X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mekus21 View Post
    Any luck yet?

- - - Updated - - -

That sucks. I guess it depends on the congressman office. Some inquire right away regardless and some go by the book. You may try raising service requests periodically as you wait.

Sigh!! TSC went back 6 month today, processing time March 30, 2016. The wait goes on.

Comment

• i485 Delay

Originally posted by Clancy View Post
      Sigh!! TSC went back 6 month today, processing time March 30, 2016. The wait goes on.

Did you also notice that the processing time frame at TSC increased from 14 to 19 months formerly to 16 months to 26.5 months currently for asylum-based i485s?? But that of NSC still remains at 4.5 months to 8.5 months? This is ridiculous.

Comment

• Originally posted by mekus21 View Post
        Did you also notice that the processing time frame at TSC increased from 14 to 19 months formerly to 16 months to 26.5 months currently for asylum-based i485s?? But that of NSC still remains at 4.5 months to 8.5 months? This is ridiculous.
        Omg!! I just checked on it !! My case was so close to the processing dates! Now they have changed it to March 2016!! I can't believe it!!

Comment

• i485 Delay

Originally posted by Buchavka21
          Hi guys,
          After making an inquiry with the Congrewoman nothing really changed yet with my status. But I did notice that the processing times rolled back again to March 2016 which basically makes it a 2 year backroll now. Has anybody consulted with an immigration attorney to find out if it's legal at all what they do and if there are any ways to influence that? I've e-mailed the Congressmans representative to explain the situation and she said they have no power to influence a federal agency but keep on going making inquiries. I also finally was able to schedule an info pass for June 11th. Has anybody done that before? Is it worth it or they simply will tell me what I already know?
          Guys, I really think that TSC is totally fu**ed up and we must do something to inflinfluence that otherwise they can rollback our cases as they want which is not right.
          If congressman isn't working, another way to get your case processed quicker is by relocating to any of the states below under NSC's jurisdiction, if you can, and updating your address online at https://www.uscis.gov/ar-11.

Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, North Dakota, Ohio, Oregon, South Dakota, Utah, Washington, Wisconsin, Wyoming, Guam or the Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands,

Once you do that, TSC should no longer have jurisdiction over your file and your file should be transferred to NSC. Given that you applied around August last year, NSC is currently processing around that time and they should take action on your case soonest.

Goodluck
          Last edited by mekus21; 06-04-2018, 06:27 PM.

Comment

• Once you do that, TSC should no longer have jurisdiction over your file and your file should be transferred to NSC.

Goodluck[/QUOTE]

I think thats false. Since immigration law are federal law. They have jurisdiction on your case if your service center is TSC or else but you moved and lived in different place. One immigration lawyer told me that. If service center needs additional information or anything, they will send all your document it to local filed office for processing where person is living. In other case, service center divide the work load to different service center. But when you move there is no way service center will send it your service center who has jurisdiction.

I may be totally wrong here.

service center: doesn't conduct interview, there is no visiting hours or anything.
            Field office: conduct interview, visiting hrs.
            Asylum office: combination of both?

Comment

• i485 Delay

Originally posted by Clancy View Post
              Once you do that, TSC should no longer have jurisdiction over your file and your file should be transferred to NSC.

Goodluck

I think thats false. Since immigration law are federal law. They have jurisdiction on your case if your service center is TSC or else but you moved and lived in different place. One immigration lawyer told me that. If service center needs additional information or anything, they will send all your document it to local filed office for processing where person is living. In other case, service center divide the work load to different service center. But when you move there is no way service center will send it your service center who has jurisdiction.

I may be totally wrong here.

service center: doesn't conduct interview, there is no visiting hours or anything.
              Field office: conduct interview, visiting hrs.
              Asylum office: combination of both?
              You probably did not get my original post. TSC (Texas Service Center) and NSC (Nebraska Service Center) are the USCIS offices that process asylum-based i485s. TSC has jurisdiction over some states (which have much higher immigrants living in them) and NSC has jurisdiction over the other states that TSC does not cover. Now, if a pending asylum-based i485 applicant originally living in a state TSC has jurisdiction over moves to another state under NSC's jurisdiction and updates their address, the applicant's file would be moved to the office covering that jurisdiction, which is NSC.

You may see below:

Transferring Jurisdiction within USCIS.

[Revised 5/1/13; PM-602-0075]

A pending application/petition may be transferred to a different officer or jurisdiction for several reasons, such as (but not limited to):

The application/petition was not filed in the proper
              jurisdiction;

The applicant/petitioner now resides within another
              jurisdiction;

An application/petition pending at a service center appears
              to warrant a personal interview at a field office;

A supervisory officer transfers workload to another officer
              within the same jurisdiction; or

Regulations require transfer of an application/petition to
              another office for specific action.

Last edited by mekus21; 06-06-2018, 01:31 PM.

Comment

• i485 Delay

Hey my people, what's going on....any recent green card approvals?

Pman you and your husband have your green card in hand now?
                Last edited by mekus21; 06-17-2018, 11:12 PM.

Comment

• Husband?s case is still pending

Originally posted by mekus21 View Post
                  Hey my people, what's going on....any recent green card approvals?

