Below is my experience in short
1. Petition filed in Feb 2019
2. Received RFE in April
3. Responded to RFE immediately
4. Petition approved in June.- https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do
5. Visa appointment at Mumbai Consulate on sept 5th (interview exp shared below.)
6. Received 221g-adminstartaive processing after interview.- status changed to administrative processing. https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx?eQs=WwjqOlbeRYzCYubaSQI+RA==
7. Received email to submit passport on 30th Oct from ustraveldocs.
8. Submitted October on 31st in Mumbai
9. Visa Issued and Stamping done on 5th November- Status changed to Issued- https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx?eQs=WwjqOlbeRYzCYubaSQI+RA==
Visa Interview experience
On reaching the counter I wished him good morning. His response was cold (GM).
I passed the passport. He saw 797 on my side of the counter and asked me to pass it too.
I could not hear him clearly 1st time. Stares at me for few seconds and asks me again to pass the 797.
I said sorry I could not hear you clearly and gave him the doc.
Asks me ..Are u ok?
I said ..Yes I am fine.. I am just not able to hear clearly.
Then he said
THIS IS MAX I CAN BE LOUD coming closer to the mic.
1. Where are you working
2. What are you going to do in US?
I would be working on implementing and configuring my company's proprietary tool *** with client’s system.
3. Tell me your company name again. (asked again. I don't know why)
Answered again. He was checking something in the system
4. He again asked me to explain what are you going to do in US.
Said most of the points under duties mentioned in support letter
5. Annual salary
6. How long are you working with your company?
3 years and 9 months to be precise
5. How long are you going to stay in US
Approximately 2 years (as mentioned in ds 160)
6. Why so long?
As I would be serving multiple clients I will require time to analyze and coordinate
with them to understand the complexity of their system and thus the tool can be accordingly integrated.
After this he took almost 1 min looking at his system and gives me Blue slip 221g and pamphlet (both attached in email)
He said your appl needs more admin processing and you will be communicated to submit your passport in few weeks.
I asked him- Is there anything wrong with my application?
He said no- It needs more adm processing.
I said- thank you for your time and left.
In this entire conversation he hardly looked at me and I could barely see his lips moving when he asked me all questions.
He was too low.
I personally feel my organization being a healthcare based and not that big shot MNCs. I received 221g.