Montreal Canada Consular Processing Procedure
It ONLY applies to the DV winneres who choose Montreal US Consulate and:-
(i) do not currently live in the US, or
(ii)are legally living in US and prefer CP to the option of Adjustmnet of Status(AOS).
CP procedure after Winning Notification Letter
1. Complete forms DS122 (principal applcant only) and DS230 I and II [all applicants(i.e. for Principal, spouse if married and for each children, if any]; send back to KCC and patiently wait for your no. to become current.
2. See past 2 years Visa Buletin to estimate when your No. (DV 2007OC00000XXX) becomes current
3. Then at least 8-10 weeks before the month that your No. would become current, do the following:-
- Have the required Immunizations taken, if you do not have the proof. It takes 8 weeks if you have to take them all again.
- Order the Police Certificates from all countries that you lived since aged 16, it may take at least 4-10 weeks if for some Countires.
In Canada the RCMP Name Check costing $18.00 and can be done at any RCMP Office is acceptable for all Visa Applications.
For Australia refer to the Australian Federal Police website for Criminal Records Check. Forms are available for download from their website. It takes about 4-6 weeks.
Contact Police Departments for other Countries for their Criminal Check Procedures
ACCREDITED FINGERPRINTING SERVICE IN VANCOUVER DONE BY http://www.policecheck.com/
- Once your No. becomes current:-
- call or email KCC to know when and which US embassy will your interview take place. In Canada only the Montreal Embassy issues IV and so if you use Canada as CP then it will be held in Montreal.
- schedule an appointment for medical exam, usually takes 2-4 days. In Vancouver, Canada Dr. Ian Morgan provides same day service, arrive at 6.30am and all done by 9.30 am and get your medical reports by 2.00 pm. They have all the necessary forms and are very nice and helpful. Cost = $275 per person including Xray, and blood checks
Following are Vacination and Panel Physicians and their Addresses in Vancouver, Canada:-
Health Canada Approved
VACCINATION CENTRE in Surrey, BC CA
Dr. Rusung Tan
304, 13798 - 96 Avenue
Travel Clinic-Travel Medicine & Vaccination Centre
304-13798 94A Avenue
Surrey, BC V3V 1N1
International Travel Health and Vaccination Clinic
107, 1959 - 152nd Street
South Surrey, BC V4A 9E3
P: (604) 541-2829 F604) 541-2824
Dr. Gerald Kenefick
PANEL DOCTOR IN VANCOUVER
Dr. Ian Morgan
Working Medical Services
Suite 420-1144 Burrad Street
Vancouver BC V6Z 2A5
Fax : 604-662-7729
INTERVIEW BASED ON MONTREAL, CANADA EXPERIENCE
1. Arrived with all prepared documents 2 days before the Interview.
2. Stayed at:-
La Tour Centre Ville Apt Hotel
400 RENE LEVESQUE BLVD WEST Montreal, QC H2Z 1V5
It cost about $100 CAD per day. The rooms have cooking facilities as well Average Accomodation but very convenient location to US Consulate, just accross the Road from US Consulate, takes 2-3 minutes to cross the road.
3. Arrived at Consulate at 8.30am on Monday April 2nd, 2007 and after showing appointment letter and the security check was told to go floor 19.
NOTE: No brief case of bages are allowed so leave them in the Hotel. Arrive around 7.45am to be in front of the line. I was a lttle late and arrived at 8.30am so I got number 11.
4. Took number 11 and waited for my turn.
5. Got called around 11.00 am to Window 9. He was a middle aged Man and was very nice and polite. He reviewed our DS230, DS122 and made some clarifications and then asked for all documents. He sighted them and put them into 2 piles, One Original and one copies. He just took my High School Diploma and returned the rest of the certificates and job letters, saying all he needs is High School Diploma. He also checked for my Finance support letters from Banks and property deeds. He then said everything looks good and it is clear case with no complexities. He asked me to take a seat while they process some papers and then they will call us again.
6. Half an hour later I got called to Window 8 where a different young man as at the counter. He just asked if I had ever been to US before to which I replied "Only while transiting to Fiji via Honululu". He also asked what I intended to do in US and when and where would I move there and I replied, work as an Accountant and Real estate investment as I have been doing here in Canada. I said it will take me 4-5 months to sell 2 of my houses and complete some other business transactions before I can move to Seattle, WA as it is conveniently closer to BC, Canada where I will still have some real estate investments to take care of. He then returned all our originals, took biometrics for both index fingers and said our Visa would be mailed via Canada Xpresspost within a couple of days, commenting that it will only be valid for 6 months and I must immigrate before it expires.
I thanked him and happily left for my hotel.
7. Received my Xpresspots with passport stamped with Visa and sealed enevelope on April 9th, 2007
- I will be validating my papers at the Peace Arch Border Crossing later this week.
US Consulate General Montreal, Canada
Consulate General of the United States of America
1155 Rue Saint-Alexandre, Montreal, QC H3B 3Z1 Canada
Tel: 514-398-9695 Fax: 514-398-0973
Post Office Box 65
Postal Station Desjardins
Montréal QC H5B 1G1
Phone: 1-514-398-9695 Press 6 Ext #3833 (between 2:00 & 4:30 eastern time)
KCC CONTACT INFO
KCC Public Inquiry E-mail: [email protected]
KCC Public Inquiry Phone : 1-606-526-7500
STD EMAIL FORMAT FOR KCC
Subject line should be your Case No. (example: DV2007OC00000XXX)
The Beginning Messgage text
- write your case number
- your name
- date of birth
- postal address
Then the Messgage for Inquiry.............