Asylum Based i-485

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Katiusha View Post
    Wow guys, I'm shocked and happy, our I-485 got Approved, here is our time line:

June 16, 2017 - Asylum Granted
    June 22, 2018 - I-485 sent to USCIS
    June 26, 2018 - Case status: "We received your fingerprint fee"
    July 20,2018 - We received biometric invitation letters for all 3 applicants
    August 3, 2018 - Biometric done
    August 6, 2018 - Case status: "You fingerprint was reviewed, and our Nebraska SC continue working on you application"
    October 10, 2018 - Case status: "New card is being produced"!!!! for all 3 applicants

Overall 3.5 months in Nebraska SC and the best present for my Birthday!!!
    Congrats!! You're one lucky person to get approval within short period of time. I had my application at NSC for 8 months and then it was transferred to local field office. It has been about a year since PD and I haven't received anything yet.

Happy birthday to you.. enjoy the gift.

Comment

• Need suggestion to file I485

Hi Guys, I am about to file I-485 based on asylum approval last year but looking at the timeline posted by you guys I am really concerned.. My current jurisdiction is Texas Service Center but it looks worse in terms of processing timeframe so I am thinking to change my address to Missouri.
      I used to live in St louis which falls under Nebraska Serve Center and processing timeframe is about 4.5 to 8 month.. Do you guys think it's good idea to apply from St louis even though I am living in Atlanta?

Thanks in Advance.

Comment

• i485 Approval

Originally posted by Nick213 View Post
        Hi Guys, I am about to file I-485 based on asylum approval last year but looking at the timeline posted by you guys I am really concerned.. My current jurisdiction is Texas Service Center but it looks worse in terms of processing timeframe so I am thinking to change my address to Missouri.
        I used to live in St louis which falls under Nebraska Serve Center and processing timeframe is about 4.5 to 8 month.. Do you guys think it's good idea to apply from St louis even though I am living in Atlanta?

Thanks in Advance.
        You might want to first update your address on file with USCIS online and wait for a week or two after before filing. https://egov.uscis.gov/coa/displayCOAForm.do.

Comment

• Request for Additional Evidence Was Mailed

Guys,

My online status changed to "my Request for Additional Evidence Was Mailed" today. Below is my timeline:

Asylum approved by AO in September 2016
          Filed I-485 in February 2018

I am waiting to receive the letter in mail, and hopefully all will be fine! Will let you know.

Comment

• Congratulation

Originally posted by Dirzi View Post
            Guys,

My online status changed to "my Request for Additional Evidence Was Mailed" today. Below is my timeline:

Asylum approved by AO in September 2016
            Filed I-485 in February 2018

I am waiting to receive the letter in mail, and hopefully all will be fine! Will let you know.
            Congratulation, Was it TSC or NSC ? Did you submit any inquires with USCIS or your congressman?
            hope you will get your approval soon.

Comment

• Originally posted by STEVE.SY View Post
              Congratulation, Was it TSC or NSC ? Did you submit any inquires with USCIS or your congressman?
              hope you will get your approval soon.

THANKS. I filed at TSC. My congressman submitted two inquiries on my behalf long time ago when I had just filed my application, but we got an automatic response. I took no action since then. I will let you guys know what evidence they asked me to send them. It took almost 8 months I believe.

Comment

• Originally posted by Katiusha View Post
                Wow guys, I'm shocked and happy, our I-485 got Approved, here is our time line:

June 16, 2017 - Asylum Granted
                June 22, 2018 - I-485 sent to USCIS
                June 26, 2018 - Case status: "We received your fingerprint fee"
                July 20,2018 - We received biometric invitation letters for all 3 applicants
                August 3, 2018 - Biometric done
                August 6, 2018 - Case status: "You fingerprint was reviewed, and our Nebraska SC continue working on you application"
                October 10, 2018 - Case status: "New card is being produced"!!!! for all 3 applicants

Overall 3.5 months in Nebraska SC and the best present for my Birthday!!!

October 12, 2018 - We received approval letters
                October 17, 2018 - And finally we received Green Cards for whole family

Comment

• My Timeline

My case is being processed by the TSC

February 2017 - Asylum Granted
                  February 2018 - Submitted I-485
                  February 22, 2018 - Application received
                  *USCIS mailed a notice stating that they will use my existing biometrics but won't refund the biometric fee.
                  August 16, 2018 - Change of address acknowledged (different city, same state)
                  October 12, 2018 - RFE received in the mail
                  October 12, 2018 - RFE (Medical) sent
                  October 17, 2018 - RFE received by TSC
                  **Waiting for decision (the RFE letter said I should get a decision in 60 days, so I'm waiting)...
                  Last edited by kutekrisjm; 10-18-2018, 08:11 PM.

