Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CA i485 - Asylum

Hi everyone,
    i485 from California end up in NBC service center or USCIS just moves them between different service centers?

Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by fra20 View Post
      I - 485 received 4/4/2018 Texas
      based on granted asylum
      5/15/2018 Finger Print Reviewed
      10/11/2018 My attorney request for update
      10/20/2018 My online status changed to " Addition Evidence Request "
      Waiting for the letter to Arrive

I am just wondering what kind of evidence they need, I sent my medical April/2018 I didn't sent my birth certificated because I thought they can still use what I gave them during asylum application !

Hope it is all good !
      Good Luck to everybody !
      "10/11/2018 My attorney request for update"

Can you explain what extractly your attorney did inquired from USCIS?

Comment

• Originally posted by kDon View Post
        "10/11/2018 My attorney request for update"

Can you explain what extractly your attorney did inquired from USCIS?
        I went to his office to apply for a new EAD because mine is expiring January2019 then I gave him an idea to write a letter asking for update because my case was just 6 months ! So I didn't see the letter he sent but it can be just a simple letter requesting for an update ! That make the officer to think about your case !!

Comment

• From Nov 1, 2018 Medical Exam will be valid for 2 years

Hi all, did you hear the news?

From November 1, 2018 the form I-693 would remain valid for a TWO-year period following the date the civil surgeon signed it.

USCIS is revising policy guidance for the validity period of Form I-693, Report of Medical Examination and Vaccination Record.

Comment

• i485 Delay at TSC

Originally posted by ray11 View Post
            Yes, my lawyer sent it to that address. I don?t why but he said its fine. Maybe thats why they transferred it. But the TSC processing time is very weird.
            Yea, explains why it was transferred to TSC. No worries though, TSC seems to have picked up speed and are currently processing applications filed early this year, going by some recent approvals by some of our members on here. I wouldn't worry about the priority date on the USCIS webpage - I strongly believe that it is due to any long-pending case delayed due to circumstances such as a pending background or name check, which will have to be listed as their earliest processing date even though it may just be one case whereas the office may have progressed well beyond that date.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by 4yr_experience_not_lawyer View Post
            Hey guys, I just want you guys to be updated. Yesterday (10/19/20) around 9:00 pm, USCIS Online status has changed for the 2 pending i-485 application from Request for Additional Evidence to:

On October 19, 2018, we received your response to our Request for Evidence for your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, Receipt Number SRC YYYY YYYY XX. Our Texas Service Center office will begin working on your case again. We will mail you a decision or notify you if we need something from you. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

Actually I sent my RFE response in the mail on 10/15/2018 and my online status changed after 4 days from the day that I sent my response on.

By the way guys, I have seen many people who's pd is in February 2018 in TSC, their application is being processed as of now. So that might be that TSC picking up speed for asylum based i-485.

Just a question based on people experience here, how long USCIS take to process the case again after they receive the RFE response ?! (in the consideration: the RFE was only for missing a check mark in the application)
            About a week to three weeks.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Katiusha View Post
            Hi all, did you hear the news?

From November 1, 2018 the form I-693 would remain valid for a TWO-year period following the date the civil surgeon signed it.

https://www.uscis.gov/news/alerts/us...-manual-update
            This is good news. It will reduce the number of RFEs significantly. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

• I-131 and traveling abroad

Hi, guys!
              I applied for a green card and travel document in May 2018.
              I have a question. Did anyone else apply for both documents at the same time? How fast did you receive your travel document? And if anyone traveled with travel passport only, while waiting for a green card, I would love to hear your story,if everything went ok or not..

Thank you!!

Comment

• TSC processing time

Originally posted by mekus21 View Post
                Yea, explains why it was transferred to TSC. No worries though, TSC seems to have picked up speed and are currently processing applications filed early this year, going by some recent approvals by some of our members on here. I wouldn't worry about the priority date on the USCIS webpage - I strongly believe that it is due to any long-pending case delayed due to circumstances such as a pending background or name check, which will have to be listed as their earliest processing date even though it may just be one case whereas the office may have progressed well beyond that date.

- - - Updated - - -

About a week to three weeks.

