U.S. naturalization test

As the naturalization test has changed on October 1, 2008, the test you need to take may different depending upon when you filed the application and when you are taking the actual test, make sure to carefully review the information below and choose the test that is applicable to you. Depending upon your circumstances, as described below, you may either need to take the standard or simplified test.

Standard or Simplified Test
If you are 65 years old or older and have been a legal permanent resident of the Untied States for 20 or more years, you may take the simplified test instead of standard test. All others must take the standard test.