Asylum Based i-485

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi All,

I applied for GC Feb 2019 with TSC, Nothing till now except biometrics updated on Feb 2020.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jasmine22 View Post

Are you surprised that it is only for one year? Is it usually different? What is a LIN number?

Thank you!
      Yes, I am surprised its only for a year yet I paid $410. I was expecting 2yrs as before. The LIN number is the receipt number - a new identification number different from the one I used when I was an asylum seeker. Something new to me too dear.

If I don't get GC next year, means I gotta pay another $410 that is if USCIS doesn't increase the price. That's a lot of money shaa..but we hope for the best anyways!
      Last edited by harmony15; 05-09-2020, 09:38 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Loveusa99 View Post
        harmony15 hi
        you get EAD for a year? What category? A5?
        Yes,only for a year. its category A5. Last time they gave me 2 yrs..
        Last edited by harmony15; 05-09-2020, 09:39 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by harmony15 View Post

Yes, I am surprised its only for a year yet I paid $410. I was expecting 2yrs as before. The LIN number is the receipt number - a new identification number different from the one I used when I was an asylum seeker. Something new to me too dear.

If I don't get GC next year, means I gotta pay another $410 that is if USCIS doesn't increase the price. That's a lot of money shaa..but we hope for the best anyways!
          You dont have to pay for ead card while i485 is pending.
          You can renew 100 times without pay anything.

Comment

• Hi, My status changed to "My card is being produced..." yesterday and today it changed to "Case was approved ...." Does anybody know what's next and what is the timeline?

Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by nar_ View Post
              2018 January - Asylum Granted
              2019 January applied for i485
              They didn’t need biometrics as They got it in 2018 August for Travel doc
              2020 February they scheduled new biometrics
              2020 till now status is “fingerprints have been applied to your case”
              We are in the same boat. I also redid my FP in feb.Lets hope we all get our GC in hand asap

Comment

• Originally posted by Asyleeasylee View Post
                Nebraska also rolled back to October 2017.
                something wrong is going on...
                Hi, My status changed to "My card is being produced..." yesterday and today it changed to "Case was approved ...." Does anybody know what's next and what is the timeline?

Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by harmony15 View Post

First , as asylee you don’t even need a work permit as you have unrestricted SSN , and the LIN number means it was processed at Nebraska.
                  H1b visa
                  Concurrent F2A forms I-130 ,I-130A, I-485, I-864,I-944, I-765, I-693
                  self filling with attorney consultation
                  F.O Minneapolis, Mn
                  6/12/2020 Package sent usps
                  6/15 delivered
                  6/26 checks cashed
                  text messages with receipt # Sunday 6/28
                  07/06/2020 received 3 receipts in the mail for I-130,1-765 &I-485
                  8/7/2020 received biometric notice for 8/17
                  8/17 fingerprints done & case updated
                  9/22 I-130 approved
                  11/17 I-485 was reopened (never closed)
                  11/18 I-765 approved
                  12/22/20 I-485 approved

Comment

• Originally posted by Gcapplicant2019 View Post

First , as asylee you don’t even need a work permit as you have unrestricted SSN , and the LIN number means it was processed at Nebraska.
                    EAD is not required, but for some agencies is required, for example DMV in NJ they want only a valid EAD to renew a driver license which happened in my case, I had to apply for renewal for my EAD a5...

Comment

• Originally posted by Dreams Come True View Post
                      Hi, My status changed to "My card is being produced..." yesterday and today it changed to "Case was approved ...." Does anybody know what's next and what is the timeline?

Thanks
                      Good morning! Great news! Congratulations! In two days they will send your gc , overall it takes 7 days from card production to card receive. I guess it’s NSC again?

Comment

Thanks
                        Congrats!!!

Is it I-485? Which Service Center?

Once it says "My Card is being produced"

Next Step is "Case was approved

Next Step will be "Post Office picked up mail containing your new card."

Final Step will be "Card Was Delivered To Me By The Post Office"

Comment

• Originally posted by Zidane View Post
                          TSC Times:
                          Receipt date for a case inquiry went back to October 27th, 2017 again. And the ranges has risen up to 31 months... It is an endless loop that just increases over and over....
                          Its getting worst day by day especially TSC.......

Earlier it was 7months to 28.5 months.

God please help us all..............

Comment

• Originally posted by fru-fru View Post
                            good morning! Great news! Congratulations! In two days they will send your gc , overall it takes 7 days from card production to card receive. I guess it’s nsc again?
                            tsc

Comment

• Originally posted by luckycharm4111 View Post

Congrats!!!

Is it I-485? Which Service Center?

Once it says "My Card is being produced"

Next Step is "Case was approved

Next Step will be "Post Office picked up mail containing your new card."

Final Step will be "Card Was Delivered To Me By The Post Office"
                              Thanks for your reply. Yes, it's i485. TSC.

Comment

Thanks for your reply. Yes, it's i485. TSC.
                                Woww.... that's great. At last something from Texas Service Center.

Lot of us here waiting for the decision from TSC. We would appreciate if you can share your time lines ?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X