Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Asylum Based i-485

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Sabinan View Post


    Please let us know if this will make any change. Thank you
    Hi Sabinan,

    So after my wife’s GC got approved 2 weeks ago mine just updated today saying my i485 is approved as well. Hopefully I will get my GC soon.

    so here is my timeline for those who have waiting patiently:
    Aug 2017 - asylum approved
    Aug 2018 - i485 application sent for husband and wife
    May 2019 - wife application got approved
    June 2019 - my application got approved
    (TSC)
    hopefully everyone who is waiting patiently will get their applications approved as well.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by sam1000 View Post

      Hi Sabinan,

      So after my wife’s GC got approved 2 weeks ago mine just updated today saying my i485 is approved as well. Hopefully I will get my GC soon.

      so here is my timeline for those who have waiting patiently:
      Aug 2017 - asylum approved
      Aug 2018 - i485 application sent for husband and wife
      May 2019 - wife application got approved
      June 2019 - my application got approved
      (TSC)
      hopefully everyone who is waiting patiently will get their applications approved as well.

      Thank for sharing !!! Congrats on your GC!! We are still waiting. Date we applied is March 2018

      Comment


      • Applied for GC April 2019. Fingerprints taken May 21, Fingerprints review completed May 22. Still waiting for GC approval.

        Comment


        • How long will you wait before requesting from the USCIS about your case.
          Currently Request date is about 2 years and 4 months time(Texas center 8 to 28.4 months). Will you wait 2.5 years ?


          Comment


          • Originally posted by blahvah View Post
            How long will you wait before requesting from the USCIS about your case.
            Currently Request date is about 2 years and 4 months time(Texas center 8 to 28.4 months). Will you wait 2.5 years ?

            Yes

            Comment


            • Originally posted by chiccat View Post

              Yes
              howly fykk. Time to forget about uscis.gov and go for a comma state for another 2 years.




              Comment


              • Originally posted by blahvah View Post

                howly fykk. Time to forget about uscis.gov and go for a comma state for another 2 years.



                You might get your green card soon, don’t worry about it.

                Comment


                • USCIS Aims to Decrease Processing Times for N-400 and I-485

                  USCIS will implement a national strategy to decrease differences in processing times based on location for Form N-400, Application for Naturalization, and Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status.

                  Since the end of 2015, we have experienced an increase in processing times due to higher than expected volumes received during fiscal years (FY) 2016 and 2017 that did not decrease as originally projected. FY 2017 receipts were up 15.6% from FY 2016, and FY 2016 receipts were up 25.5% from FY 2015. The increased filing volumes did not affect our field offices equally, which resulted in some disparity in the processing times among field offices.

                  As we shift caseloads between field offices to decrease processing times, we may schedule applicants to appear for an interview at a field office outside of their normal jurisdiction. Applicants may receive an interview appointment notice or other types of notices (such as a Request for Evidence) from a field office outside of their normal jurisdiction. However, these caseload changes will not affect where applicants attend their biometrics appointments. We will still direct them to the nearest application support center. Applicants should follow the instructions on any notices they receive from USCIS.

                  USCIS remains committed to adjudicating applications, petitions, and requests for immigration benefits as effectively and efficiently as possible in accordance with all applicable laws, policies, and regulations while securing the integrity of the immigration system.

                  If you have questions about an appointment notice we send you, you may contact the USCIS Contact Center.

                  https://www.uscis.gov/news/alerts/us...unmtP2RNsc4GCs

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Asylee Expert View Post
                    USCIS Aims to Decrease Processing Times for N-400 and I-485

                    USCIS will implement a national strategy to decrease differences in processing times based on location for Form N-400, Application for Naturalization, and Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status.



                    As we shift caseloads between field offices to decrease processing times, we may schedule applicants to appear for an interview at a field office outside of their normal jurisdiction. Applicants may receive an interview appointment notice or other types of notices (such as a Request for Evidence) from a field office outside of their normal jurisdiction. However, these caseload changes will not affect where applicants attend their biometrics appointments. We will still direct them to the nearest application support center. Applicants should follow the instructions on any notices they receive from USCIS.


                    https://www.uscis.gov/news/alerts/us...unmtP2RNsc4GCs
                    What's your take on this?
                    Sounds like it does not effect Asylum based applicants. Since there are only 2 offices in Texas and Arizona? Article informing about shifting caseloads and interview location to less busy offices



                    Comment


                    • How long to wait if your case is in Phoenix office? I am not looking for what USCIS website says, but real cases that have been resolved already.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Culcapc View Post
                        How long to wait if your case is in Phoenix office? I am not looking for what USCIS website says, but real cases that have been resolved already.
                        There’s no office in Phoenix. It’s a lockbox facility where they process payments.

                        Comment


                        • I485 Package sent in sep 2018 to TSC, Just received RFE yesterday for my birth certificate, mailed it out today. One thing slightly makes me nervous is the cover sheet, I found a sample online, hopefully it wouldn’t be an issue.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Alan83 View Post
                            I485 Package sent in sep 2018 to TSC, Just received RFE yesterday for my birth certificate, mailed it out today. One thing slightly makes me nervous is the cover sheet, I found a sample online, hopefully it wouldn’t be an issue.
                            I filed mine in TSC on Aug 2018. I received my Green Card in June 2019. I did not receive any RFE. Hopefully you will receive your approval soon.

                            Comment


                            • So happy for everyone who’s cases are moving. But I don’t understand how they process the cases. We filed in March 2018 to Nebraska. On July 2018 case was transferred to Texas. And now I see that they done with August 2018 and processing cases for September 2018 . When they will take care of transferred cases from last summer?????????????????????????

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by sam1000 View Post

                                I filed mine in TSC on Aug 2018. I received my Green Card in June 2019. I did not receive any RFE. Hopefully you will receive your approval soon.
                                Thank you. Hope I ll hear a positive news soon. Best of luck to everyone.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X