Asylum Based i-485

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by gtaid1 View Post

Yes it was BS! Like after working and waiting in US for 6 years, I wasn't going to move to Canada. Besides I have really good job and salary here that I don't think Canada can even compete... which apparently wasn't enough for Canada.

Anyways, if you want to visit an English speaking country, Ireland gives visa much easier to asylees and their process is very fast, also very friendly! I got my visa in a week by mail but unfortunately didn't travel due to COVID19 restrictions.
    I know you have to apply for Ireland visa but is it free for fee?
    i saw it on the website who has refugee travel document dont have to pay for visa fee.

Comment

• Originally posted by luckycharm4111 View Post

Your visit to see your father won't be a problem unless you don't have a strong documentation.

Most of the times they ask for the Birth certificate and let us know once you get the RFE letter what they asked for?

Can you please share your timelines ? Service center?

As you are new, below post from Zidane has the timeline, same way if you can have yours that may help us every one to understand processing time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jonik1020 View Post
        Thanks guys Here is my time line , and once I get the letter I will let you guys know thanks .
        asylum granted 2017
        applied i-485 nov 2018
        and still waiting to see what they requested in the letter for evidence the service center is Texes the slowest

Comment

Yes it was BS! Like after working and waiting in US for 6 years, I wasn't going to move to Canada. Besides I have really good job and salary here that I don't think Canada can even compete... which apparently wasn't enough for Canada.

Anyways, if you want to visit an English speaking country, Ireland gives visa much easier to asylees and their process is very fast, also very friendly! I got my visa in a week by mail but unfortunately didn't travel due to COVID19 restrictions.
          What’s the duration of the visa.

Comment

Thanks guys Here is my time line , and once I get the letter I will let you guys know thanks .
            asylum granted 2017
            applied i-485 nov 2018
            and still waiting to see what they requested in the letter for evidence the service center is Texes the slowest
            Thank you for reply Jonik1020

Yes, Texas Service center is very very very slow.

I have seen recently people who filed in December 2018 got the approval but there are lot of people waiting who filed in Jan, Feb and March of 2018.

When was your biometrics appointment ?

It looks like it is taking minimum 2 years to touch your file by TSC USCIS officer.

I have seen approval for the people who file in November 2019 in Nebraska Service Center (NSC) which is very faster than TSC.
            Last edited by luckycharm4111; 05-28-2020, 08:23 AM.

Comment

• USCIS OPERATIONS UPDATE: As we prepare to reopen some offices to the public on June 4, we’ll send notices to applicants and petitioners with previously scheduled appointments and interviews. Those who had other appointments must reschedule through the USCIS Contact Center once field offices are open to the public. If visiting our offices, you should follow the safety guidelines and visitor limitations posted and linked to below. For more details: https://www.uscis.gov/news/alerts/uscis-preparing-resume-public-services-june-4

Beginning June 4, 2020, certain USCIS field offices, application support centers and asylum offices will resume non-emergency face-to-face services to the public. USCIS has enacted precautions to prevent the spread of COVID-19 in reopened facilities:
              • Visitors may not enter a USCIS facility if they:
                • Have any symptoms of COVID-19, including cough, fever or difficulty breathing;
                • Have been in close contact with anyone known or suspected to have COVID-19 in the last 14 days; or
                • Have been individually directed to self-quarantine or self-isolate by a health care provider or public health official within the last 14 days.
              • Visitors may not enter the facility more than 15 minutes prior to their appointment (30 minutes for naturalization ceremonies).
              • Hand sanitizer will be provided for visitors at entry points.
              • Members of the public must wear facial coverings that cover both the mouth and nose when entering facilities. If they do not have one, USCIS may provide one or the visitor will be asked to reschedule their appointment.
              • There will be markings and physical barriers in the facility; visitors should pay close attention to these signs to ensure they follow social distancing guidelines.
              • Individuals may also have to answer health screening questions before entering a facility.
              • Individuals are encouraged to bring their own black or blue ink pens.

Appointment notices will include further instructions for visiting USCIS facilities. For more information, visit uscis.gov.
              Click image for larger version

Name:	101029077_3275302729147591_7199274836399489024_o.png
Views:	944
Size:	104.6 KB
ID:	733993

Comment

How long does if take for the letter to arrive their website says we sent you a letter on 20th and its has been a week , I haven’t got it yet , any clue? Thanks

Comment

• 6 to 7 days but some time the letter goes to your lawyer

Comment

• Originally posted by Hatori1980 View Post

I know you have to apply for Ireland visa but is it free for fee?
                    i saw it on the website who has refugee travel document dont have to pay for visa fee.
                    no it was not free and their consulate in San Francisco website also shows fees, I don't remember exactly but I think I paid $100 for visa.

Originally posted by Deedolar View Post

What’s the duration of the visa.
                    3 months

Comment

no it was not free and their consulate in San Francisco website also shows fees, I don't remember exactly but I think I paid $100 for visa.

3 months
                      Thanks

Comment

• I am renewing my Refuge Travel Document based on I485 still pending, any one knows how long it will take to get the new one? Last year I got my first RTD in 3.5 months from filling.
                        thx

Comment

• Originally posted by Asyleeasylee View Post
                          I am renewing my Refuge Travel Document based on I485 still pending, any one knows how long it will take to get the new one? Last year I got my first RTD in 3.5 months from filling.
                          thx
                          Most probably same as you did before , we pray may God make things easy for all of us .

Comment

I am renewing my Refuge Travel Document based on I485 still pending, any one knows how long it will take to get the new one? Last year I got my first RTD in 3.5 months from filling.
                            thx
                            I applied RTD in Feb based on pending I-485 and it is still pending (almost 4 months).

Expecting to get it by June but not sure.

When did you apply ?
                            Last edited by luckycharm4111; 05-29-2020, 03:12 PM.

Comment

thx
                              Mine took 5 months - NSC

Comment

• Hear another bullshit.
                                i got approved for SBA loan . They asked me for certain documents which i provided and they had one another requirement which was proof of permanent immigration status or citizenship proof. I told the loan officer that i am an asylee and my GC application is in pending. I provided him my valid i-94 and unristricted SSN. He said we cannot process the application as you are not a permanent resident yet. We can hold your application for a little while and if you get your GC, send us a copy and we can approve your loan.

I mean this is total bullshit. I am approved for a home loan which is 100s of thousand and i am not approved for a pendamic loan just because i dont have my GC in hand yet.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X