Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by devraj420 View Post

Hi its Texas service center
    Can you share details how you filed Writ Of Mandamus?
    Last edited by Sahil728; 01-13-2021, 08:50 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by gtaid1 View Post
      just FYI

I want to say this here in case it helps anyone....
      I’m in California
      I was able to renew my driving license with just I-94 showing asylum granted - normal CA driving license not REAL ID

for REAL ID : I-94 alone wasn’t accepted, they require EAD card or passport.
      If your EAD is expired AND you don’t have a valid passport, then you can’t get REAL ID with just i94 asylum status.

Note that I don’t have passport because my passport is expired. So my option was just to use EAD for RealID but my EAD is also expired.

my GC case is still pending.

Hello Gtaid

They tried the same with me, bring a printed copy of your i-94 (the one you can get on the website) and show them the asylum approval letter where it says that it is your right to work and live in the US indefinitely.... Also bring your Unrestricted Social security card.. It took them 4 months to fix it for me, and they sent me one with limited term for the real ID, I call in and they were able to change it all over the phone and they sent me a new real ID (one that didnt said limited term) for the full 5 years.

On the homeland security page one of the question is answered about it (bring a printed copy of this also) ,

Q. What classifications of aliens are eligible for full-term compliant driver's licenses?

A. Aliens lawfully admitted for permanent or temporary residence, aliens with conditional permanent resident status, aliens with an approved application for asylum, and aliens who have entered the United States as refugees are eligible for a full-term REAL ID license or identification card.

link : https://www.dhs.gov/real-id/real-id-...sked-questions

Some of the people in the DMV are just not sure or they havent been trained to help us... It can be frustrated .. tey need to use some website called SAVE to verified that you are an asylee or refugee

I hope this help

Comment

• Originally posted by Sahil728 View Post

Can you share details how you filed Writ Of Mandamus?
        Basically you would need to sue USCIS/DHS in federal court because they did not act on a benefit request that you are entitled to in a reasonable amount of time and you have exhausted other means of relief.
        Technically you can do this yourself but in general you would have to go through an attoney.
        I would suggest you and all write to the new administration and urge them to solve the delays in TSC.

Comment

• Originally posted by Goldbear in CA View Post

Did you file on 04/2020?
          LIN?
          I heard some of applicants for April 2020. have been approved.
          Yes I applied 04/20 and to NSC

Comment

• Finally, the wait is over
            Applied at NBC: July 2018
            transferred to TSC: oct 2018
            Case approved: Jan 2021
            good luck everyone.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bobby69 View Post
              Finally, the wait is over
              good luck everyone.
              Congratulations!!!

I am really happy for you and thank you for sharing the news.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bobby69 View Post
                Finally, the wait is over
                good luck everyone.
                Congratulations

Comment

• Originally posted by gtaid1 View Post

Yes I applied 04/20 and to NSC
                  Very unclear for GC processing.
                  some cases received in early May has been approved.
                  I also heard one case RD 01/28/2020, RFE in july, approved recently.
                  RFE becomes longer too. Also in LIN.

Comment

• Originally posted by flando View Post
                    Basically you would need to sue USCIS/DHS in federal court because they did not act on a benefit request that you are entitled to in a reasonable amount of time and you have exhausted other means of relief.
                    Technically you can do this yourself but in general you would have to go through an attoney.
                    I would suggest you and all write to the new administration and urge them to solve the delays in TSC.
                    Can you tell me which attorney you used or if you did yourself ?

Which date did you sue them and how long it took to get approval after that ?

Thanks for sharing !

Comment

• Please read my story if you have time. I also sued the USCIS and it took me less than two months after the suit to get my green card.

Hello guys,

Although this is my first time posting on here, I am definitely not new here. I have been following what is going on this forum on a regular basis for at least 2-3 years. That said, thank you to everyone who has shared positive news, those who share enlightening information as well. My green card application was received by Uscis Texas in July 2019. I got my fingerprints done in Feb 2020 and there was no word since then. On this forum, I was reminded of writ of mandamus, which the lawyer who helped me file for asylum mentioned a couple of times. So I got in touch with him but he told me he was not able to file a lawsuit on my behalf given that I have not been waiting longer than the processing times posted on the uscis website. And it was then that I started looking online and found out about Hacking Law Practice. After reading the reviews and watched a couple of videos produced by Mr. Hacking, I decided to get in touch with his office. We had a genuine conversation...and this was back in September. Mr. Hacking suggested that I waited for a few more months as the covid19 has slowed things down BUT made it clear that it was really up to me as I had already waited for over twelve months. He told me beyond 12 months, a judge will very likely issue summonses to make uscis act on the pending application. So I decided to wait for two... At least, I tried. In the meantime, I kept working and saving money because I knew the whole thing would cost 4000 dollars. So at the end of October, I got in touch with the Law office again, I told them I did not want to wait any longer and was ready to sue the uscis. Early November, I paid 2500: 2100 down payment and 400 for the lawsuit. Lawsuit was swiftly filed. Before Christmas I received an RFE and I replied to it right away. Today, I received a notification and my card is being produced. My timeline is as follows:
                      May 2018: Asylum Granted.
                      July 2019: Application Filed
                      Feb 2020: Fingerprints Taken
                      Nov 2020: Lawsuit
                      Jan 2021: Green Card Being Produced.
                      Guys, if you are able to come up with the money, please use this means while it is still available to us. Some lawyers might be cheaper, but Hacking Law Practice is what has gotten me my results so I can only speak about those folks. Do your research and decide for yourself, but if you have been waiting longer than a year, I would highly suggest that you find a lawyer who can help you do something about it.

Comment

• I think if we could file ourselves (writ of mandamus) and save up the money .. then let's do it.. but it can only be possible if we all help each other out.. maybe getting an example of a writ of mandamus .. if possible ... and use it.. with all the necessary steps to do so.. I have been in situations where I found the information myself... like for example.. my attorney applied for AP when it should of been RTD instead... and when we didn't include I-602 with my I-485 and then later on I brought it up to my attorney.. to then applied for it a few months later... I have been find myself with better results when I do things myself.. but that's just my own experience!!!

Comment

• have any of you got a response to a service request for I-485 like this " As of January 8, 2021, your inquiry about why your case is taking longer than our processing time, referral number SR#########, is on hold while we request your case file."

Comment

• anyone had experience with a I-602 Waiver?

Comment

• I’ve seen in the Uscis website I-485 filing locations have been changed for some states like NY, NJ, NH... from Dallas to Chicago Lockbox. Do you have any information if Service Center also changed or not?

Comment

• Originally posted by GM1985 View Post
                                I think if we could file ourselves (writ of mandamus) and save up the money .. then let's do it.. but it can only be possible if we all help each other out.. maybe getting an example of a writ of mandamus .. if possible ... and use it.. with all the necessary steps to do so.. I have been in situations where I found the information myself... like for example.. my attorney applied for AP when it should of been RTD instead... and when we didn't include I-602 with my I-485 and then later on I brought it up to my attorney.. to then applied for it a few months later... I have been find myself with better results when I do things myself.. but that's just my own experience!!!
                                I also think that we can do this ourselves, if I’ll find acceptable file I’ll share it.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X