Comment

• Asylum based from NY

Hi guys! So, I read all the threads from the beginning and found that most of the cases are different somewhat. So this is my timeline.

March 15 2017: Asylum Approved

May 20 2018: Form I-485 sent.

June 19 2018: Biometrics taken.

July 27 2018: Case Was Transferred And A New Office Has Jurisdiction ( From NSC to TSC) Also said that they did a preliminary review of the form but the current jurisdiction which is TSC will give decision.

I am bit worried as I saw TSC processing time is way longer than NSC as they are now reviewing Dec 28 2016 applications.

Comment

• i485 Delay at TSC

Originally posted by ray11 View Post
                      Hi guys! So, I read all the threads from the beginning and found that most of the cases are different somewhat. So this is my timeline.

March 15 2017: Asylum Approved

May 20 2018: Form I-485 sent.

June 19 2018: Biometrics taken.

July 27 2018: Case Was Transferred And A New Office Has Jurisdiction ( From NSC to TSC) Also said that they did a preliminary review of the form but the current jurisdiction which is TSC will give decision.

I am bit worried as I saw TSC processing time is way longer than NSC as they are now reviewing Dec 28 2016 applications.
                      Yea, TSC has jurisdiction over applicants living in NY. Did you send your original application directly to NSC?

Comment

• Originally posted by mekus21 View Post
                        Yea, TSC has jurisdiction over applicants living in NY. Did you send your original application directly to NSC?
                        Yes, my lawyer sent it to that address. I don?t why but he said its fine. Maybe thats why they transferred it. But the TSC processing time is very weird.

Comment

• Inquiry Submitted.

Originally posted by kutekrisjm View Post
                          My case is being processed by the TSC

February 2017 - Asylum Granted
                          February 2018 - Submitted I-485
                          February 22, 2018 - Application received
                          *USCIS mailed a notice stating that they will use my existing biometrics but won't refund the biometric fee.
                          August 16, 2018 - Change of address acknowledged (different city, same state)
                          October 12, 2018 - RFE received in the mail
                          October 12, 2018 - RFE (Medical) sent
                          October 17, 2018 - RFE received by TSC
                          **Waiting for decision (the RFE letter said I should get a decision in 60 days, so I'm waiting)...
                          Can you please let us know if you have submitted any kind of inquiries to USCIS or to your Congressman representative?
                          hope you get approved soon.

Comment

• Originally posted by STEVE.SY View Post
                            Can you please let us know if you have submitted any kind of inquiries to USCIS or to your Congressman representative?
                            hope you get approved soon.
                            Thank you, I hope so too! I didn't submit any inquiries because the TSC processing timeline for asylee is several months so I just decided to wait. I will submit an inquiry though if I dont hear anything in 60 days.

Comment

• My RFE response has been received by USCIS

Hey guys, I just want you guys to be updated. Yesterday (10/19/20) around 9:00 pm, USCIS Online status has changed for the 2 pending i-485 application from Request for Additional Evidence to:

On October 19, 2018, we received your response to our Request for Evidence for your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, Receipt Number SRC YYYY YYYY XX. Our Texas Service Center office will begin working on your case again. We will mail you a decision or notify you if we need something from you. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

Actually I sent my RFE response in the mail on 10/15/2018 and my online status changed after 4 days from the day that I sent my response on.

By the way guys, I have seen many people who's pd is in February 2018 in TSC, their application is being processed as of now. So that might be that TSC picking up speed for asylum based i-485.

Just a question based on people experience here, how long USCIS take to process the case again after they receive the RFE response ?! (in the consideration: the RFE was only for missing a check mark in the application)

Comment

• Request For Additional Evidence

I - 485 received 4/4/2018 Texas
                                based on granted asylum
                                5/15/2018 Finger Print Reviewed
                                10/11/2018 My attorney request for update
                                10/20/2018 My online status changed to " Addition Evidence Request "
                                Waiting for the letter to Arrive

I am just wondering what kind of evidence they need, I sent my medical April/2018 I didn't sent my birth certificated because I thought they can still use what I gave them during asylum application !

Hope it is all good !
                                Good Luck to everybody !

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X