- - - Updated - - -

This is good news. It will reduce the number of RFEs significantly. Thanks for sharing.
                But recently when I checked the TSC processing time for Asylum based I-485, is currently working on case from January 2017. Even if there is a file thats in the back in TSC, there is big difference as you mentioned that TSC working on case from early 2018. Thank you again!

Comment

• Originally posted by ray11 View Post
                  But recently when I checked the TSC processing time for Asylum based I-485, is currently working on case from January 2017. Even if there is a file thats in the back in TSC, there is big difference as you mentioned that TSC working on case from early 2018. Thank you again!
                  Maybe you misunderstood my post. Here it is again:

No worries though, TSC seems to have picked up speed and are currently processing applications filed early this year, going by some recent approvals by some of our members on here.

Comment

• Originally posted by cheremuha View Post
                    Hi, guys!
                    I applied for a green card and travel document in May 2018.
                    I have a question. Did anyone else apply for both documents at the same time? How fast did you receive your travel document? And if anyone traveled with travel passport only, while waiting for a green card, I would love to hear your story,if everything went ok or not..

Thank you!!
                    I believe if you travel while you are in the process of adjusting status and you do not have the advanced parole approval you will be considered to have abandoned your aos.

Comment

• Thank you

Originally posted by mekus21 View Post
                      Maybe you misunderstood my post. Here it is again:

No worries though, TSC seems to have picked up speed and are currently processing applications filed early this year, going by some recent approvals by some of our members on here.
                      Oh, I just hope everything goes well. Thank you for that info. I hope they speed the I-485 process for everyone.

Comment

• Hi, I am new in this forum. I submitted my I-485 in Sept 24, 2018 along with I-131 for travel document. I received biometrics for I-131 but not for I-485 yet. Hopefully will receive it soon. NSC is the service center.

Comment

• RFE received and answered!!

My timeline:

February 8, 2018; I-485 submitted
                          October 20, 2018; RFE was mailed to me (Birth Certificate)
                          October 24, 2018; RFE was responded (Birth Certificate + Certified English Translation)

Now, I am just waiting...

Comment

• Any update??

Originally posted by treehouse View Post
                            Hey guys I am the original thread starter and wanted to update you guys. The Update is there is no update. I inquired through a lawmaker few months and they did not give me any answer. It has now been 20+ months. Several months after filing my I-485, I went to honeymoon, my wife became pregnant, she went through all her pregnancy and our babygirl was born. She is already 6 months old and her smile carries all the happiness in the world. A lot has changed in my life but when I think about I-485, nothing has changed!
                            Hi, any update on your i-485 application, have you received any decision yet?
                            Thank you and hope to hear a positive reply.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dirzi View Post
                              My timeline:

February 8, 2018; I-485 submitted
                              October 20, 2018; RFE was mailed to me (Birth Certificate)
                              October 24, 2018; RFE was responded (Birth Certificate + Certified English Translation)

Now, I am just waiting...
                              I am still waiting for my Request for Additional Evidence to come in mail !

Which office is your application ( Texas ) ?
                              I thought they could you a birth certificate you sent with Asylum application ?

I am still waiting for the letter to see what kind of evidence they need from me !

Good luck !

- - - Updated - - -

[QUOTE=fra20;585733]I am still waiting for my Request for Additional Evidence to come in mail !

I thought they could use a birth certificate you sent with Asylum application ?

I am still waiting for the letter to see what kind of evidence they need from me !

Good luck !

Comment

• [QUOTE=fra20;585733]I am still waiting for my Request for Additional Evidence to come in mail !

I thought they could you a birth certificate you sent with Asylum application ?

Good luck !

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by fra20 View Post
                                I am still waiting for my Request for Additional Evidence to come in mail !

I thought they could use a birth certificate you sent with Asylum application ?

Good luck !

Yes, my case is pending at TSC. I had sent them a copy of my birth certificate with my Form I-485. Regardless, I got it translated again and sent it back because they asked for it again.

Please note that even though the online system said that the notice was mailed on the 16th, it actually was mailed 5 days after that. I saw that on the envelope. So if you don?t receive you RFE after 15 days from the date on the online system, just give them a call.

They also told me that my medical will expire in February and I have to resubmit it if I take until February to respond. But I sent the response to the RFE after two days. So I didn?t submit a new medical form. They will receive my response on Monday. I?ll update you.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X