Asylum Based i-485

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ravinmish View Post
    I had filed for my I-485 at TSC in November 2018 and my status has been "Fingerprints fee received" from the last 2 years. Surprisingly I got my Biometrics appointment this week, I am not being too optimistic but at least they finally touched my case. It really is frustrating to wait for Greencard for years, which should have been available within 4 months on normal circumstances. It's a clear robbery of our time for Citizenship application, I have brought this point before as well. It is only fair if we get our lost time counted towards Citizenship filing but hey who Am I to decide
    Congrats that you got some update on your case and I hope you will get your decision soon once you finish your Biometrics.

I have seen here (In February 2020) that within one week of biometrics, one person got the approval and hope same for you.

Comment

• Originally posted by ravinmish View Post
      I had filed for my I-485 at TSC in November 2018 and my status has been "Fingerprints fee received" from the last 2 years. Surprisingly I got my Biometrics appointment this week, I am not being too optimistic but at least they finally touched my case. It really is frustrating to wait for Greencard for years, which should have been available within 4 months on normal circumstances. It's a clear robbery of our time for Citizenship application, I have brought this point before as well. It is only fair if we get our lost time counted towards Citizenship filing but hey who Am I to decide
      Hey did you do your biometrics Back in 2018?

Comment

• when applying for refugee travel document based on the pending i-485 a(5), do I need to pay biometrics fee?

Comment

• 08/21/2020 Texas uscis signed for my case. I have been waiting for the money to be taken from my bank, without any news! How often did you receive the receipt?

Comment

• Originally posted by Bobby69 View Post

Hey did you do your biometrics Back in 2018?
            No, they did not send me a biometrics request, I was under the assumption that they would use my old biometrics from my EADs. Past 2 years my case status has been "Fingerprint Fee Was Received".

Comment

• Originally posted by luckycharm4111 View Post

Congrats that you got some update on your case and I hope you will get your decision soon once you finish your Biometrics.

I have seen here (In February 2020) that within one week of biometrics, one person got the approval and hope same for you.
              I would be over the moon if that's the case but thanks for the info. I will keep you guys posted

Comment

• Originally posted by flando View Post
                I have submitted FOIA request for processing time comparisons between TSC and NSC.

I recommend folks also doing that hopefully there is more pressure on the USCIS once the statistics are published.
                How we can submit FOIA? and please keep us updated once you will get the report.

Comment

• 2 Cases approved on 08/28/2020, looks for one family and been transfer from TSC to Nebraska time line as following
                  SRC YYYY XX8029
                  SRC YYYY XX8032
                  I - 485 - Submitted Middle of July 2019
                  Transferred to Nebraska March 2020
                  Approved 08/28/2020
                  Still insisting TSC not touching any I-485 asylum based and they are transferring a few number of cases to Nebraska for processing.
                  based on what they chose the file to transfer, I don't understand! for example. if they have 10 files they transfer 3 files and keep the rest pending.

Comment

• Is there anyone like me still waiting for there GC application at TSC since 2018?

Comment

• Originally posted by Anwar79 View Post
                      Is there anyone like me still waiting for there GC application at TSC since 2018?
                      I've been waiting since September 2018.

Comment

• Originally posted by Anwar79 View Post
                        Is there anyone like me still waiting for there GC application at TSC since 2018?
                        April 2018. Recently I received RFE, sent it back 2 weeks ago and still waiting.

Comment

• Originally posted by zolandy View Post

April 2018. Recently I received RFE, sent it back 2 weeks ago and still waiting.
                          Was it a medical RFE? I guess your medicals expired in April of this year, since they last two years..

Comment

• Hey Guys!

Can anybody please advise for how long does a derivative asylee with a pending green card application may be absent from the United States to not consider his/her I-485 application abandoned?

Those who have already traveled with the Travel Document, for how long did you guys travel? What questions were you asked at the port of entry? What documents did you provide?

I plan to travel to Europe in the following months for the first time and feeling slightly worried. My application has been pending for 18 months with TSC and it feels like it's endless.

Thank you!

Comment

Thats great so happy for you! Hopefully they will touch my application as i had filed mine in May,2018

Comment

Did you have to do anything to get your file moving? like submitting outside normal processing or even filing a lawsuit?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X