X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Applied 04/10/2019
    Green card received 09/23/2019.

Comment

• Hey guys, I want to share some good news I received today... Card is being produced. Here's my timeline:
      Dec 27, 2017 - i-485 package sent
      Jan 2, 2018 - I-485 received by Nebraska Service Center
      April 18, 2019 - Biometrics appointment
      July 25, 2019 - RFE to retake medical exam (form I-693)
      August 15, 2019 - RFE response received
      September 24. 2019 - Your card is being produced

Good luck to all who are waiting!

Comment

• Originally posted by Culcapc View Post
        Applied 04/10/2019
        Green card received 09/23/2019.
        Congrats!!
        Just curious, which service center did you file your petition?

Comment

• Originally posted by jack55215 View Post

I applied end of May 2019, today new card is being produced!
          Congrats. Which service center did you file?

Comment

• Originally posted by luckycharm4111 View Post

Congrats. Which service center did you file?
            I filed and accepted by the Nebraska Service Center. It was supposed to be delivered with tracking number yesterday. However... It seems USPS might have a hard time keeping up with their delivery date.

Comment

• Nebraska looks pretty fast in processing. Got mine Green Card last week in hand. Good luck guys and thank you so much so support and suggestions. I will be applying for my parents in B2 visa here. Anybody has any experience of inviting parents after getting GC based on asylum.

Comment

• Originally posted by dolcevita View Post

Oh really??? My lawyer said I do need AP... I will try to find some info online, I never read anything like that.
                I think your lawyer is not competent and has no experience in this situation. If your asylum status was granted you don't need AP to travel abroad. You just need Refugee Travel Document (Form I-131). I've visit Italy and France from September, 3 2019 till September 14, 2019 and returned back to USA without any problems. During immigration control I showed my Refugee Travel Document, California ID and Work Authorization card. Officer asked me few regular questions like: "What countries you have visited", "How long you was out of US" etc. Than I was sent to additional document check. During this check I was asked same questions one more time and few additional questions like: "Where do you live in US", "What is your occupation", "Do you want to return to your home country". Additional check took 3-4 minutes and after that I was admitted to US.

Comment

• Case Was Transferred To An Asylum Office

On February 21, 2019, we transferred your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, Receipt Number #0000000000, to an asylum office for processing. That office will mail you a decision or send you a request if it needs something from you.

Has anybody had same status as me? I wrote dozen letters to Asylum Office and they said: "Your application is under review". More than 7 month gone and nothing changed
                  Last edited by alexkim; 09-29-2019, 07:46 PM.

Comment

• Any latest green card approvals?

How long does it take to get the I131 travel document from the Nebraska Service Center?

Comment

• Heads up:

For those with pending or long-pending I485 applications (especially at TSC) whose travel documents are about to expire or have expired, you could renew your travel document for FREE while the I485 is still pending. All you need to do is file for the renewal and attach a copy of your I797 (pending i485 application) to your package as proof of payment.

Goodluck!
                      Last edited by mekus21; 10-17-2019, 11:18 PM.

Comment

• I applied for i485 in November 2018 and it is still pending at TSC. As everyone knows how slow USCIS is processing these days, I'm not surprised by their urgency. I would be grateful if someone can answer these questions I have. Thank you

First Question:
                        Does anyone have an idea if someone you know or from this thread got their Asylee based i485 approved at TSC who applied around November-December 2019 or any latest approval updates? (I did look up the processing times websites but many say they are not accurate).

Second Question:
                        Let's say I get my green card after 16 months of processing time, as an Asylee I can apply for Citizenship after 4 years. "Will the additional/unusual waiting period for i485 application be deducted from the 4 years as well ?? or is it 4 years after we receive the green card??". In other words, people whose i485 has been approved after a long delay, normally they would have backdated it by 1 year, what's the issue date printed on your Green Card. Thank you

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screen Shot 2019-10-09 at 4.19.55 PM.png Views:	0 Size:	58.1 KB ID:	710789
                        Last edited by ravinmish; 10-09-2019, 04:41 PM.

