Asylum Based i-485

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by garbage View Post
    Hi fellows, I'm panicking, It says my card has been returned? it says: Your item was returned to the sender on March 7, 2020 at 2:41 pm because of an incomplete address.
    obviously I have not changed anything. What can I do?
    There is nothing to panic about at this time! It is simple contact the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services, USCIS at 1-800-375-5283 immediatley and update your address. Never panic, simply take decisive action.

PLEASE NOTE: Undeliverable Permanent Resident and Employment Authorization Cards and Travel Documents to be Destroyed After 60 Days. Starting April 2, USCIS will destroy Permanent Resident Cards, Employment Authorization Cards and Travel Documents returned as undeliverable by the U.S. Postal Service after 60 business days if USCIS is not contacted by the document’s intended recipient to provide the correct address. USCIS encourages applicants to report a change of address within 10 days of relocation using the procedures outlined at uscis.gov/addresschange.

Starting April 2, USCIS will destroy Permanent Resident Cards, Employment Authorization Cards and Travel Documents returned as undeliverable by the U.S. Postal Service after 60 business days if USCIS is not contacted by the document’s intended recipient to provide the correct address.

Comment

• Hello!

I just want to share the experience I've been going through (still):
      • 2016 December: Asylum Approval (My parents)
      • 2017 January: I-730 Petition (My parents requested me. I was in my country of origin)
      • 2017 May: I-730 Approved
      • 2017 July: Interview at USA Embassy (In my country of origin)
      • 2017 August: Came to US as Derivative of an Asylee (I was given a parole at the airport of entry. I did not have any other proof of asylum)
      At this point, I was expenting my SSN card and EAD, which I did not receive and it had been several months. I went to the Asylum Office and I was told I had to file I-585 (Application for Asylum) by my own, because I was over 21 years old. However, I should file as 'Nunc Pro Tunc'. I saw a Lawyer by that time, and she told me I was ready to file the I-485. So I decided to wait to have 1 year in the States to file it, and I filed I-585 because that was what they told me, and it was supposed to be done quickly.
      • 2018 February: Filed I-585 (as Nunc Pro Tunc)
      • 2018 April: Filed I-785 (as an Asylee)
      • 2018 May: EAD (Received under A-05 Category, Asylee)
      Since I received EAD as Asylee, and SSN too, I decided to go straight for the GC, after 1 year in the States. I saw another Lawyer, and he told me that was absolutely right. That I shouldn't file the I-585, but that wasn't a big deal. I most likely going to have an interview fot the GC, despite other asylum based AOS cases.
      • 2018 September: I-485 Filed
      • 2018 October: Biomnetrics
      The status hasn't changed and it still appears 'Fingerprints fee was received". I've moved, and when I changed the address, the petition was sent to the Asylum Offices, instead TSC. Even though the case hasn't been denied, I'm afraid that I have two cases running in two different offices and my AOS may be denied.

In addition, in all Governent offices I've threaten as an Asylee. My Driver's License is for 8 years, my SSN is without restriction, and I received Foodstamps a couple of months when I just came in the US.

If you have any comment, or similar experience, PLEASE, do not hesitate to reply.

Thanks!

Comment

• Originally posted by Asylee Expert View Post

There is nothing to panic about at this time! It is simple contact the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services, USCIS at 1-800-375-5283 immediatley and update your address. Never panic, simply take decisive action.

PLEASE NOTE: Undeliverable Permanent Resident and Employment Authorization Cards and Travel Documents to be Destroyed After 60 Days. Starting April 2, USCIS will destroy Permanent Resident Cards, Employment Authorization Cards and Travel Documents returned as undeliverable by the U.S. Postal Service after 60 business days if USCIS is not contacted by the document’s intended recipient to provide the correct address. USCIS encourages applicants to report a change of address within 10 days of relocation using the procedures outlined at uscis.gov/addresschange.

https://www.uscis.gov/news/alerts/un...-after-60-days
        I got my green card!
        Again I was wrong. It was not uscis fault. It was the USPS fault. Address in the mail is right there with big letter and yet mailman updated as incomplete was about the send it back. Today I called uscis, they could not give me definite answer.
        Then I went to local USPS they said it was incomplete address it returning to the sender back. I talked to the manager very firm but nicely. They said since it's monday morning It could be still in office. they tracked where it is. I went there, again it was moved to different usps office, I said alright I am gonna try all in. I run to that address. What do you know they are about ship it. I explained the situation they digged up and pull the mail. Thats how avoided the head ache. Now card is in hand. What a rollercoaster.
        thanks everybody.
        below my timeline:

12.3.2018 - Application sent
        2.27.2020 - Biometrics
        3.2.2020 - new card being produced
        3.5.2020 - new card sent to mailing address
        3.7.2020 - mail returning to sender due incomplete address
        3.9.2020 - literally tracked down the mail and card in hand

card dated back 3.2.2019.

