Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Asylum Based i-485

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Asylee Expert View Post
    I come bearing good news! My Green Card is sent to production. A little history, I applied in March 2018 to Nebraska Service Center, In July 2018, My case was transferred for faster processing at the Texas Service Center. After waiting so long , 18 months which is unprecedented for an asylee to wait for a green card. I wrote to my congressman in New York, and the U.S. Ombudsman, Then today, I received an email from my congressman office that my application was approved yesterday and sent to production. I want to thank everyone for sharing their experience with me. Don't be discouraged! Take all the necessary steps like I did, after waiting reach out to the relevant people for assistance, I got an almost immediate response, and I am actually impressed, All I did was explained to my congressman that I am following the immigration rules and regulations and I cannot be following the Nationality and Immigration Act and being punished with long wait times.

    I wish everyone well! Citizenship is next, I will update everyone once the card comes in the mail.

    New Card Is Being Produced

    On October 8, 2019, we ordered your new card for Receipt Number LINXXXXXXXXXX, and will mail it to the address you gave us. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.
    Congratulations! I know that feeling, especially when mine got approved. Now your wait time towards citizenship starts counting (from October 2018) and your earliest filing date for the N400 would be July 2023 (4 years and 9 months from the 'permanent resident since xx/yy' date on your green card).

    The current wait times across several offices for N400 applications have gone up as well (up to a year or more), save for a few offices. That's another hurdle to face when that time comes. Hopefully, things improve by then to the usual 4 to 6 months previously.

    Comment


    • I come once again bearing goods new! My Green Card through asylum has been mailed. I will update the group once I receive same. Remember while you wait to occupy yourself, take vacations, work and continue with your life.

      Card Was Mailed To Me

      On October 10, 2019, we mailed your new card for your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, Receipt Number LINXXXXXXXXXX, to the address you gave us. If you do not receive your card by October 25, 2019, please go to www.uscis.gov/e-request to request that we send your new card to you. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by mekus21 View Post

        Congratulations! I know that feeling, especially when mine got approved. Now your wait time towards citizenship starts counting (from October 2018) and your earliest filing date for the N400 would be July 2023 (4 years and 9 months from the 'permanent resident since xx/yy' date on your green card).

        The current wait times across several offices for N400 applications have gone up as well (up to a year or more), save for a few offices. That's another hurdle to face when that time comes. Hopefully, things improve by then to the usual 4 to 6 months previously.
        I will be able to file earlier than that, I have been married to a United States for over 3 years. Based on my previous calculators, I was slated to be a citizenship next year 2020, but at this that is a little out of reach.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by ravinmish View Post
          I applied for i485 in November 2018 and it is still pending at TSC. As everyone knows how slow USCIS is processing these days, I'm not surprised by their urgency. I would be grateful if someone can answer these questions I have. Thank you

          First Question:
          Does anyone have an idea if someone you know or from this thread got their Asylee based i485 approved at TSC who applied around November-December 2019 or any latest approval updates? (I did look up the processing times websites but many say they are not accurate).


          Second Question:
          Let's say I get my green card after 16 months of processing time, as an Asylee I can apply for Citizenship after 4 years. "Will the additional/unusual waiting period for i485 application be deducted from the 4 years as well ?? or is it 4 years after we receive the green card??". In other words, people whose i485 has been approved after a long delay, normally they would have backdated it by 1 year, what's the issue date printed on your Green Card. Thank you


          Click image for larger version Name:	Screen Shot 2019-10-09 at 4.19.55 PM.png Views:	0 Size:	58.1 KB ID:	710789
          Actually i got my GC after 26 months of waiting and when i saw the date on it it says August 30, 2019 not even gave me one year grace period that means i have to wait 5 more years for Naturalization... Its crazy but as i waited so long for GC and dont want to get in trouble by asking them about grace period... I will wait one more year to get naturalized.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by chaddhaaman View Post

            Actually i got my GC after 26 months of waiting and when i saw the date on it it says August 30, 2019 not even gave me one year grace period that means i have to wait 5 more years for Naturalization... Its crazy but as i waited so long for GC and dont want to get in trouble by asking them about grace period... I will wait one more year to get naturalized.
            The bolded part is an error on the side of USCIS and it can be corrected. The officers sometimes do make mistakes like this one. Contact USCIS and report the error. They will have you mail back your card and resend you a corrected one.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Asylee Expert View Post

              I will be able to file earlier than that, I have been married to a United States for over 3 years. Based on my previous calculators, I was slated to be a citizenship next year 2020, but at this that is a little out of reach.
              In addition to being married to a US citizen, the 3 years start counting from when you obtained the marriage-based green card through marriage to a US citizen. That is, if you marry but together file your documents a year later and get your green card 9 months after filing, your count towards citizenship starts as of the day you obtained your marriage-based permanent residence. If you get your green car through asylum then you have to wait 4 years from the date of approval or 5 from date on the asylee card.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by mekus21 View Post