Comment

• I come bearing good news! My Green Card is sent to production. A little history, I applied in March 2018 to Nebraska Service Center, In July 2018, My case was transferred for faster processing at the Texas Service Center. After waiting so long , 18 months which is unprecedented for an asylee to wait for a green card. I wrote to my congressman in New York, and the U.S. Ombudsman, Then today, I received an email from my congressman office that my application was approved yesterday and sent to production. I want to thank everyone for sharing their experience with me. Don't be discouraged! Take all the necessary steps like I did, after waiting reach out to the relevant people for assistance, I got an almost immediate response, and I am actually impressed, All I did was explained to my congressman that I am following the immigration rules and regulations and I cannot be following the Nationality and Immigration Act and being punished with long wait times.

I wish everyone well! Citizenship is next, I will update everyone once the card comes in the mail.

New Card Is Being Produced

On October 8, 2019, we ordered your new card for Receipt Number LIN YYYY YYYY XX, and will mail it to the address you gave us. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

Comment

• Originally posted by Asylee Expert View Post
                            I come bearing good news! My Green Card is sent to production. A little history, I applied in March 2018 to Nebraska Service Center, In July 2018, My case was transferred for faster processing at the Texas Service Center. After waiting so long , 18 months which is unprecedented for an asylee to wait for a green card. I wrote to my congressman in New York, and the U.S. Ombudsman, Then today, I received an email from my congressman office that my application was approved yesterday and sent to production. I want to thank everyone for sharing their experience with me. Don't be discouraged! Take all the necessary steps like I did, after waiting reach out to the relevant people for assistance, I got an almost immediate response, and I am actually impressed, All I did was explained to my congressman that I am following the immigration rules and regulations and I cannot be following the Nationality and Immigration Act and being punished with long wait times.

I wish everyone well! Citizenship is next, I will update everyone once the card comes in the mail.

On October 8, 2019, we ordered your new card for Receipt Number LIN YYYY YYYY XX, and will mail it to the address you gave us. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.
                            Hey !!! So happy for you. We are still waiting with the same exact timeframe as you . Did they tell you resubmit medical exam?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sabinan View Post

Hey !!! So happy for you. We are still waiting with the same exact timeframe as you . Did they tell you resubmit medical exam?
                              Thank you! I did not resubmit a new medical which is good news for me. I didn't want to spend anymore money anyways. I don't think this had much bearing on their decision for me not to resubmit a medical but in my paperwork to thr confressman and thr U.S. obudsman, I did explain it would be a undue burden on me to pay and redo the medical examination which was submitted in a timely manner.

Comment

• Originally posted by Asylee Expert View Post
                                I come bearing good news! My Green Card is sent to production. A little history, I applied in March 2018 to Nebraska Service Center, In July 2018, My case was transferred for faster processing at the Texas Service Center. After waiting so long , 18 months which is unprecedented for an asylee to wait for a green card. I wrote to my congressman in New York, and the U.S. Ombudsman, Then today, I received an email from my congressman office that my application was approved yesterday and sent to production. I want to thank everyone for sharing their experience with me. Don't be discouraged! Take all the necessary steps like I did, after waiting reach out to the relevant people for assistance, I got an almost immediate response, and I am actually impressed, All I did was explained to my congressman that I am following the immigration rules and regulations and I cannot be following the Nationality and Immigration Act and being punished with long wait times.

First of all, many many Congratulations to you, I'm glad the wait was finally over.

But why did you apply to NSC in the beginning, isn't TSC the i485 filing address for NY residents?

Also, I have seen from the previous threads that people often say they wrote to their Congress to speed up their process and that helped them. Can you explain how you approached the Congressman (email, phone, mail??) and any documents you need to send. Thank you
                                Last edited by ravinmish; 10-10-2019, 11:52 AM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X