No announcement yet.

Asylum Based i-485

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I saw today a law firm filed a class action law sue today for the people with pending naturalization ceremonies, apparently we are not the only ones affected by the USCIS incompetency, we should look into filing a law sue our selfs.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jasmine22 View Post
      Hey guys!

I have asked for help from my Congressman Office back in January 2020, and USCIS answered with the generic reply, saying “our case is within normal processing times”.

I went to the Congressman’s Office today again, since 6 months passed, and I thought this is a decent period of time passed to submit another inquiry about our case status.

The Congressman’s assistant just copied and pasted the processing times from the official USCIS website (just like I wouldn’t know that the official period ranges from 8-33 months, or maybe she thought I don’t have access to internet), and has informed me that my case shows that the “fingerprints were taken”... which I am obviously aware of, since this is an important matter..

She has also mentioned that “we have already asked them back in January about the case status”, and we have never got a specific reply, so looks like in her opinion, it does not make sense to ask again... she has mentioned that I need to wait for 33 months to pass, and then inquire.. but I am not sure the lady understands, that if I wait 33 months to pass, then I can basically inquire about the status of my case by myself, and the Congressman’s assistance doesn’t make any sense..

In my understanding, she has rejected asking USCIS on my behalf.. is this normal?

Just wanted to ask you guys for your opinion.. I feel so discouraged. I am not feeling ok waiting for three years of my case to be adjudicated. What did I do wrong to be punished with long waiting times?

Thanks.
      Hi jasmin,
      Sorry to hear about your bad experience and don’t be discouraged the congressman office is not end the world. That lady must be rude or having some bad day. Its just one door, 2nd door you can knock on is your senator which is even of more influence than a congressman. Try to reach your senators office and ask them to send an inquiry on your behalf. You can also reach to governors office as well so we have a lot of platforms we can get benefit from. Good luck and we all get our GC soon.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kashigill View Post

Hi jasmin,
        Sorry to hear about your bad experience and don’t be discouraged the congressman office is not end the world. That lady must be rude or having some bad day. Its just one door, 2nd door you can knock on is your senator which is even of more influence than a congressman. Try to reach your senators office and ask them to send an inquiry on your behalf. You can also reach to governors office as well so we have a lot of platforms we can get benefit from. Good luck and we all get our GC soon.
        Thank you so much, guys!

My little online family right here in the chat .

Comment

• I heard USCIS will furlough employees next month if it doesn't receive funding from congress, also i saw this news article today: Administration puts ‘hold’ on green card requests from US

Comment

• Originally posted by gtaid1 View Post
            I heard USCIS will furlough employees next month if it doesn't receive funding from congress, also i saw this news article today: Administration puts ‘hold’ on green card requests from US

so i was checking the numbers of receipts before and after mine ,,,,
            I saw one after me, has gotten a RFE letter 1o of june, apparently they are still working, so i dont know about that?!
            July 26, 2019 : AOS Package sent to USCIS
            July 29, 2019 : TEXTS received n credit card charged
            August 5, 2019 : NOA letter received in the mail

Comment

• Originally posted by lolo858585 View Post

I saw one after me, has gotten a RFE letter 1o of june, apparently they are still working, so i dont know about that?!
              I think whatever they do, it won't affect people who already have approved asylum, because we don't have any other options, we cannot go to any other country, and we are already authorized to work.

Comment

• Administration puts ‘hold’ on green card requests from US

**** Is this true????

Comment

• Originally posted by Sabinan View Post
                  Congrats !! I’m still waiting applied March 2018
                  Hey Sabina,

I've been reading the thread in my spare team since Page 1 of this chat. How did your application story end? Have you finally got approved?

Let us know!

Guys,

Sabinan has been waiting for her GC since March 2018 at TSC..

Comment

• Originally posted by Fru-Fru View Post
                    Hi, thank you, I think they finally doing 2018 and some of early beginning of 2019, wish you to hear good news soon!
                    Hey Fru-Fru!

I forgot to ask you earlier If you have ever submitted any case inquires through the Congressman, Senator or Ombudsman?

Thank you!

Comment

• Originally posted by Jasmine22 View Post

Hey Fru-Fru!

I forgot to ask you earlier If you have ever submitted any case inquires through the Congressman, Senator or Ombudsman?

Thank you!
                      Hey! I used all three options and non of them turned helpful.

Comment

• Originally posted by lolo858585 View Post

How does one check the Receipts before and after theirs? Are you just increasing and decreasing the last digit in the Receipt numbers? Sorry for my ignorance. Thank you

Comment

• Hello Everyone,

Did you see the processing times have been updated on https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/

GC Based asylum processing time went down from 7 to 31 months to Currently shows6.5 to 22 months which is good

But its not true, I remember lot of people waiting who filed before August 2018 and now its a good time for you guys to raise the request if there are any.
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by luckycharm4111; 06-16-2020, 01:03 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by luckycharm4111 View Post
                            Hello Everyone,

Did you see the processing times have been updated on https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/

GC Based asylum processing time went down from 7 to 31 months to Currently shows6.5 to 22 months which is good

But its not true, I remember lot of people waiting who filed before August 2018 and now its a good time for you guys to raise the request if there are any.
                            I checked the processing times in TSC 6 days ago and the receipt date for a case inquiry was November 23, 2017.

I find funny how in 6 days they just fast forward a whole 9 months lol.

Hopefully it'll stay like that!

Comment

• Why would uscis go ahead to approve my work authorization when I have a pending green card application? why didn't they just approve my green card instead, I mean they called me for my biometrics for the second time as if they needed it for the approval of my green card.

Comment

• Originally posted by ravinmish View Post

How does one check the Receipts before and after theirs? Are you just increasing and decreasing the last digit in the Receipt numbers? Sorry for my ignorance. Thank you
                                yes ,just change the last 3 numbers
                                July 26, 2019 : AOS Package sent to USCIS
                                July 29, 2019 : TEXTS received n credit card charged
                                August 5, 2019 : NOA letter received in the mail

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X