Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Mumbai consulate scheduling interviews for IR5 (Parent of a U.S. citizen)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi Friends, My Sister and her husband cleared their interview yesterday, January 6. They reported at 7.45 am and were let in after seeing the interview letter at 8 am. Initially the document verification etc. was done and then they went for the interview together. Interview lasted barely five minutes. They were only interested to look at the petitioners birth certificate and the marriage certificate of the beneficiaries. Simple questions like who is sponsoring you and what does he do.
    They had an expired PCC so they were given some 221 form with instructions to upload the latest PCC and once the document is accepted then to drop the passport in the nearest drop box. Passports are likely to be returned in a weeks time by blue dart.
    My and my my wife's DQ date is in March 2021. It is a request to all in this forum to update their experiences after the interview as well as update about the interview call letters beyond the DQ date of July 18, 2020.
    WISIHNG EVERY ONE A SPEEDY ADJUDICATION .

Comment

• Originally posted by 2020IR5

On which date u got visa interview?

Mine DQ date is October 2020, someone else whose DQ date July 18, 2020, got an interview letter for the end of January 2022.
      --------------‐-‐---------------'
      What is exact date for DQ in Oct.2020 ?

Comment

• Congratulations !

Could you please share some details on the interview e.g.
        1) No. of total applicants came on the day , 2) How many IR-5 candidates, 3) No. of younger people (IR-1 etc. ) 4) How many counters were in operation 4) Any more general advices .

Comment

• Originally posted by AlienKanpur
          Hi Friends, My Sister and her husband cleared their interview yesterday, January 6. They reported at 7.45 am and were let in after seeing the interview letter at 8 am. Initially the document verification etc. was done and then they went for the interview together. Interview lasted barely five minutes. They were only interested to look at the petitioners birth certificate and the marriage certificate of the beneficiaries. Simple questions like who is sponsoring you and what does he do.
          They had an expired PCC so they were given some 221 form with instructions to upload the latest PCC and once the document is accepted then to drop the passport in the nearest drop box. Passports are likely to be returned in a weeks time by blue dart.
          My and my my wife's DQ date is in March 2021. It is a request to all in this forum to update their experiences after the interview as well as update about the interview call letters beyond the DQ date of July 18, 2020.
          WISIHNG EVERY ONE A SPEEDY ADJUDICATION .
          -------------------
          What is the date of issue of the PCC which was considered expired . Validity period of PCC is 1 year or 2 years?

Comment

• Originally posted by MOMonomous
            Hi my parents interview was done successfully yesterday.

Interview itself was only about 5min, very general questions like who is sponsoring you, when did that person move to US, what do they do, what about your other kids etc.
            You get a choice before the interview, what language you want the interview to be conducted in.
            Total time in Embassy was about 2 hours. (mainly check in, submitting medical, pcc etc docs at a counter and wait times for actual interview).
            Their tourist visa was cancelled on the spot in their passport.

They stayed at Sofitel hotel which is 15min from airport and 5min walk to embassy.

They will get their passport back in next few days with the immigrant visa.

Since it was a 15 day notice to interview, getting PCC, medical, biometric was hard so I recommend folks that expect interview in the month or so atleast get PCC started off.

Pls let me know if anyone has any questions about the whole interview process.
            ---------------------
            Congratulations! Could you please share the interview experience details e.g. 1) No. of total applicants came on the day , 2) How many IR-5 candidates, 3) No. of younger people (IR-1 etc. ) 4) How many counters were in operation 4) Any more general advices .

Comment

• Originally posted by SG2020 View Post
              Mine DQ is October 22, 2020. What is yours DQ?

Comment

• My parents completed their Medicals today at Rele Clinic, Mumbai. The whole process took a little over 3 hours, of which the last one hour was spent waiting for the X-rays to be reviewed.

Documents they asked for

Original passport and 2 copies

Copt of Interview Letter

Copy of DS260

One photograph

Covid Vaccine Certificate

Signed Declaration form emailed to you by the clinic

Prescriptions of medication. ( they prefer to see the medication though)

Vaccination records

They have their VAC appointment on the 9th and their interview on the 14th all in Mumbai. Anxious because of the current situation in Mumbai.

