations, USCIS will automatically reschedule ASC appointments due to the office closure. You will receive a new appointment letter in the mail. Individuals who had InfoPass or other appointments must reschedule through the USCIS Contact Center once field offices are open to the public again. Please check to see if your field office has been reopened before reaching out to the USCIS Contact Center.

Education and precautions are the strongest tools against infection. Get the latest facts by visiting the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s COVID-19 website. Continue to practice good health habits, refrain from handshakes or hugs as greetings, and wash hands and clean surfaces appropriately.

USCIS will provide further updates as the situation develops and will continue to follow CDC guidance. Please also visit uscis.gov/coronavirus for updates.
    Last edited by ceci1073; 03-18-2020, 09:07 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Asylee Expert View Post
      USCIS Temporarily Closing Offices to the Public March 18 - April 01, 2020
      Effective March 18, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services is suspending in-person services at its field offices, asylum offices and Application Support Centers (ASCs) to help slow the spread of Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19). This suspension of services will be effective until at least April 1. In the meantime, USCIS will provide limited emergency services. Please call the Contact Center for assistance with emergency services.

USCIS field offices will send notices to applicants and petitioners with scheduled appointments and naturalization ceremonies impacted by this closure. USCIS asylum offices will send interview cancellation notices and automatically reschedule asylum interviews. When the interview is rescheduled, asylum applicants will receive a new interview notice with the new time, date and location of the interview. When USCIS again resumes normal operations, USCIS will automatically reschedule ASC appointments due to the office closure. You will receive a new appointment letter in the mail. Individuals who had InfoPass or other appointments must reschedule through the USCIS Contact Center once field offices are open to the public again. Please check to see if your field office has been reopened before reaching out to the USCIS Contact Center.

Education and precautions are the strongest tools against infection. Get the latest facts by visiting the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s COVID-19 website. Continue to practice good health habits, refrain from handshakes or hugs as greetings, and wash hands and clean surfaces appropriately.

USCIS will provide further updates as the situation develops and will continue to follow CDC guidance. Please also visit uscis.gov/coronavirus for updates.
      USCIS Response to the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)

ALERT: As of March 18, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services has suspended routine in-person services until at least April 1 to help slow the spread of Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19). USCIS staff will continue to perform duties that do not involve contact with the public. However, USCIS will provide emergency services for limited situations. To schedule an emergency appointment contact the USCIS Contact Center.

Visit CoronaVirus.gov for a complete list of CDC travel health notices.

Learn about the Department of Homeland Security's response.

I think they will continue processing our applications as the closure is to promote social distancing.
      Last edited by ceci1073; 03-18-2020, 09:09 AM.

Comment

• At last now, we can see the officers are really working or not.

Earlier they had a reason why there was a delay but now they don't.

For next 13 days, we will see.

I hope they do their job and get our the application results ASAP.
        Last edited by luckycharm4111; 03-19-2020, 11:47 AM.

Comment

• Hey Guys!

Not sure If anybody has noticed, but it looks like they rolled the receipt inquiry date back to November 2017. It was December 22, 2017, this morning.

They have also increased the waiting periods up to 31 months instead of the 27 months indicated before.

I'm not sure what to think..

Comment

• Originally posted by Jasmine22 View Post
            Hey Guys!

Not sure If anybody has noticed, but it looks like they rolled the receipt inquiry date back to November 2017. It was December 22, 2017, this morning.

They have also increased the waiting periods up to 31 months instead of the 27 months indicated before.

I'm not sure what to think..
            Yes, you’re right! They rolled back again!!!!!! WTF! When I talked to 2 tier officer she clearly said that the backlog of my case and others is UP TO the officer who is processing ( actually doing nothing) the case. I am so very mad you can’t imagine.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fru-Fru View Post
              Hi! Yes I applied on 30 of November 2018 , and I agree with you, we are finally moving!
              We know of 1 processed case filed in December 2018. You should be getting yours soon!