Pman you and your husband have your green card in hand now?
                  I got RFE for expired medical report. My husband got RFE for medical plus we forgot to submit his birth certificate so in addition to medical there was RFE for birth certificate too for my husband. My husband ?s and mine RFE response was received by USCIs on the same date but my husband ?s application is yet to be approved. We went to congressman?s office again and they did inquiry on our behalf with uscis regarding my husband ?s pending case. We came to know that his background check is pending. Is it because of birth certificate? And his I765 is transferred to another service center. 😒. Mine was approved 3 weeks before, we are still waiting for decision on my husband ?s application .

Comment

• i485 Approval

Has anybody done more than one request with their Congressman? Was it helpful? Seems like mine had no effect whatsoever.
                    You can definitely visit your congressman again. Just let them know nothing has changed since you last visited. They might take action this time.

Comment

• i485 Delay at TSC

Estimated time range: 5.5 Months to 24.5 Months
                      Form type: Based on grant of asylum more than 1 year ago
                      Receipt date for a case inquiry: July 03, 2016

Finally, Texas service center is picking up speeeed.

Buchavka21, any update?

Comment

• i485 Delay at TSC

Hi there,
                        Yes, I've noticed that today too. But the range is still very broad like 5,5 to 24,5. Plus, this is the 3d time they make changes unexpectedly and who knows maybe July 16 will become March 15 any time soon...
                        I had no updates on my case since I made an inquiry with Congresswoman in May. The only thing is that my case history online has completely disappeared. I made a change of address and that record has gone for good. I think I'll make one more inquiry next week, plus I need to update my medicals since they expired this months. Can I send them in advance by the way without waiting for RFE?
                        Any updates from you guys?
                        I wouldn't recommend resending one without an RFE because it is not guaranteed that it will be added to your file as your file may not be readily accessible if it hasn't gotten to your turn to be adjudicated on. I say this because after my congressman placed an inquiry at TSC on my behalf, I finally got a positive response to my online inquiry that my file had been stored at an offsite storage location since it was received and that it was going to be retrieved to be assigned to an officer for review, which makes me believe that asylum-based files/applications received at TSC are stored temporarily at a storage location and retrieved for adjudication when their priority dates become current, especially moreso for TSC where it is taking up to 18 months for priority dates to become current. That is to say, if you send updated medicals and your file is, probably, still at their offsite storage location, your medicals might not make it into your file.

It might be best to wait till you get an RFE (your file is out of the storage location and with an adjudicating officer), which contains a direct return address to the officer handling your case.

Comment

• Originally posted by Buchavka21
                          Hi there,
                          Yes, I've noticed that today too. But the range is still very broad like 5,5 to 24,5. Plus, this is the 3d time they make changes unexpectedly and who knows maybe July 16 will become March 15 any time soon...
                          I had no updates on my case since I made an inquiry with Congresswoman in May. The only thing is that my case history online has completely disappeared. I made a change of address and that record has gone for good. I think I'll make one more inquiry next week, plus I need to update my medicals since they expired this months. Can I send them in advance by the way without waiting for RFE?
                          Any updates from you guys?
                          Regarding the expiration of your I-693 - You have 1 year to submit it to USCIS FROM the date it was completed. Then, it remains valid for another year from the date it is RECEIVED by USCIS. So your I-693 should expire on or around 08/22/18.

Comment

• i485 Approval

Originally posted by UScitizenFilingforspouse View Post
                            Regarding the expiration of your I-693 - You have 1 year to submit it to USCIS FROM the date it was completed. Then, it remains valid for another year from the date it is RECEIVED by USCIS. So your I-693 should expire on or around 08/22/18.
                            Your case seems to be moving fast, please what USCIS office is handling your marriage-based AOS application?

Comment

• Hi guys,
                              When you got your Green Card, what was an issue date on it?
                              I'm just trying to understand: they are making us to wait more than 2 years for the Green Card and than 5 more years for a Citizenship or this waiting period will be counted and we can apply for a citizenship in 3 years after we got GC?

Comment

• i485 Delay at TSC

Originally posted by Katiusha View Post
                                Hi guys,
                                When you got your Green Card, what was an issue date on it?
                                I'm just trying to understand: they are making us to wait more than 2 years for the Green Card and than 5 more years for a Citizenship or this waiting period will be counted and we can apply for a citizenship in 3 years after we got GC?

Unfortunately, USCIS only backdates the asylee/refugee green card to one year prior to the day it was approved, regardless of how long one waited - 6 months or 3 years. This 1 year only covers the 1-year wait time an asylee/refugee had to wait to be eligible to apply for permanent residency and does not cover the wait time while the i485 was pending. My i485 took 14 months to be approved and it was backdated by only 1 year and my countdown to citizenship starts counting from my backdated year and month. It sucks that they do it this way and while mine was pending I understood that I wouldn't get any pending lost time back thus I took steps to involve my congressman to get my case going and I'm really glad I did. Otherwise, maybe mine would have stayed pending for 2 years or more, who knows. It really sucks. Thus, the need for those pending at TSC to take proactive steps to get their cases going if they intend to become US citizens in the nearest future, but if this is not a priority they may wait out their pending i485.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X