• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by luckycharm4111 View Post
    YAYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!

DACA is legal by Supreme Court
    Sigh.

Quite honestly, to the opposite, supreme court would have been forced to rule DACA is illegal because of its ruling on its recession.

The reason is, the court ruled the Trump administration unlawfully terminated the DACA program, partly because they failed to properly consider the legitimate reliance of DACA applicants. However, the DACA itself fails to consider the legitimate reliance of the workforce protections afforded by the nation's immigration laws and regulations to the American workers. Nor does it properly consider the legitimate reliance of states' spending on providing benefits to undocumented DACA recipients.

Comment

• Originally posted by lolo858585 View Post

I wonder were ur country one of the ones in the travel ban? ALSO DID U WAIT too long for ur asylum or ws it quick?
      Yes I’m a citizen of one of the travel ban countries. It took me ~ 4 years to get my asylum approved.

Comment

• So we are in for some bad days and very long delays especially for the refugee/asylum GC applicants.

Last edited by ceci1073; 06-26-2020, 10:09 AM. Reason: Link

Comment

• Hello. I’ve applied for greencard through asylum in dec 2018 and last i did fingerprint on feb 2020.I want to know, what type of evidence do they ask to submit? I just got an email but waiting for the “Request for evidence letter“.
          Last edited by Shuvo; 06-25-2020, 12:16 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by zolandy View Post
            Yes I’m a citizen of one of the travel ban countries. It took me ~ 4 years to get my asylum approved.
            I applied in Dec 2013, had interview in Dec 2017 and got approval in Feb 2019. Also from travel ban country.

Comment

• Originally posted by lolo858585 View Post

I wonder were ur country one of the ones in the travel ban? ALSO DID U WAIT too long for ur asylum or ws it quick?
              I do not think that a person from a country listed in travel ban can be affected. I belong to one of these countries and my I485 still pending in Texas, while all of people who came from my country and applied in Nebraska get approved from 5-7 months.

Comment

• Originally posted by Asyleeasylee View Post

I do not think that a person from a country listed in travel ban can be affected. I belong to one of these countries and my I485 still pending in Texas, while all of people who came from my country and applied in Nebraska get approved from 5-7 months.
                Thats sad , apparently its because of the Texas center being slow. Not fair, years are wasted.
                July 26, 2019 : AOS Package sent to USCIS
                July 29, 2019 : TEXTS received n credit card charged
                August 5, 2019 : NOA letter received in the mail

Comment

• Originally posted by Shuvo View Post
                  Hello. I’ve applied for greencard through asylum in dec 2018 and last i did fingerprint on feb 2020.I want to know, what type of evidence do they ask to submit? I just got an email but waiting for the “Request for evidence letter“.
                  That's a good new, Your case is moving forward.

If you don't mind, please share the timelines and service center you applied?

Comment

That's a good new, Your case is moving forward.

If you don't mind, please share the timelines and service center you applied?

My timeline is:

April 11 2017 - Asylum approved
                    December 30 2018 - i485 packaged received by Texas S C
                    February 2019 - old fingerprint taken
                    February 05 2020- fingerprint notice
                    Feb 26 , 2020 - Fingerprint taken
                    june 24 2020- Request for additional evidence was sent

Im glad its moving but im worried, what document is missing. Waiting for the letter to see in a day or two.

Comment

My timeline is:

Im glad its moving but im worried, what document is missing. Waiting for the letter to see in a day or two.

Don't worry, everything will be fine.

Mostly RFE, they need either Birth Certificate or I-693 Medical.

Keep us posted with updates.

Comment

Don't worry, everything will be fine.

Mostly RFE, they need either Birth Certificate or I-693 Medical.

Keep us posted with updates.
                        I gave them birth certificate and medical. the only thing i didnt submit is the proof of one year presence. i dont know if thats needed.
                        I will post updates. PRAY !!

Comment

I gave them birth certificate and medical. the only thing I didn't submit is the proof of one year presence. I don't know if that is needed.
                          I will post updates. PRAY !!
                          I have seen lot of RFEs either for Birth Certificate or Medical but never heard of Proof of one year residence.

In general, they don't need the proof of one year residence because they already have our entry and exit to the country irrespective of how many states you moved.

I hope for the best!

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	2288FFFB-B514-4CB1-9449-BD4AF992ABBA.jpeg
Views:	616
Size:	86.8 KB
ID:	736143Click image for larger version

Name:	2288FFFB-B514-4CB1-9449-BD4AF992ABBA.jpeg
Views:	612
Size:	86.8 KB
ID:	736142Texas Only 961 case was completed from January to April.

Comment

• If Texas keep doing like this it is gonna take 37 quarters
                              to finish 37000 cases. 148 months that mean 12.33 years

Comment

My timeline is:

good for you. I have the same timeline with you, i also did second fingerprint on February 26th 2020. Still waiting for RFE (most likely medical) keep us updated m

Comment

Working...
                                X