Comment

• Honestly guys I don’t want to be pessimistic but I think we are f**d. They were working super slow before Corona virus and now...here we are. Virus spreads super quick. And Nobody knows when we will get over it. Everybody required to work from home and keep the distance and so on. And if they will decide to cut the number of officers that work at the office then of course it increases the processing time. Officers not going to take a pile of cases from work to their home. I’m trying not to be mad and be thankful with what I have because some of my friends are still waiting on the interview after 5 yers after they filed the application( Like really?) but I am mad and disappointed. Waiting is sucks. Want it to be over.☹️

Comment

• Originally posted by Jasmine22 View Post
                  We know of 1 processed case filed in December 2018. You should be getting yours soon!
                  Thank you for your support and I wish same for all of us . Now it’s my turn to say “ If I get my GC soon I will name my daughter after you “))))

Comment

• Originally posted by Trinity01 View Post
                    Honestly guys I don’t want to be pessimistic but I think we are f**d. They were working super slow before Corona virus and now...here we are. Virus spreads super quick. And Nobody knows when we will get over it. Everybody required to work from home and keep the distance and so on. And if they will decide to cut the number of officers that work at the office then of course it increases the processing time. Officers not going to take a pile of cases from work to their home. I’m trying not to be mad and be thankful with what I have because some of my friends are still waiting on the interview after 5 yers after they filed the application( Like really?) but I am mad and disappointed. Waiting is sucks. Want it to be over.☹️
                    It's true. This could potentially happen, but I honestly have not heard of many GCs being processed with a waiting time for over 2 years. Processing times with over 2 years are rare cases.

Time does not stay. Most of us have already waited for over a year. Another year should be the worst-case scenario to be waiting for. It's probably time to focus on something else. I know it's so much easier said than done, but we truly have limited options..

Comment

• Everybody here has a legal status, why perplex yourself about Permanent Residency now, majority of things are suspended across the United States at this time. All of this is as a result of the Trump Administration policies and the late response to the Coronavirus, however, when things get back to normal, they will resume their service. If you are off from your job, take the opportunity to be with your family, if you have to work like myself, take the necessary precautions. I wish everyone well!

Comment

• I have been waiting for my green card since almost two years filed i485 in may 2018 and the processing case date keep falling back as soon as it gets closer to 2018 , everytime it comes close to jan 2018 it falls back to November 2017 or so. How is it possible if they are already processing cases from December 2017 how can they jump back to 2017. Do they miss some files and then again they remember to process those which they skipped. Its fun for them maybe but not for us.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sahiaman View Post
                          I have been waiting for my green card since almost two years filed i485 in may 2018 and the processing case date keep falling back as soon as it gets closer to 2018 , everytime it comes close to jan 2018 it falls back to November 2017 or so. How is it possible if they are already processing cases from December 2017 how can they jump back to 2017. Do they miss some files and then again they remember to process those which they skipped. Its fun for them maybe but not for us.
                          It doesn't make sense at all. There are some EB categories that present the same behavior. I have seen cases from 2016 that were always C (current) and when they decided to put a limit they select 2010 (I don't think there could be any cases pending for more than 6 years if the dates were always C).

If they know the number of visas (GC) available for the fiscal year, the number of cases pending, the dates for each case pending, the number of new cases and their dates, it makes sense that could be easy to set a date for that category that makes sense and not advance the date if cases would be more than visas available. With this information, there would never be a retrogression the dates should only advance a little bit each month or stop.

It is not fun seeing the dates way back from your PD when your date was already current last year (going 1, 2 or more years back).

I hope you get your PD current soon. Good luck.
                          Nov 2018 - Package sent - EB - Texas Service Center
                          Day 1 - Package received at the lockbox
                          Day 999 - Card delivered to me - Aug 2021
                          ---
                          All my posts are based on my experience or information I read on the forums or the USCIS website. I may be wrong. Please consult a professional.

Comment

• No movement at all looks like tsc center is closed tooo

Comment

• Hey guys,

I received an RFE notification, I believe it’s for medical exam because I didn’t submit one when I was applying.

here is my timeline
                              15 Oct, 2019, Application package sent.
                              02, Dec, 2019, fingerprint done and applied.
                              Today, RFE.

Nebraska service center handles my application.

My question is what happens after I submit medical exam? Would they take the decision soon after they receive medical exam?
                              Last edited by Easy; 03-23-2020, 09:58 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Easy View Post
                                Hey guys,

I received an RFE notification, I believe it’s for medical exam because I didn’t submit one when I was applying.

here is my timeline
                                15 Oct, 2019, Application package sent.
                                02, Dec, 2019, fingerprint done and applied.
                                Today, RFE.

My question is what happens after I submit medical exam? Would they take the decision soon after they receive medical exam?
                                Are you with Nebraska or Texas?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X