Asylum Based i-485

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by luckycharm4111 View Post

That's bad. Did you do any inquiry on USCIS website or talk to customer service about your case status?
    I did, they gave me the same info as I can access on their website when checking case status.

I'm waiting for my green card for about 14 month, submitted claim to the ombudsman office with no luck, they never got back to me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fru-Fru View Post
      Hi guys! Just checked progress of TSC and NSC and guess what? Right, they rolled back to November 2017! What a nice present for Christmas!
      My i485 status was still in “fingerprints was revised”.I was waiting 8 months.

Comment

• Originally posted by gunmeikaz View Post

I did, they gave me the same info as I can access on their website when checking case status.

I'm waiting for my green card for about 14 month, submitted claim to the ombudsman office with no luck, they never got back to me.
        I feel like its the time for you to reach to your local senator. Below is the link to find your local senator
        https://www.house.gov/representative...representative

Once you are on their website, try to contact them either by phone or email or and submit the Immigration Assistance Form online if available.

Sometimes, the cases will be resolved with this request.

Comment

I feel like its the time for you to reach to your local senator. Below is the link to find your local senator
          https://www.house.gov/representative...representative

Once you are on their website, try to contact them either by phone or email or and submit the Immigration Assistance Form online if available.

Sometimes, the cases will be resolved with this request.
          Thanks, will try and keep you posted.

Comment

That's bad. Did you do any inquiry on USCIS website or talk to customer service about your case status?
            Yes I did and got just a formal response “Your application or petition is currently within the posted processing times. An inquiry may not be created at this time. Further information about recent processing times can be viewed on the uscis.gov webpage.” I think that there is no point to ask ombudsmen for case assistance till 26 month expires. And yes, it’s bad and sad.

Comment

• Originally posted by Karin19 View Post

My i485 status was still in “fingerprints was revised”.I was waiting 8 months.
              Hi, I think that if the petitioner didn’t get GC in 5-8 month then it means that the case went to backlog, (would be very happy to be wrong)

Comment

• Originally posted by Fru-Fru View Post

Hi, I think that if the petitioner didn’t get GC in 5-8 month then it means that the case went to backlog, (would be very happy to be wrong)
                Thank you for your answer.

Comment

• Happy New Year 2020 Everyone! If you have an case pending with the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services in the Department of Homeland Security. Once your application has been pending for more than a year. There are a few things you can do.

1. You can obtain the services of an licensed attorney at law and file a mandamus against USCIS, in others words to sue the U.S. government to make an immediate decision. on your pending case

2. You can contact the Senator in your state and request that they look into the matter for you. (That was the action, I took after my case was pending for 18 months).

3. You can also just wait and take no action on your case and wait for USCIS to get to your case.

Finally, If you are an asylee or the recipient of Permanent Residence as a result of asylum, to travel internationally, It is recommended that you must use the U.S. Refugee Travel Document (Form I-571). It is more so important that any other time in history to follow the immigration laws of the United States.

I wish everyone good success this year!

Comment

• [QUOTE=Asylee Expert;n719869]
                    Finally, If you are an asylee or the recipient of Permanent Residence as a result of asylum, to travel internationally, It is recommended that you must use the U.S. Refugee Travel Document (Form I-571). It is more so important that any other time in history to follow the immigration laws of the United States.
                    /QUOTE]

You mean form i-131 right?

Comment

• [QUOTE=blahvah;n719877]
                      Originally posted by Asylee Expert View Post
                      /QUOTE]

You mean form i-131 right?
                      The Form I-131 is the form used to apply for your U.S. Refugee Travel Document (Form I-571), It can be found on USCIS.gov. If you are applying only fill out the section for the U.S. Refugee Travel Document.

Comment

• Originally posted by mekus21 View Post
                        Heads up:

For those with pending or long-pending I485 applications (especially at TSC) whose travel documents are about to expire or have expired, you could renew your travel document for FREE while the I485 is still pending. All you need to do is file for the renewal and attach a copy of your I797 (pending i485 application) to your package as proof of payment.

Goodluck!
                        Do you know if I also can apply for EAD while my i485is pending for free?
                        It has been a year now that my i485 is pending. My EAD will expire in April and my travel document will expire in May. Do you think that if apply for both and send my I797 with that they send me both? I need to have an EAD since I will start a new job in July, I do not want to pay $500 again for a new EAD

Comment

• Originally posted by hooshi1 View Post

It has been a year now that my i485 is pending. My EAD will expire in April and my travel document will expire in May. Do you think that if apply for both and send my I797 with that they send me both? I need to have an EAD since I will start a new job in July, I do not want to pay $500 again for a new EAD
                          The question has been already answered and you also answered the question yourself. Yes, you can apply for an EAD while your permanent residence application is pending. If you are an asylee, you do not require an EAD. Your grant of asylum documentation is enough to fulfill the I-9 Form requirements. If your case has been pending over a year. You will need to reach out to your senator to look into the matter for you.

Comment

• Originally posted by hooshi1 View Post

You can definitely apply for EAD for free with pending i485 based on asylum. I did it last year, to the form I also attached my explanation letter (not sure if it's required).
                            At the end in the letter from USCIS amount due was $0.
                            And also it took me 5 months of waiting.

Comment

• Hi guys, quick update. I submitted request to the ombudsman office, and after about a month, here is the reply:
                              "...
                              We have reviewed your request for case assistance.
                              While we understand your concerns, our review indicates that your case is within normal processing times as posted on the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) website at https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/. Because your case is currently within normal processing times, our office will be closing this matter. USCIS is now processing applications that er revei
                              ..."
                              So basically there is no new information.

Also I submitted e-request to USCIS, and received the similar reply, stating that case is within a normal processing time.

And last one is request to my local senator/congressman, not sure how to call. I sent a mail about 2 months ago (as well as online) and still no reply.

So my status right now is 16 month passed and status of my i-485 case is "Fingerprints relating to your Form I-485 have been applied to your case" Texas office.

Comment

• Hi group thanks for posting all your experiences. Been a silent reader for a while and reading your experience really helps. I got an RFE on my asylum based i-485 and am waiting for the letter. As read through the forum I think it might be medical. I did not submit medical test since it said on the website no need to submit unless USCIS asks for it.

Anyone knows any other reasons for Asylum based RFE's Thanks in advance.

Comment

Working...
                                X