Clear All

• Originally posted by devraj420 View Post
    I dont know the trick everymonth i sumbit the service requests
    You are very lucky!

I hope you get your decision soon (Green Card) and we all will be happy

Comment

• Originally posted by devraj420 View Post
      I dont know the trick everymonth i sumbit the service requests
      I've done this before, but it really wasn't very helpful. "The trick" I made was filling the inquiry as refugee instead asylee, since refugee cases are quicker the receipt date went further. Even though my case isn't in NSC, they transfered my inquiry to another office.I got the same letter saying it took them additional time to review my case. The only difference was they also told me that they couldn't give me and expected date to get any decision. I did the same a couple months after that, but I didn't get any letter that time.

Honestly, I wouldn't recommend you to do this since I really don't know if it's gonna affect my case. I don't think so, but I rather telling you guys not do it.

Comment

• Thank you i am also confused about the response i think its just a time buying strategy just to stop making another service requests for 2months i saw lots of people didnt get any response after 60 days also .

Comment

• I have filed to NSC in April and today I saw my case along with many cases near my case were all changed status to Finger Print Taken. I did not do finger print but I guess they used older finger prints from last year and applied it to my case. I also received this email.

Your Case Status: Initial Review

As of July 17, 2020, fingerprints relating to your Form I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR ADJUST STATUS, Receipt Number LIN YYYY ZZZ, have been applied to your case. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

During this step, USCIS initiates the background checks of the applicant/petitioner and identifies issues that may need to be addressed either during an interview or by asking the applicant/petitioner to submit additional information or documentation. USCIS reviews the applicant's/petitioner's criminal history, determines if there are national security concerns that need to be addressed, and reviews the application/petition for fraud indicators. If you have filed an I-485, I-589, I-751, N-400, I-90, I-821, I-131 or I-765, you can expect to receive an appointment notice to appear at an Application Support Center to have your fingerprints and/or photographs taken. The timing of your appointment is determined by the number of applicants ahead of you that also need a biometric appointment. We try to schedule biometric appointments as quickly as possible and in most cases you will receive your appointment notice within 30 days of submitting your application. We will send your appointment notice approximately 14 days ahead of your scheduled appointment. It is important that you keep this appointment. If absolutely necessary, you can request that your appointment be rescheduled however, please be aware that rescheduling may delay the processing of your application. Please follow the instructions on your appointment notice if you need to reschedule. Occasionally, you may receive an appointment notice to appear at an Application Support Center to have your fingerprints taken when you have filed a form other than those listed above. In these situations, you may receive your appointment notice more than 30 days after submitting your application or petition.

Comment

• Originally posted by gtaid1 View Post
            I have filed to NSC in April and today I saw my case along with many cases near my case were all changed status to Finger Print Taken. I did not do finger print but I guess they used older finger prints from last year and applied it to my case. I also received this email.

Your Case Status: Initial Review

As of July 17, 2020, fingerprints relating to your Form I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR ADJUST STATUS, Receipt Number LIN YYYY ZZZ, have been applied to your case. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

During this step, USCIS initiates the background checks of the applicant/petitioner and identifies issues that may need to be addressed either during an interview or by asking the applicant/petitioner to submit additional information or documentation. USCIS reviews the applicant's/petitioner's criminal history, determines if there are national security concerns that need to be addressed, and reviews the application/petition for fraud indicators. If you have filed an I-485, I-589, I-751, N-400, I-90, I-821, I-131 or I-765, you can expect to receive an appointment notice to appear at an Application Support Center to have your fingerprints and/or photographs taken. The timing of your appointment is determined by the number of applicants ahead of you that also need a biometric appointment. We try to schedule biometric appointments as quickly as possible and in most cases you will receive your appointment notice within 30 days of submitting your application. We will send your appointment notice approximately 14 days ahead of your scheduled appointment. It is important that you keep this appointment. If absolutely necessary, you can request that your appointment be rescheduled however, please be aware that rescheduling may delay the processing of your application. Please follow the instructions on your appointment notice if you need to reschedule. Occasionally, you may receive an appointment notice to appear at an Application Support Center to have your fingerprints taken when you have filed a form other than those listed above. In these situations, you may receive your appointment notice more than 30 days after submitting your application or petition.
            Lucky you! that your jurisdiction come under Nebraska Service Center (NSC) which is faster and adjudicate cases before the processing time.

That's a really good sign, your case has been updated.

I guess you should be receiving the decision before this year ends.

I am struck at TSC and been waiting for years but I am glad your case is moving.

I hope you get your decision soon so that we all can have something to celebrate!!!!!!

Comment

• Hey Guys!

Did you see USCIS increased the waiting times again to 23.5 months for asylum based green cards, and that they rolled back the receipt date for a case inquiry from September 2018 to August 2018?