Comment

• Originally posted by JMS65 View Post
                  My parents completed their Medicals today at Rele Clinic, Mumbai. The whole process took a little over 3 hours, of which the last one hour was spent waiting for the X-rays to be reviewed.

Documents they asked for

Original passport and 2 copies

Copt of Interview Letter

Copy of DS260

One photograph

Covid Vaccine Certificate

Signed Declaration form emailed to you by the clinic

Prescriptions of medication. ( they prefer to see the medication though)

Vaccination records

They have their VAC appointment on the 9th and their interview on the 14th all in Mumbai. Anxious because of the current situation in Mumbai.
                  Thanks for the update and Good luck for the interview. One question: did they ask just the confirmation page of DS-260 or the entire DS-260?

Comment

• after dq date 18th July anybody got interview letters please.

Comment

• Originally posted by 2020IR5 View Post

Thanks for the update and Good luck for the interview. One question: did they ask just the confirmation page of DS-260 or the entire DS-260?
                      Only DS-260 confirmation page.
                      My parents were given only one vaccine.
                      They had their flu shot in December 2021
                      Each of them had to pay Rs.10,400/-

Thank you for your wishes.

Comment

• Originally posted by 2020IR5 View Post
                        Harinder dhindsa Congrats!! can you suggest a hotel, flights like least chance of cancellations from Punjab and taxi service in Mumbai. Please also tell booking sites, if you book by yourself. Thanks
                        2020IR5 My Mom stayed at Trident Bandra Kurla complex.Its walking distance from embassy. Most convenient if you have early morning interview.

Comment

• Originally posted by Heer2020 View Post
                          My parents interview is on Jan 12th - DQ June 2020.

Medical is done and the reports will be sent directly to the consulate except for the cd given and vaccination record that will be emailed.

Mom-dad all set for fingerprints at Delhi and Mumbai as I was not able to find any available dates at one place.

Question - Do I need to fill in and send new I-864 along with latest tax documents for 2021? Also, can someone share their experience on what kind of questions are asked to parents, any additional documents needed except the civil docs and PCC and also if both parents are interviewed at the same time or separately?

Super excited! I hope all goes well. Good luck to all waiting for their parents.
                          Heer2020 I sent the latest 2020 tax transcript and W2 for interview. Most important is Latest PCC if the one you submitted has expired. No need to send the new-I864. The whole in and out process took less than 45 Mins for my mom.

Comment

• Originally posted by 2020IR5
                            Originally posted by SG2020 View Post
                            Mine DQ is October 22, 2020. What is yours DQ?
                            ------------------------
                            Our DQ date is 15th Oct.2020 . Where are you planning your Medical examination and Biometric ? Let us be in touch .

Comment

• Originally posted by jass26
                              Originally posted by Heer2020 View Post
                              My parents interview is on Jan 12th - DQ June 2020.

Medical is done and the reports will be sent directly to the consulate except for the cd given and vaccination record that will be emailed.

Mom-dad all set for fingerprints at Delhi and Mumbai as I was not able to find any available dates at one place.

Question - Do I need to fill in and send new I-864 along with latest tax documents for 2021? Also, can someone share their experience on what kind of questions are asked to parents, any additional documents needed except the civil docs and PCC and also if both parents are interviewed at the same time or separately?

Super excited! I hope all goes well. Good luck to all waiting for their parents.
                              Heer2020 I sent the latest 2020 tax transcript and W2 for interview. Most important is Latest PCC if the one you submitted has expired. No need to send the new-I864. The whole in and out process took less than 45 Mins for my mom.
                              --------------------

What is the validity period of PCC , as wanted by the Mumbai Consulate ? Is it 1 year or 2 years?
                              In some cases , I understand that they have accepted 2 years valid PCC also.

Comment

• Hello ,
                                I have just now registered to this very informative and helpful group.
                                Our DQ is November 2020.
                                Is it necessary to upload latest documents such as
                                PCC
                                RENEWED PASSPORT
                                New TAX returns of Petitioner on CEAC portal?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X