Asylum Based i-485

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• March
    Last edited by March2018; 01-18-2021, 03:30 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by locker View Post
      I also think that we can do this ourselves, if I’ll find acceptable file I’ll share it.
      Thank you!!!

Yes if any of us finds, let's share with others too.

Comment

• Originally posted by GM1985 View Post
        I think if we could file ourselves (writ of mandamus) and save up the money .. then let's do it.. but it can only be possible if we all help each other out.. maybe getting an example of a writ of mandamus .. if possible ... and use it.. with all the necessary steps to do so.. I have been in situations where I found the information myself... like for example.. my attorney applied for AP when it should of been RTD instead... and when we didn't include I-602 with my I-485 and then later on I brought it up to my attorney.. to then applied for it a few months later... I have been find myself with better results when I do things myself.. but that's just my own experience!!!
        I strongly discourage you doing this yourself.

While you can but certainly not worth it. Because generally its about 2000-3000 to file a suit with experienced attorney, while you yourself need to pay normally $400-500 for court fees and also needs to ensure all the civil procedures are followed otherwise the case will be dismissed. Also you will be in a bad position if the USCIS fight back.

There are couple of things you need to figure out -

1) juristriction;
        2) venue;
        3) basses of your claim
        a) your are entitled to a benefit;
        b) the government has a responsibility to act;
        c) the government did not act in a reasonable time, in violation of INA and/or APA;
        d) you have exhausted other means of remedy.
        4) civil procédures
        a) filling of a suit;
        b) paying court fees;
        c) access to the system and serve the summons;
        d) avoid any grounds of dismissal;

These are not easy things. You can do it, but I highly, highly discourage you doing so. Just pay the money. I'm cannot tell you how many times i see people trying to save some money on immigration issues and then it seriously back fired on them. Seriously people, don't, just don't.

The problem is not attorneys in general but the one you choose is incompetent handling immigration cases, or more specifically, asylum related cases. You should choose a better lawyer.

Comment

• Originally posted by Leonardi View Post
          I’ve seen in the Uscis website I-485 filing locations have been changed for some states like NY, NJ, NH... from Dallas to Chicago Lockbox. Do you have any information if Service Center also changed or not?
          I would not read too much into it.

Chicago lockbox has no service center. It handles the intake of the cases and then transfer the cases to service center or NBC (which does not handle asylum cases).

I believe this change is to reduce the intake delay due to COVID. There are two changes one for I-485 one for certain student related I-765, both were mentioned in an update issued same day regarding intake delays (processing of receipts).

Comment

• Originally posted by Hatori1980 View Post
            Hey guys update
            I-485 March 2019
            October 2020 case was approved
            still waiting almost 90 days inquired after 60 days passed
            Almost 90 days Uscis scheduled me for fingerprints by the end of January 2021. But I am in military I just walked in and done me fingerprints
            After fingerprints done the same day my case changed to be the card was produced
            and today January 13 Green card is in hand

sometime your case is approved doesn’t mean you will get it right away.
            Hello Hatori,

Do you know how long we should serve in military to be citizen?

Thank you.

Comment

• Originally posted by flando View Post

I would not read too much into it.

Chicago lockbox has no service center. It handles the intake of the cases and then transfer the cases to service center or NBC (which does not handle asylum cases).

I believe this change is to reduce the intake delay due to COVID. There are two changes one for I-485 one for certain student related I-765, both were mentioned in an update issued same day regarding intake delays (processing of receipts).
              thank you for the info ..

NSC (Nebraska Service Center) & TSC (Texas Service Center) handle ALL I-485 AOS for refugees and Asylees claims... But you are correct writ of Mandamus seem like a lot for someone to do it on their own...
              Last edited by GM1985; 01-15-2021, 04:50 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by 27march View Post

Hello Hatori,

Do you know how long we should serve in military to be citizen?

Thank you.
                You can submit citizenship application at the first day of military service if you paperwork is done. Most people they apply within a couple months of service.
                army has two year options to be active
                but if you have a good job you can do reserve.

Comment

You can submit citizenship application at the first day of military service if you paperwork is done. Most people they apply within a couple months of service.
                  Thank you so much! It's very helpful answer!

So, can I be a citizen even if I serve in reserve? How long I have to wait to apply for citizenship if I'm reserve?

Comment

Not first day, you have to be in the military at least one year before you’re eligible to apply for citizenship.

Comment

• Originally posted by foxygaga View Post

Not first day, you have to be in the military at least one year before you’re eligible to apply for citizenship.
                      The new order from Court just came out the September 2020
                      you dont need one year or 6 months to apply only one day of service need.

Comment

Thank you so much! It's very helpful answer!

So, can I be a citizen even if I serve in reserve? How long I have to wait to apply for citizenship if I'm reserve?
                        Right now you can apply you dont have to wait

Comment

• Originally posted by foxygaga View Post

Comment

Right now you can apply you dont have to wait
                            Even If I'm at reserve? Waoww! I was thinking I have to wait 1 year if I'm at reserve. I think reserve requires 30 days service in a year.

Comment

Even If I'm at reserve? Waoww! I was thinking I have to wait 1 year if I'm at reserve. I think reserve requires 30 days service in a year.
                              Yes you can apply no more wait.

Comment

• A good news! my I131 has been approved
                                RD: 06/23/2020
                                Approved Date: 01/19/2021
                                NSC.
                                Hope I-485 could be approved soon.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}