No announcement yet.

Asylum Based i-485

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I filed I-485 based on asylum for me and other family member. Both are independent
    july 2018 case filed for both
    oct 2018 transferred to TSC for both
    Other family member received request for additional evidence on july 27,2020. Haven’t received the letter yet.
    However, I am still waiting.
    anyone else had any recent update from TSC.
    Last edited by Bobby69; 07-29-2020, 09:09 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jasmine22 View Post

Congrats! TSC is teaching us to be grateful for such standard things as having a Travel Document! How nice is that

P.S: almost 18 months since waiting for my GC..
      TSC does not do Travel Document. They will transfer to Nebraska

Comment

• Originally posted by Hatori1980 View Post

TSC does not do Travel Document. They will transfer to Nebraska
        Thats not true. I got my RTD from TSC

Comment

• Originally posted by Jasmine22 View Post

I would never ever recommend doing this as we all know of cases when people are waiting for years for their application to be adjudicated to receive an update later that their application was denied because the application was received a couple of days before the 1 year commences after asylum approval.

Be patient and better send it after the 1year date.
          thank you so much!

Comment

• Originally posted by luckycharm4111 View Post

Today I got an update on our I-131(Travel document) has been approved for me and my husband's.

After 3 hours I got an update saying Refugee Travel Document Was Produced

I am glad there is some good news to celebrate in this tough times and wonderful thing is that USCIS are working!!!!

Me too, same timeline as yours. I received my Travel Document, it expires in July 2021.. Yaaaay...Hopefully they can issue us GC NOW!!! March 2019 applicant...still waiting.....

Comment

• Originally posted by harmony15 View Post

Me too, same timeline as yours. I received my Travel Document, it expires in July 2021.. Yaaaay...Hopefully they can issue us GC NOW!!! March 2019 applicant...still waiting.....
              Any update on your application? Like any biometric appointment or noa? Which countries are you come from?

Comment

• Originally posted by asylumvn View Post

Any update on your application? Like any biometric appointment or noa? Which countries are you come from?
                I have a semi similar timeline. Applied for adjustment of status early May, got NOA mid July that biometrics had been applied to my case. Now just gotta wait. I’m a derivative. Both principal and I are from Mexico.

Comment

• When applying for i485, can the speed of 485 be accelerated if i131 is not applied? Thanks for your answers.

Comment

• Originally posted by guangming View Post
                    When applying for i485, can the speed of 485 be accelerated if i131 is not applied? Thanks for your answers.
                    I don’t think so. If that was possible, I would have never applied for one. Nobody wants to wait for their GC for years..

it’s been almost 18 months now, and I have no news. It feels like it will never end..

Comment

• Just to give an update on my case, today I received a USCIS notification regarding RFE (most likely medical) related to my case. This happened after I requested help from my representative, almost 20 days ago, and they personally contacted USCIS on my behalf.

I will keep you posted.
                      Originally posted by zolandy View Post

Thank you for your advice, I just submitted two requests, hopefully will hear something soon.

My timeline is:

March 20th, 2017 - Asylum approved
                      April 25th, 2018 - i485 package received by TCS
                      April 28th, 2018 - TCS will use my less than one year old Fingerprint they already have
                      Feb 27th, 2020 - Fingerprint taken

Awaiting approval

Comment

• Originally posted by zolandy View Post
                        Just to give an update on my case, today I received a USCIS notification regarding RFE (most likely medical) related to my case. This happened after I requested help from my representative, almost 20 days ago, and they personally contacted USCIS on my behalf.

I will keep you posted.

Oh thats nice. I filed on February 2019 still waiting for rfe

Comment

Just to give an update on my case, today I received a USCIS notification regarding RFE (most likely medical) related to my case. This happened after I requested help from my representative, almost 20 days ago, and they personally contacted USCIS on my behalf.

I will keep you posted.

Which representative did u contact?

Comment

I will keep you posted.

Wow I'm glad you got some traction on your case! I can't believe you have been waiting since April of 2018, that's 2 years and 3 months! I wish good luck, hopefully your representative was able to help you

Comment

• Originally posted by mmbt View Post

Wow I'm glad you got some traction on your case! I can't believe you have been waiting since April of 2018, that's 2 years and 3 months! I wish good luck, hopefully your representative was able to help you
                              Exactly! 27 months... just to get an RFE..slow - the least to say
                              Last edited by Jasmine22; 08-03-2020, 07:30 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bobby69 View Post

Which representative did u contact?
                                my district’s congressional representative

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X