                In addition to being married to a US citizen, the 3 years start counting from when you obtained the marriage-based green card through marriage to a US citizen. That is, if you marry but together file your documents a year later and get your green card 9 months after filing, your count towards citizenship starts as of the day you obtained your marriage-based permanent residence. If you get your green car through asylum then you have to wait 4 years from the date of approval or 5 from date on the asylee card.
                I will be applying for citizenship based on 3 years continuous marriage to a United States citizen using my green card I have recieved through asylum. I am quite sure I know this, one of my friends did the same thing.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Asylee Expert View Post

                  I will be applying for citizenship based on 3 years continuous marriage to a United States citizen using my green card I have recieved through asylum. I am quite sure I know this, one of my friends did the same thing.
                  Naturalization for Spouses of U.S. Citizens


                  In general, you may qualify for naturalization under Section 319(a) of the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA) if you
                  • Have been a permanent resident (Green Card holder) for at least 3 years
                  • Have been living in marital union with the same U.S. citizen spouse during such time
                  • Meet all other eligibility requirements under this section

                  In certain cases, spouses of U.S. citizens employed abroad may qualify for naturalization regardless of their time as permanent residents. These spouses may qualify under Section 319(b) of the INA.

                  For more information, see USCIS Policy Manual Citizenship and Naturalization Guidance.

                  For information relating to spouses of military members, see our Members of the Military and Their Families page. Also for information about becoming a permanent resident or petitioning for family members, please visit our Green Card or Family webpages.

                  https://www.uscis.gov/us-citizenship...es-us-citizens



                  The difference in wait time is only 1 year though (4 years for asylee green card holders and 3 for spouses of US citizens). In your case, since your asylee green card will be backdated by 1 year, you'll have only 2 more years (1 year and 9 months, the earliest) to live as a green card holder to apply. Goodluck.
                  Last edited by mekus21; 10-12-2019, 02:20 PM.

                  Comment


                  • Hello Everyone, I come bearing good news! On last Saturday I receive d my permanent resident approval letter from the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services. I will update you once I receive the call tomorrow. I will be eligible for citizenship in October 2021, I am excited.

                    Comment


                    • Hello Everyone, It is official, I am a United States Permanent Resident. The card came today and IT IDS BACK DATED AS EXPECTED. I will be eligible gor citizenship October 8, 2021.

                      Timelines

                      Apply for Permanent Residency/Green Card on March 2018

                      Case transferred to Texas Servicr Center for faster processing in July 2018

                      Solicited the assistance of the U.S. Obudsman and New York Congressman in October 2019. It was dealth with immediately and approved on October 8, 2019.

                      Thanks everyone! I am here as usual, I will leave for the Kingdom of Netherlands next week. It is not too late to join me!

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Asylee Expert View Post
                        Hello Everyone, It is official, I am a United States Permanent Resident. The card came today and IT IDS BACK DATED AS EXPECTED. I will be eligible gor citizenship October 8, 2021.

                        Timelines

                        Apply for Permanent Residency/Green Card on March 2018

                        Case transferred to Texas Servicr Center for faster processing in July 2018

                        Solicited the assistance of the U.S. Obudsman and New York Congressman in October 2019. It was dealth with immediately and approved on October 8, 2019.

                        Thanks everyone! I am here as usual, I will leave for the Kingdom of Netherlands next week. It is not too late to join me!
                        What do you mean you can apply for citizenship in October 2021 because you were granted asylum in 2017?
                        the waiting time is included on your card?

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Asylee Expert View Post
                          Hello Everyone, It is official, I am a United States Permanent Resident. The card came today and IT IDS BACK DATED AS EXPECTED. I will be eligible gor citizenship October 8, 2021.

                          Timelines

                          Apply for Permanent Residency/Green Card on March 2018

                          Case transferred to Texas Servicr Center for faster processing in July 2018

                          Solicited the assistance of the U.S. Obudsman and New York Congressman in October 2019. It was dealth with immediately and approved on October 8, 2019.

                          Thanks everyone! I am here as usual, I will leave for the Kingdom of Netherlands next week. It is not too late to join me!
                          Congrats again

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Hatori1980 View Post

                            What do you mean you can apply for citizenship in October 2021 because you were granted asylum in 2017?
                            the waiting time is included on your card?
                            Once again, I am married to a U.S. citizen for over 3 years. My green card is through asylum and has been backdated a year from the approval date, that means I have to wait only 2 years from the approval date to apply for citizenship.

                            Comment


                            • Asylum based i485 filed on March 2018,
                              Transferred to Texas service center from Nebraska Service center on JULY 2018
                              Since then no response or update till today's date!!!

                              What to do ? Suggest the further step

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Sam1431 View Post
                                Asylum based i485 filed on March 2018,
                                Transferred to Texas service center from Nebraska Service center on JULY 2018
                                Since then no response or update till today's date!!!

                                What to do ? Suggest the further step
                                Are you living in a state under TSC's jurisdiction but filed instead with NSC? If so, that may be the reason for the transfer.

                                Normally, if files are moved within offices, you shouldn't lose your place in queue but it seems to me that TSC may be putting transferred files at the end of the queue, regardless of the date of filing.

                                I strongly recommend that you contact your congressman to place an inquiry with TSC. It helps tremendously. Read one of my recent posts on how I did that myself and received my green card. Cheers.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X