Asylum Based i-485

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sunny1122 View Post
    Wts diffrence between refugee cases and asylee cases I thought it was same but reading now post looks like there is difference
    Refugees apply for asylum in their own countries, asylees apply for asylum in USA.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sunny1122 View Post
      Wts diffrence between refugee cases and asylee cases I thought it was same but reading now post looks like there is difference
      Refugees are who applied US protection outside US, they will checked and certified by USCIS and State of Department. Not all of countries are qualified for refugee. I think some of them are from UNHCR.
      Asylees are who applied asylum in US and approved by USCIS. They have to enter US and they applied asylum.
      For Refugees, Their GC category code is RE6/7/8. For Asylees ,their GC category code is AS6/7/8
      That is the difference.

Comment

• Originally posted by locker View Post
        Refugees apply for asylum in their own countries, asylees apply for asylum in USA.
        Thank you

Comment

• Originally posted by Goldbear in CA View Post

Refugees are who applied US protection outside US, they will checked and certified by USCIS and State of Department. Not all of countries are qualified for refugee. I think some of them are from UNHCR.
          Asylees are who applied asylum in US and approved by USCIS. They have to enter US and they applied asylum.
          For Refugees, Their GC category code is RE6/7/8. For Asylees ,their GC category code is AS6/7/8
          That is the difference.
          Thank you

Comment

• Hi, I Received an RFE on Sep 01 and sent back the Responses to RFE on Oct 13 after that my son got his green card with 14 days but they sent me notice for Biometrics although they have my old biometrics anyways yesterday was my biometrics taken and it is showing on case tracker app. Can anyone tell how long it will take now to approve my green card. Since this biometrics were a part of RFE.

Comment

• It’s been 50 days since I replied for my RFE to TSC. Filed in July 2018 adjustment of status . Does anyone know how long it takes them to reply back? Appreciate your response

Comment

• Originally posted by Bobby69 View Post
                It’s been 50 days since I replied for my RFE to TSC. Filed in July 2018 adjustment of status . Does anyone know how long it takes them to reply back? Appreciate your response
                Same thing with me. 50 days since replied to an RFE but no reply yet. They send me biometrics which i did on Dec 2 now if says finger prints applied to your case. I m waiting eagerly and I heard they have to respond with in 60 days. So I guess the amount of time depends on what type of RFE they asked. For my son they asked Medical only and his green card came with in 14 days from RFE but mine is 51st day and my RFE requirement was different. Pls update if u hear anything back in couple or days.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sahiaman View Post

Same thing with me. 50 days since replied to an RFE but no reply yet. They send me biometrics which i did on Dec 2 now if says finger prints applied to your case. I m waiting eagerly and I heard they have to respond with in 60 days. So I guess the amount of time depends on what type of RFE they asked. For my son they asked Medical only and his green card came with in 14 days from RFE but mine is 51st day and my RFE requirement was different. Pls update if u hear anything back in couple or days.
                  They only asked me for medical renewal. I will definitely update you as soon as I hear back

Comment

• Ok dear thanks. I am hoping both of us will hear back from them with in next week. ????????

Comment

• Originally posted by Sahiaman View Post
                      Hi, I Received an RFE on Sep 01 and sent back the Responses to RFE on Oct 13 after that my son got his green card with 14 days but they sent me notice for Biometrics although they have my old biometrics anyways yesterday was my biometrics taken and it is showing on case tracker app. Can anyone tell how long it will take now to approve my green card. Since this biometrics were a part of RFE.
                      Does it matter your son is under 14 years old? As we know, 14-79 applicants need to take fingerprints.
                      But under 14 years older or older than 80, no need. So they might approve their case directly.

Comment

• I-485 approved more than 40 days I have not received the card yet. Called uscis they told me to wait 60days
                        and today my i131 approved
                        even your case approved you still have to wait.

Comment

• I just join us army hope I get a green card before ship to boot camp. You can apply for citizenship right away

Comment

• Hatori1980 when did you apply for your i
                            I-131? I’ve been waiting for mine.

Comment

• Originally posted by luiz123456 View Post
                              Hatori1980 when did you apply for your i
                              I-131? I’ve been waiting for mine.
                              I applied for i-131 in April 2020. It took so long.

Comment

• Hatori1980 thanks for your reply. I applied mid June and had biometrics appointment 3 weeks ago, I hope it will be approved soon

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X