Stay tight everybody. Everything has its own time.
        Last edited by garbage; 03-09-2020, 02:09 PM. Reason: fixed the typos

Comment

• Originally posted by asylee expert View Post

you don't need a visa or an eta. However, to get to canada by car, train, bus or boat, you must bring valid proof of your u.s. Lawful permanent resident status (such as a green card.* i wrote about this in my blog on february 10, 2020. Your u.s. Refugee travel document, form i-571 should be valid for the length of stay, there is no 3 or 6 month minimum requirement for canada.
          thankxs

Comment

I got my green card!
            Again I was wrong. It was not uscis fault. It was the USPS fault. Address in the mail is right there with big letter and yet mailman updated as incomplete was about the send it back. Today I called uscis, they could not give me definite answer.
            Then I went to local USPS they said it was incomplete address it returning to the sender back. I talked to the manager very firm but nicely. They said since it's monday morning It could be still in office. they tracked where it is. I went there, again it was moved to different usps office, I said alright I am gonna try all in. I run to that address. What do you know they are about ship it. I explained the situation they digged up and pull the mail. Thats how avoided the head ache. Now card is in hand. What a rollercoaster.
            thanks everybody.
            below my timeline:

2.27.2020 - Biometrics

Congrats!!!

Comment

I got my green card!
              thanks everybody.
              below my timeline:

2.27.2020 - Biometrics

Congrats Brother.Really happy for u.
              How does it feel after having it in hand now?
              I wonder how would my reaction will be when i get it in hand

Comment

I got my green card!
                thanks everybody.
                below my timeline:

2.27.2020 - Biometrics

“Fight for your dreams and your dreams will fight for you” Paulo Coelho. And you literally did that!

Comment

• Originally posted by Sahil728 View Post

Congrats Brother.Really happy for u.
                  How does it feel after having it in hand now?
                  I wonder how would my reaction will be when i get it in hand
                  little surreal, slight headache. Feels like my eyes can see more clear.

if you heard about flea on jar experiment. Perhaps it takes a minute to fully embrace and make some big decisions(maybe go to school or find a job somewhere I can sit in a cubicle). basically scientist put flea on a jar and close the lid. By nature flea can jump much higher than the jar height. but after a while they open the lid, but flea could not jump higher than the jar's height anymore. So you and me have to recognize that be ready to jump for a full potential.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fru-Fru View Post

“Fight for your dreams and your dreams will fight for you” Paulo Coelho. And you literally did that!
                    amen to that

Comment

little surreal, slight headache. Feels like my eyes can see more clear.

if you heard about flea on jar experiment. Perhaps it takes a minute to fully embrace and make some big decisions(maybe go to school or find a job somewhere I can sit in a cubicle). basically scientist put flea on a jar and close the lid. By nature flea can jump much higher than the jar height. but after a while they open the lid, but flea could not jump higher than the jar's height anymore. So you and me have to recognize that be ready to jump for a full potential.
                      Very true!
                      I got lucky with that. But trust me, my best decision was leaving new york and move to another state. Now i have a 9 to 5 office job behind the desk and i can actually live a real american life.
                      I wish the same for all of my fellow asylees to have the best in their life as it is a lot sacrifice for all of us leaving our home country,friends and family and coming to this country in search of better life opportunities.
                      So God Bless u all

Comment

• Hi Guys !

I’ve been reading the forum every day since I applied for my green card, I never commented but today I feel the need to spread some hope and good News

As of Friday I got my case approved ! I’m so happy.

Timeline

August 13 2018: Asylum approved
                        August 15 2019: Paper work sent to USCIS (Nebraska)
                        September 5 2019: Case Received
                        October 8 2019: Fingerprint Review was completed
                        March 6 2020: New card is being produced !!

It took a little over 6 months

I wish every one else waiting gets some good news soon.

Comment

• Originally posted by caoticania View Post
                          Hi Guys !

I’ve been reading the forum every day since I applied for my green card, I never commented but today I feel the need to spread some hope and good News

As of Friday I got my case approved ! I’m so happy.

Timeline

August 13 2018: Asylum approved
                          August 15 2019: Paper work sent to USCIS (Nebraska)
                          September 5 2019: Case Received
                          October 8 2019: Fingerprint Review was completed
                          March 6 2020: New card is being produced !!

It took a little over 6 months

I wish every one else waiting gets some good news soon.
                          Happy new green life for you! Congratulations!

Comment

• Originally posted by nanana View Post
                            I got notifications to provide new medical evidences for my family, but I just got 3 notification letters for 4 applications while the case status on USCIS website shows that they sent 4 notifications. In this case, do you know how long does it take to request a copy from USCIS website? and is there any problem if I send 3 medical forms first, then send the other form after I receive the copy of the missing notification? Please note that, the missing is one of a derivative application.
                            Please advise. Thank you.
                            Everyone can help me? Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by Sahil728 View Post

Very true!
                              I got lucky with that. But trust me, my best decision was leaving new york and move to another state. Now i have a 9 to 5 office job behind the desk and i can actually live a real american life.
                              I wish the same for all of my fellow asylees to have the best in their life as it is a lot sacrifice for all of us leaving our home country,friends and family and coming to this country in search of better life opportunities.
                              So God Bless u all
                              Very interesting and congratulations! To which state did you move? I prefer New York City although expensive, lgbtq rights are full established in the state. I welcome further feedback on the state you are presently living in.

Comment

• I moved to Maryland an trust me life so much better here than NY .I thought it would be hard for me to adjust anywhere else than NY but man i was wrong.I love this place .if i would have lived in NY buying a house would always be like a dream and even you can afford the taxes will kill you.Here atleast i can step up and buy a house

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X