Asylum Based i-485

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bobby69 View Post
    How long it take USCIS to issue travel document at Nebraska after biometric appointment?
    I received approval for travel document yesterday​​​​​ Dec 29, applied Apr 14

Comment

• Originally posted by gtaid1 View Post
      I previously had received notice that USCIS used my previous fingerprint for my GC case back in July..... but now I received Biometric Appointment for my GC case. The appointment is in Jan 2021.
      My previous fingerprints were used in July and I also received invitation for new one in Jan 2021

Comment

• Originally posted by locker View Post
        OMG 8 months : (

I applied in Oct 2020.... just got my biometric notice in mail to do in Jan

Comment

• Originally posted by gtaid1 View Post

OMG 8 months : (

I applied in Oct 2020.... just got my biometric notice in mail to do in Jan
          Same here. I also got my biometric notice for January 2021. I applied in first week of October 2020

Comment

My previous fingerprints were used in July and I also received invitation for new one in Jan 2021
            It is quite strange that some applicants could use previous fingerprints to get approval for GC but someone not. Why?
            Also for your cases. You have gotten approval for RTD so the fingerorints should be ok. Why it has you retake the fingerprint? Do not understand.
            Very confused about the action of USCIS. It seems very complex for processing cases.

Comment

• Hello, I hope someone can help me: I sent form i-485 on December, 1st and USCIS got it on December, 4th.

It’s been a month and I still didn’t get a response from USCIS; the check wasn’t cashed as well.

Is there any way I can find out what’s going on? I’m really worried. It’s asylum-based Green Card. Thanks in advance & Happy New Year!

Comment

• Originally posted by Goldbear in CA View Post

The quote should be in fiscal year other than calendar year?
                It would be in FY2021.
                There is no quota for asylee refugee adjustment.

But generally end of the year the level of staffing is reduced due to vacation.

Comment

It is quite strange that some applicants could use previous fingerprints to get approval for GC but someone not. Why?
                  Also for your cases. You have gotten approval for RTD so the fingerorints should be ok. Why it has you retake the fingerprint? Do not understand.
                  Very confused about the action of USCIS. It seems very complex for processing cases.
                  As I understand both of my applications are going different ways, no logic at all. Today I got notification that my RTD was produced.

Comment

As I understand both of my applications are going different ways, no logic at all. Today I got notification that my RTD was produced.
                    Congratulation first!
                    Yes, the I131 and I485 fingerprints are independent. Someone was reqiured to take fingerprints for I131 but previous fingerprints were taken for I485.

Comment

• Originally posted by SophiaGC20 View Post
                      Hello, I hope someone can help me: I sent form i-485 on December, 1st and USCIS got it on December, 4th.

It’s been a month and I still didn’t get a response from USCIS; the check wasn’t cashed as well.

Is there any way I can find out what’s going on? I’m really worried. It’s asylum-based Green Card. Thanks in advance & Happy New Year!

mine is same .uscis received my doc on 1 dec but cash wast cashed

Comment

A friend of mine took him 10 months to get it approved.
                        mine is still pending since May, almost 7 months.
                        I don’t think we need to worry if the process is longer for travel document, where are we going to travel? Consider it is valid for one year only, imagine it was approved in July or August with all the travel restrictions, no any embassy will issue you a visa for a document valid for few months only..

Comment

• Originally posted by Asyleeasylee View Post

A friend of mine took him 10 months to get it approved.
                          mine is still pending since May, almost 7 months.
                          I don’t think we need to worry if the process is longer for travel document, where are we going to travel? Consider it is valid for one year only, imagine it was approved in July or August with all the travel restrictions, no any embassy will issue you a visa for a document valid for few months only..
                          My daughter got approval in July, I in December, my husband still no news, it means, when he will get we will need to apply for daughter again. I want to go to Mexico, why not? I want to have some vacation, I really don’t care about restrictions, I’m too tired.

Comment

• Happy New Year 2021 Everyone!

It is important to follow US immigration laws, In 19 days President Elect Joseph Biden will become President of the United States and Kamala Harris will become the first female Vice President. Joseph Biden reiterate he will be a President for All Americans, it is a VICTORY FOR WE THE PEOPLE. You are welcome to review the incoming President Immigration Policies. USCIS resumes operations to the public on Monday, January 4th, 2021. ↘
                            USCIS Provides Update on Receipt Notice Delays for Forms Filed with USCIS Lockbox! ↘

USCIS issued a stakeholder message noting that a significant increase in fillings in recent weeks and facility capacity restrictions as a result of the COVID-19 restrictions as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic are causing "significant delays for processing receipt notices" for forms and applications filed with the USCIS lockbox.
                            Copy of Stakeholder Message ↘
                            USCIS Lockbox Updates

The USCIS lockbox facilities have received a significant increase in filings in recent weeks. This increase, along with facility capacity restrictions necessary to protect the health and safety of the lockbox workforce during the COVID-19 pandemic, is causing significant delays for processing receipt notices. We continue to work to minimize delays. Once we process your submission, we will review your package. If you properly filed your form, we will send a receipt notice to the mailing address provided on your form, normally within 30 days. If your submission is incomplete or improperly filed, we will reject it per current procedures.

You can take steps to decrease the time it takes us to process and send your receipt notice or find out the status of your case:

• File online (if this option is available for your form type) and receive immediate confirmation that we have received your form instead of waiting for the mail;

• Create a free USCIS online account and check the status of your case from your mobile device, anywhere, anytime using our case status online tool; or

• Complete Form G-1145, E-Notification of Application/Petition Acceptance, and clip it to the front of your form to request a text message and/or email when we accept your form. We also encourage you to follow the tips below when submitting evidence with your application package:

• Review the form instructions and checklist of required initial evidence on the form webpage (if this option is available for your form);

• Submit single-sided photocopies of requested documents, unless the form instructions specifically state you must submit an original document;

• With the exception of passport photos, please copy photographs to an 8.5”x11” sheet of paper instead of sending originals. Always send in original passport photos where requested; • Submit only the required evidence and supporting documentation listed in the form instructions. If we need additional information, we will request it from you; and

• If you cannot provide the required primary evidence when filing a form, review the form instructions for appropriate secondary evidence.
                            Last edited by ceci1073; 01-04-2021, 02:49 PM. Reason: Link

Comment

I think it is very good signal. For new fingerprints, it would be near for approval.
                              Does your previous fingerprints were taken on July 17th, 2020?
                              I have to say this is not necessarily true. I applied on September 2019, was told my old fingerprints would be used, and got a biometrics appointment for February 2020. I haven't heard anything ever since.

Comment

• Originally posted by SophiaGC20 View Post
                                Hello, I hope someone can help me: I sent form i-485 on December, 1st and USCIS got it on December, 4th.

Don't worry. I would say that if by the end of the month you haven't received the receipt for approval, contact USCIS about it. I can tell you though that they are slow, and with the holidays even more, so it's normal to see delays.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X