Asylum Based i-485

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Asylee Expert View Post

Permanent Residents who have obtained such status through asylum are not placed in secondary inspection unless there are other issues but generally no. Since becoming a Permanent Resident of the United States, I have travelled to several destinations and returned and was never placed in SECONDARY INSPECTION, it only happened when I was an asylee and that is expected anyways as it is the procedure.
    Thank you so much!

Comment

• Hello everyone, it has been almost a year since I submitted 485, and my fingerprints were only retrieved in March this year. My spouse is a citizen, can I not wait for my 485 and use my spouse's invitation to change status? thank you all!

Comment

• "On March 19, 2021, we received your response to our Request for Evidence for your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, Receipt Number SRC **** **** **. USCIS has begun working on your case again."
        More than 2 months no update yet. Called uscis last week, they said that your service request is registerd and an officer will call you back, (or via email) with details of your case status. A Reference number was given to me regarding my inquary. Time frame 14 days to have responce from uscis. Let's see 6 days gone already

Comment

• hi guys .i got my rtd on april. i went to 3rd country.but i will plan to go other .most of countries needs travel document at least 6 months valid. if i want to optain new rtd .i will have to send current and new one takes almost 8 months. how we can handle this issue? technicly we can use our rtd 6 montsh then we have to wait again. ?? any experiences would be perfect

Comment

• I finally got approved for GC yesterday at Nebraska service center

applied Jun 2020 with the fee waiver
            got approved May 2021 , so 11 months

hope you all get good news soon!
            and thanks for everyone who shared his experience

Comment

• Congratulations!. when did you get your fingerprints taken if you dont mind me asking.

Comment

• al3moudi congratulations ????
                I applied July you give me hope!!
                Last edited by Brigitte; 05-28-2021, 03:02 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by krbrb View Post
                  Congratulations!. when did you get your fingerprints taken if you dont mind me asking.
                  I’ve never done fingerprints for GC neither RTD. They used the old fingerprints when I first got the EAD card.

Comment

• My case is pending since Jan 2019 at Texas Service Center. Have renewed EAD twice already. This is so frustrating have to wait this long while other people are getting way before me and they keep pushing back the processing time. I feel like I will never get GC

Comment

• Originally posted by lordofmovers View Post
                      hi guys .i got my rtd on april. i went to 3rd country.but i will plan to go other .most of countries needs travel document at least 6 months valid. if i want to optain new rtd .i will have to send current and new one takes almost 8 months. how we can handle this issue? technicly we can use our rtd 6 montsh then we have to wait again. ?? any experiences would be perfect
                      Yes, this is very annoying. Unfortunately the only way is that you wait until you get your GC and then apply for a re-entry permit. Some countries only require that the travel document be valid for 90 days after intended departure date.

Comment

• Hello guys, I lost one of my parents a couple of months ago and I need to go back to my country to see my family ... or what's left of my family .... I understand that we can't travel to our countries but do you think in such circumstance, USCIS can make exceptions? is there any way I can get permission from USCIS to travel to my country just for a short time? I don't know if this can make any difference but I got my GC already.

If you know of anyone who has been in the same situation or has gone through the same experience, any advice would be greatly appreciated.
                        Last edited by Joe1203; 05-29-2021, 01:42 AM.

Comment

• I filed for i-485 asylum based in May 2019 with TSC. Asked the congressman office to follow up on my case recently. They got a reply from USCIS that my case is within timeline and they are currently processing cases filed on or before 12 May 2018. Just FYI

Comment

• New Jersey Driver License for asylee:
                            I went yesterday to renew my DL, it seems that they start to educate MVC officers, went very smoothly, onl my current DL, unrestricted SS Card, and I94.
                            the lady told me they will contact Trenton to remove the restriction, and then she finished the paper work and issued me a receipt and said the DL will be sent by mail to my house.
                            they issued a full term DL with validity for 4 years.

Comment

• Originally posted by Joe1203 View Post
                              Hello guys, I lost one of my parents a couple of months ago and I need to go back to my country to see my family ... or what's left of my family .... I understand that we can't travel to our countries but do you think in such circumstance, USCIS can make exceptions? is there any way I can get permission from USCIS to travel to my country just for a short time? I don't know if this can make any difference but I got my GC already.

If you know of anyone who has been in the same situation or has gone through the same experience, any advice would be greatly appreciated.
                              Hey Joe,
                              sorry for your lost, a friend of mine just been through same situation where he lost his mom and he went back to his country, spent two weeks there and came back. The only question he was asked at port of entry that where you and went and why and he told the officer that his mom passed away and he went back for two weeks, officer said that he is sorry for his loss and have a nice day, nothing else. Another friend of man who was also asylee and now have GC went back to visit his family and came back after one month and he was not asked a single question. He traveled on GC and with his country passports so you will be fine. Plus your status changed from asylee to permanent resident once you get your green card. I have seen so many cases where people travelled and came back without any problem. I know some people here will disagree but i am speaking with experience and yes anyone can disagree to my opinion but it is what it is.

Comment

• Originally posted by Joe1203 View Post
                                Hello guys, I lost one of my parents a couple of months ago and I need to go back to my country to see my family ... or what's left of my family .... I understand that we can't travel to our countries but do you think in such circumstance, USCIS can make exceptions? is there any way I can get permission from USCIS to travel to my country just for a short time? I don't know if this can make any difference but I got my GC already.

Sorry for your loss. This is not legal advice.
                                Yes it makes a difference that you have your green card "Legal Permanent Resident". Don't overthink it if your family needs you.
                                The only thing is during your citizenship interview you may be asked why you travelled back to your country but since you have a strong humanitarian reason then this should not cause you any troubles.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X