No announcement yet.

Asylum Based i-485

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have you guys submitted your medical exam with your GC Application?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sahil728 View Post

Yea.
      i wish my case was in Nebraska. My friend applied it in Oct 2019 and he had his GC in hand in Feb 2020
      They assign Service center based on your location. Online time on USCIS website shows equal delays at TSC and NSC. I am not sure how USCIS calculate those times.

Comment

• Originally posted by Prince Ali View Post
        Hi.
        Do you guys have submitted your medical exam papers with G.C application? My lawyer said medical exam will expire so its useless to submit, later i came to know that its validity is 2 years. Now I am regretting. RFE will take more time.
        I am wondering if i can send it now?
        I included my birth certificate and my medical exams. I figured that if I'm lucky to get it before the 2 year expiration it will be great so I don't waste time with RFE; and if I'm not lucky and I need to repeat them, well, nothing I can do to change that.

Comment

• Originally posted by mmbt View Post

I included my birth certificate and my medical exams. I figured that if I'm lucky to get it before the 2 year expiration it will be great so I don't waste time with RFE; and if I'm not lucky and I need to repeat them, well, nothing I can do to change that.
          I thought the same but then realized i had to do some vaccination, i did the first shot of hepatitis ,got sick, fever, rash ,flu like ,then stopped and didnt continue. So had to send without it. Also vaccines are expensive , I am still a student, once I can afford them and the titters I will do them.
          July 26, 2019 : AOS Package sent to USCIS
          July 29, 2019 : TEXTS received n credit card charged
          August 5, 2019 : NOA letter received in the mail

Comment

• Originally posted by mmbt View Post

I thought the same and did the same! Didn't want to waste time for RFE... but hopefully we have case approved in less than 2 yrs

Comment

• Originally posted by Asyleeasylee View Post

How I am misleading people !? It happened with me because the MVC did not recognise the I94, they are insisting to have a valid EAD and my EAD was expired which I had to renew it...
              the Asylum office gave me a letter to MVC stating that I94 is a valid document and did not recognise it...
              I am not telling jokes here.
              dont say misleading and not here in this forum to waste time saying B.S*it.
              I’m in NJ too. MVC folks are unbelievable.
              But per their 6 point ID document, Asylee I94 is a valid 4 points document.
              Did you bring their flyer and what they say?

Comment

• Hey guys! Have any of you submitted an inquiry about a case outside normal processing time while you are still waiting for I-485 as Derivative Asylee and you came to US per I-730?
                I am asking you because I have done three times by now, and only the first time I got a letter stating they couldn't tell me an estimated date to get any response to my case. The last two times, I just received an email from the Asylum office my jurisdiction, referring to my I-589 as I still have pending an Asylum Application. Is that normal? My lawyer said that's ok, but I think it's more complicated than that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zidane View Post
                  Hey guys! Have any of you submitted an inquiry about a case outside normal processing time while you are still waiting for I-485 as Derivative Asylee and you came to US per I-730?
                  I am asking you because I have done three times by now, and only the first time I got a letter stating they couldn't tell me an estimated date to get any response to my case. The last two times, I just received an email from the Asylum office my jurisdiction, referring to my I-589 as I still have pending an Asylum Application. Is that normal? My lawyer said that's ok, but I think it's more complicated than that.
                  Give a call to the Asylum Office, or schedule an appointment directly with them to make sure your case was passed to USCIS as approved. I don't think that's a very standard situation, but sure It is manageable if you keep reaching out. It is your right!

Comment

• So they sent me a letter that my application is under additional review, and the next step they are gonna do is process it. I don’t trust, they lie all the time. I applied in March 2018. It was transferred Nebraska to Texas in July 2018

Comment

• Originally posted by flando View Post

I’m in NJ too. MVC folks are unbelievable.
                      But per their 6 point ID document, Asylee I94 is a valid 4 points document.
                      Did you bring their flyer and what they say?
                      Yes I did , they did not recognise it and were insisting to have a valid EAD. I went to the asylum office and explain the situation, they gave me a letter explaining that I94 does not expire, but MVC said they don’t accept letter.
                      i still have 2 months in my DL, I will wait till next month and go again, if they did not recognise it again I will simply report the issue to the DOJ which a friend of mine did the same in Virginia and got a full term DL

Comment

• Originally posted by luckycharm4111 View Post

I applied for RTD in February ending and its been almost 5 months.

The last update was Fingerprint were taken on May 10.

No updates yet ......

I am expecting to hear something by next month hoping congress funds USCIS from being furloughed.

Today I got an update on our I-131(Travel document) has been approved for me and my husband's.

After 3 hours I got an update saying Refugee Travel Document Was Produced

I am glad there is some good news to celebrate in this tough times and wonderful thing is that USCIS are working!!!!

Last edited by luckycharm4111; 07-29-2020, 02:34 PM.

Comment

• 8/14/2020 is the time for me to submit i485, can I send the materials in advance now?

Comment

• Originally posted by Roma Zmlv View Post
                            So they sent me a letter that my application is under additional review, and the next step they are gonna do is process it. I don’t trust, they lie all the time. I applied in March 2018. It was transferred Nebraska to Texas in July 2018
                            Roma,

Did they share any time frames? Like "60 days" for instance?

You've been waiting for almost 30 months.. you are really DUE!
                            Last edited by Jasmine22; 07-29-2020, 06:05 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by guangming View Post
                              8/14/2020 is the time for me to submit i485, can I send the materials in advance now?
                              I would never ever recommend doing this as we all know of cases when people are waiting for years for their application to be adjudicated to receive an update later that their application was denied because the application was received a couple of days before the 1 year commences after asylum approval.

Be patient and better send it after the 1year date.

Comment

• Originally posted by luckycharm4111 View Post

Today I got an update on our I-131(Travel document) has been approved for me and my husband's.

After 3 hours I got an update saying Refugee Travel Document Was Produced

I am glad there is some good news to celebrate in this tough times and wonderful thing is that USCIS are working!!!!

Congrats! TSC is teaching us to be grateful for such standard things as having a Travel Document! How nice is that

P.S: almost 18 months since waiting for my GC..

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X