I have a friend who was close to FINALLY place an inquiry for outside processing times after 2 years of waiting, and now she can't

What a CIRCUS!
              Last edited by Jasmine22; 07-21-2020, 01:55 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jasmine22 View Post
                Hey Guys!

Did you see USCIS increased the waiting times again to 23.5 months for asylum based green cards, and that they rolled back the receipt date for a case inquiry from September 2018 to August 2018?

I have a friend who was close to FINALLY place an inquiry for outside processing times after 2 years of waiting, and now she can't

What a CIRCUS!
                What can I say..... this is ridiculous. I don’t know... with everything what’s going on I won’t be surprised if waiting time rise again in August. We have to wait for green card million years and than we have to wait 4 more years to get citizenship. At least they could credit that waiting time for us. I am getting annoyed with everything that is happening.
                Last edited by Trinity01; 07-21-2020, 04:03 PM.

Comment

• This is bullshit

Comment

• I don’t think that the case processing time is accurate at all. I know that there is a backlogged in all offices.
                    I applied for renewing my A(5) EAD in March this year (I do not need it - only DMV wants it to renew my DL which is another case). and the card was approved after 3 months exactly.
                    I knew people applied for citizenship and get approved in 9 months while others waiting for more than 18 months.

Comment

• USCIS Lied About Budget Crisis?! Furlough of Employees Not Necessary! Senators Ask to Postpone
                      USCIS originally indicated a $571 Million deficit for FY 2020 and requested a $1.2 Billion bailout from Congress. Due to USCIS' financial crisis, they have issued furlough notices to 13,000 USCIS employees to begin August 3. Two Senators wrote a letter to the Department of Homeland Security and USCIS stating that, in fact, USCIS currently projects to end the fiscal year with a surplus and sufficient balance to pay its employees for the remainder of the fiscal year. Despite this, USCIS is proceeding with the furlough of its employees. With a projected USCIS surplus, lawmakers ask DHS leaders to postpone furloughs

Comment

• Originally posted by Asyleeasylee View Post
                        I don’t think that the case processing time is accurate at all. I know that there is a backlogged in all offices.
                        I applied for renewing my A(5) EAD in March this year (I do not need it - only DMV wants it to renew my DL which is another case). and the card was approved after 3 months exactly.
                        I knew people applied for citizenship and get approved in 9 months while others waiting for more than 18 months.
                        Which state are you in? I'm in California but I don't know if I will need to get EAD for DMV or not.

Most likely by the time I need to renew my driving license I wouldn't have my GC yet.

Comment

Which state are you in? I'm in California but I don't know if I will need to get EAD for DMV or not.

Most likely by the time I need to renew my driving license I wouldn't have my GC yet.
                          New Jersey, they don’t recognise asylee status, they need only EAD and they issue DL based on EAD.
                          i don’t like NJ at all, I hope I will get a job in another state just to leave it forever.

Comment

• Green card backlog due to budget issues at immigration agency

(CNN) An ongoing backlog in the federal government's production of green cards and other documents was prompted by budget issues and a hiring freeze at the agency that handles legal immigration benefits, according to an alert Wednesday from the agency's ombudsman.

In June, US Citizenship and Immigration Services reduced its capacity to print secure documents, such as green cards and employment authorization documents, when it ended a contract with an outside company, the alert said.

The agency had planned to hire federal employees to fill the roles, but a budget shortfall resulted in a hiring freeze and slowed printing of the cards, according to the alert.

"Currently, there is limited production" at the facilities that produce the cards, a USCIS spokesperson told CNN in a statement Wednesday, adding that the agency is currently producing around 10,000 cards per day.The Washington Post https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/22/polit...ion/index.htmlfirst reported that the administration had scaled back printing of these documents without telling Congress.
                            The current production backlog is roughly 115,000 green cards and employment authorization documents, according to the spokesperson, with the oldest pending card order in the queue from July 6.

The agency is bracing to furlough more than half its staff next month -- a move that could grind the US immigration system to a halt. USCIS, a fee-funded agency, says it's in the hole after having to close offices and pause services during the pandemic.

The agency has asked Congress for $1.2 billion."Should there be a furlough of USCIS employees on August 3, 2020, card production backlogs will likely increase," the ombudsman alert said.

In the meantime, legal permanent residents awaiting cards may obtain proof of their status by requesting stamps of temporary evidence in valid passports, according to the USCIS ombudsman.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/22/polit...ion/index.html

Comment

When will you qualify for 1 year of residency? I live in California too and I will file for I-485 this September. Hopefully USCIS will be back by then to process the applications.

Comment

• Originally posted by asylumvn View Post

When will you qualify for 1 year of residency? I live in California too and I will file for I-485 this September. Hopefully USCIS will be back by then to process the applications.
                                My I485 already in process, I submitted my GC application in September 2019 and still pending (Texas Service Center).

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X