X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No update

Originally posted by mekus21 View Post
    Hey any update on your case?
    Only my case status changed to RFE response was received on May 1st 2018. Nothing else. Anything on your case status?

Comment

• RFE Response Received

Originally posted by Pman View Post
      Only my case status changed to RFE response was received on May 1st 2018. Nothing else. Anything on your case status?
      Same here. Mine has been on My Response to USCIS' Request for Evidence was Received since April 27, 2018. It's almost 2 weeks now.

Who knows how many months from when the RFE response was received it would take for them to finally adjudicate on it.

Comment

• I want to post my timeline for I-485 based on Asylum Granted

Dec 15, 2015: Asylum Approved

Jan 20, 2017: Application to register for Permanent resident I-485 sent. TSC

Feb 7, 2017: Application received and a case number was assigned.

Feb 23, 2017: Biometrics done

Mar 20, 2018: Went to local congressmen office, and they did inquire in USCIS about my pending case

Apr 5, 2018: Request of Evidence recive. ( 1. Need explanation about ?military service? what i did back home beeing a student. 2 need new medical exam, because first one was expired after 1 year )

Apr 12, 2018: Request of Evidence send back to USCIS

Apr 18, 2018: TSC receive my RFE

Apr 27, 2018: Case was approved

May 4, 2018: Welcome letter receive in mail box

May 9, 2018: Receive green card in mail box

I guess congresman office help a lot, because before that i did inquire myself, and receive a notice that my case is in the line and i need to wait. So after couple of weeks i went to local congressman office, and i think they really help!
        My case was in Texas Service Center.
        Good luck to everybody!!!

Comment

• Green Card Approval

Originally posted by Winnie-the-Pooh View Post
          I want to post my timeline for I-485 based on Asylum Granted

Dec 15, 2015: Asylum Approved

Jan 20, 2017: Application to register for Permanent resident I-485 sent. TSC

Feb 7, 2017: Application received and a case number was assigned.

Feb 23, 2017: Biometrics done

Mar 20, 2018: Went to local congressmen office, and they did inquire in USCIS about my pending case

Apr 5, 2018: Request of Evidence recive. ( 1. Need explanation about ?military service? what i did back home beeing a student. 2 need new medical exam, because first one was expired after 1 year )

Apr 12, 2018: Request of Evidence send back to USCIS

Apr 18, 2018: TSC receive my RFE

Apr 27, 2018: Case was approved

May 4, 2018: Welcome letter receive in mail box

May 9, 2018: Receive green card in mail box

I guess congresman office help a lot, because before that i did inquire myself, and receive a notice that my case is in the line and i need to wait. So after couple of weeks i went to local congressman office, and i think they really help!
          My case was in Texas Service Center.
          Good luck to everybody!!!
          Wow! Way to go Winnie!

Congratulations!

Still waiting for mine.

Comment

• my timeline
            for I-485 based on Asylum Granted
            May 2016: asylum approval
            May 2017: applied i485
            May, 2017: Application received and routed to Texas service center
            Jun, 2017: Biometrics code 3
            August , 2017: Biometrics code 5
            October , 2017: Biometrics code 5
            April , 2018 congressmen , inquiry
            April , 2018: card bring produce
            April, 2018: Case was approved
            April , 2018: Welcome letter receive in mail box
            May , 2018: Receive green card in mail box
            Thanks for all

Comment

• Originally posted by Talar View Post
              my timeline
              for I-485 based on Asylum Granted
              May 2016: asylum approval
              May 2017: applied i485
              May, 2017: Application received and routed to Texas service center
              Jun, 2017: Biometrics code 3
              August , 2017: Biometrics code 5
              October , 2017: Biometrics code 5
              April , 2018 congressmen , inquiry
              April , 2018: card bring produce
              April, 2018: Case was approved
              April , 2018: Welcome letter receive in mail box
              May , 2018: Receive green card in mail box
              Thanks for all

I applied in June 06 2017. Should I do congressman inquiry?. Don't know what to write on. Also can't open SR, it says your case is still on normal processing time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Clancy View Post
                I applied in June 06 2017. Should I do congressman inquiry?. Don't know what to write on. Also can't open SR, it says your case is still on normal processing time.
                You should go to local congressman to do inquiry before your medical exam be expired.

Comment

• Originally posted by mekus21 View Post
                  Wow! Way to go Winnie!

Congratulations!

Still waiting for mine.
                  Thank you, i hope you will get yours soon too!!!

Comment

• Will be an interview?

I'm waiting for a decision since September/2016 as derivative asylee. The processing time shows that they are processing cases from August/16. So, they will send me the GC by mail or they will request an interview? (derivative asylum).
                    Any advice will be appreciated.

Comment

• i485 Approved

My Case Was Approved

On May 18, 2018, we approved your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, Receipt Number SRC123456789. We will mail your approval notice. Please follow the instructions in the notice. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

woohoo!

I am so excited.

Comment

• Congratulations

Originally posted by mekus21 View Post
                        My Case Was Approved

On May 18, 2018, we approved your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, Receipt Number SRC123456789. We will mail your approval notice. Please follow the instructions in the notice. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

woohoo!

I am so excited.

Mekus21,

Wow congratulations!! Yay! Really happy for you!
                        Mine is still the same. My case status is yet to be changed. Please pray for me too.

Thank you!

Comment

My Case Was Approved

woohoo!

I am so excited.
                          Congratulations 🎉

Comment

My Case Was Approved

woohoo!

I am so excited.
                            Congratulations
                            And pray for pman

Comment

• I485 Delay

Originally posted by Buchavka21
                              Hi guys,
                              I went to the office of Congresswoman Norton in DC on May, 1st and the leison constituency lady took my application for the inquiry. She said it would take up to 4-6 weeks to get a response and that the USCIS is having a huge backlog in Texas. So far I haven't heard from her. My medicals will expire in the end of July and I really hope to get my GC approved before that time. I submitted my case on Agust 15, 2017 based on Asylum. Let's pray for my case too guys to be approved asap. I'll update you once I get a response from the Congresswoman representative. Thanks, Buchavka21
                              You should definitely get a status update on your case before August 15, 2018 this year. Hopefully you will not have to redo your medicals.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Talar View Post
                              Congratulations
                              And pray for pman
                              Originally posted by Winnie-the-Pooh View Post
                              Congratulations 🎉

Thanks guys.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Pman View Post
                              Mekus21,

Wow congratulations!! Yay! Really happy for you!
                              Mine is still the same. My case status is yet to be changed. Please pray for me too.

Thank you!
                              Thanks. Here's a tip from what I did: on Wednesday May 16, 2018 I gave USCIS a call and asked to be directed to a level-2 officer and got one on the phone. I told him I sent my RFE response since last month and it was received by USCIS on April 27 2018 and that I had not heard back since then so I just wanted to know if everything was ok with my case, he puts me on hold for about 3 to 5 minutes to contact the TSC (and the officer directly handling my case) and he gets back to me that everything was ok with my file and that the officer will decide on it very soon. Less than 48 hours later my case was approved. I do think that the call placed by the level 2 officer to the Texas Service Center sort of helped.

Woohoo! I'm so glad this phase is over! Counting down to N400 (Naturalization) =D =D

Goodluck with yours.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Edyfrances View Post
                              I'm waiting for a decision since September/2016 as derivative asylee. The processing time shows that they are processing cases from August/16. So, they will send me the GC by mail or they will request an interview? (derivative asylum).
                              Any advice will be appreciated.
                              You definitely need to go meet with your congressman, if you haven't done so already. The wait is terrible. If you have already done so and still no movement, then you might want to consider a mandamus writ (a court order that forces USCIS to decide on your case).

Comment

You should definitely get a status update on your case before August 15, 2018 this year. Hopefully you will not have to redo your medicals.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks guys.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks. Here's a tip from what I did: on Wednesday May 16, 2018 I gave USCIS a call and asked to be directed to a level-2 officer and got one on the phone. I told him I sent my RFE response since last month and it was received by USCIS on April 27 2018 and that I had not heard back since then so I just wanted to know if everything was ok with my case, he puts me on hold for about 3 to 5 minutes to contact the TSC (and the officer directly handling my case) and he gets back to me that everything was ok with my file and that the officer will decide on it very soon. Less than 48 hours later my case was approved. I do think that the call placed by the level 2 officer to the Texas Service Center sort of helped.

Woohoo! I'm so glad this phase is over! Counting down to N400 (Naturalization) =D =D

Goodluck with yours.

- - - Updated - - -

You definitely need to go meet with your congressman, if you haven't done so already. The wait is terrible. If you have already done so and still no movement, then you might want to consider a mandamus writ (a court order that forces USCIS to decide on your case).
                                Since the processing times as today is showing September 02, 2016, I will wait until it gets to September 20. If I don't get any news until September 20, I will contact the congressman. Yes, to be waiting is terrible. I hope to get the GC over the mail. Do you think that will be an interview before the decision?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X