Asylum Based i-485

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sahil728 View Post

Really happy for u. My case was transferred to Nebraska for faster processing. Hope i get update soon
    Thank you

One tip I would like to share is once I receive RFE status update online. Mostly it would be Medical (I693) because it was more than 2 years I filed, I scheduled the appointment with Civil Surgeon and did my medical and I693 was ready by time we received the RFE mail. The same day I mailed it through UPS one day priority mail.

sometimes They can request Medical + something else in my case was 2 photos (which took 20 mins to get)

it’s always better not to delay anything from our side.

Comment

• Hey guys! Has anyone submitted the RFE during February/March and still awaiting for an answer?

After my case was transferred from TX Service Center to a field office during January, I got a request for RFE.
      My RFE (Only medical I-693) shows as received in the Field Office (Harlingen TX) on 03/21 and nothing else yet, however I see so many other people saying they got an answer within days of submitting it, and its just making me nervous.

Thank you in advance,

Asylum Approved March 2018
      I-485 Submitted March 2019

Comment

• Geraldine,

I am on same boat since March 14 San Antonio TX. My husband since March 1st.

Comment

• Today I did my medical it’s strange that form I 693 version expired on march 30 2022 my doctor has to use old version of forms since new version is not available any one have same issue who ever did medical on April ?

Comment

• Greetings!
            I am seeking to gather all members who filed I- 485 asylums based. Those who waited for 2-3 years and even more to get their Green Card on hand. The USCIS announced a proposal to end the blockage problem and they plan to make the I-485 processing time 6 months by the end of this year. Those who lost 3 years of suffering and waiting for a Green Card and this period delayed their rights to apply for citizenship another 3 years which means a total of 6 years. We should gather and file a lawsuit against USCIS to consider our waiting time as a legal residency to apply for citizenship. We are not responsible for the delay they intentionally did to hold our petition without adjudicating for no reason. The low number of applications during the pandemic period shows that they never work on our application.
            If we gather and address our situation to CASA De Maryland and with a big law Firm we have a great chance to win the case.
            This will put us quickly on the right track to applying on time for citizenship.
            Interested please email me to gather and start the first step as soon as possible. thanks!

Comment

• Originally posted by Eahas2022 View Post
              Greetings!
              I am seeking to gather all members who filed I- 485 asylums based. Those who waited for 2-3 years and even more to get their Green Card on hand. The USCIS announced a proposal to end the blockage problem and they plan to make the I-485 processing time 6 months by the end of this year. Those who lost 3 years of suffering and waiting for a Green Card and this period delayed their rights to apply for citizenship another 3 years which means a total of 6 years. We should gather and file a lawsuit against USCIS to consider our waiting time as a legal residency to apply for citizenship. We are not responsible for the delay they intentionally did to hold our petition without adjudicating for no reason. The low number of applications during the pandemic period shows that they never work on our application.
              If we gather and address our situation to CASA De Maryland and with a big law Firm we have a great chance to win the case.
              This will put us quickly on the right track to applying on time for citizenship.
              Interested please email me to gather and start the first step as soon as possible. thanks!
              Not sure what you trying to achieve through the law suit but from what I understand what you are saying, I doubt any responsible law firm would pick up the case.

USCIS is never responsible for the delay it cause nor can the court order USCIS to back date your LPR status.

As USCIS is currently trying to process the cases faster there is no point of a class action lawsuit.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sunny1122 View Post
                Today I did my medical it’s strange that form I 693 version expired on march 30 2022 my doctor has to use old version of forms since new version is not available any one have same issue who ever did medical on April ?
                The date you are referring to has no bearing on the validity of the form.

As long as you are downloading the latest version from USCIS website, it's valid.

Comment

• Originally posted by flando View Post

Not sure what you trying to achieve through the law suit but from what I understand what you are saying, I doubt any responsible law firm would pick up the case.

USCIS is never responsible for the delay it cause nor can the court order USCIS to back date your LPR status.

As USCIS is currently trying to process the cases faster there is no point of a class action lawsuit.
                  I am wondering of what you said, do you think there no benefits from the lawsuit. Aren't those who applied for Green card after grant asylum a lawful resident and file their taxes every year. Wasting our life for years and years and some others we don't know how they finalize their cases within few months and some of them even waived their application fees. Aren't we under the same law and and living in the same country?!
                  why we should wait for no reason. Those who fight against Trump legeslation law regarding the Work Permit for asylum applicants to be after a complete one year. They would never won the lawsuit and got their work permit after 6 months. You can check online regarding that big lawsuit they filed. Aren't those who won the DV lottery filed a lawsuits to continue their process that been delayed during the pandemic.
                  It is about mentality and do you want to fight for you benefits or you just being lazy waiting for the others to take the action.
                  You might not been in the same situation with us and lost like 6 years from your life. That why you think it might be useless. Logic says it is possible. I hope to find those who care about time and ready to participate. Thanks !
                  Last edited by Eahas2022; 04-07-2022, 12:30 PM.

Comment

I am wondering of what you said, do you think there no benefits from the lawsuit. Aren't those who applied for Green card after grant asylum a lawful resident and file their taxes every year. Wasting our life for years and years and some others we don't know how they finalize their cases within few months and some of them even waived their application fees. Aren't we under the same law and and living in the same country?!
                    why we should wait for no reason. Those who fight against Trump legeslation law regarding the Work Permit for asylum applicants to be after a complete one year. They would never won the lawsuit and got their work permit after 6 months. You can check online regarding that big lawsuit they filed. Aren't those who won the DV lottery filed a lawsuits to continue their process that been delayed during the pandemic.
                    It is about mentality and do you want to fight for you benefits or you just being lazy waiting for the others to take the action.
                    You might not been in the same situation with us and lost like 6 years from your life. That why you think it might be useless. Logic says it is possible. I hope to find those who care about time and ready to participate. Thanks !
                    First of all, if you look at my posts, I have been long advocating filing class action lawsuit.

And there are a lot of value if you case is, let's say, delayed for many years. File a Mandamus individually is very helpful.

However, I don't see much value, if any at all, to file CLASS ACTION lawsuit NOW.

USCIS already taking actions to address issues and we see great movement across the board.

Why any law firm would spend the energy fighting in court on an issue that is already being addressed?

Comment

• Originally posted by flando View Post

First of all, if you look at my posts, I have been long advocating filing class action lawsuit.

And there are a lot of value if you case is, let's say, delayed for many years. File a Mandamus individually is very helpful.

However, I don't see much value, if any at all, to file CLASS ACTION lawsuit NOW.

USCIS already taking actions to address issues and we see great movement across the board.

Why any law firm would spend the energy fighting in court on an issue that is already being addressed?
                      We will check with a big law firm first before doing anything to get the right advise. If they accept the case we will try to get the support from CASA DE Meryland and American Immigration Council. It doesn't mean I do anything or take action myself right away. I am trying to gather those who have the same situation and serious about participate if the case is possible and accepted by a law firm.

Comment

We will check with a big law firm first before doing anything to get the right advise. If they accept the case we will try to get the support from CASA DE Meryland and American Immigration Council. It doesn't mean I do anything or take action myself right away. I am trying to gather those who have the same situation and serious about participate if the case is possible and accepted by a law firm.
                        Feel free to do so and good luck.

Comment

• I have received a RFE letter from USCIS on feb18 and I sent the response as well. On the USCIS tracking tool they didn’t update the mail they sent(RFE) and they didn’t update whether they received the response I sent.
                          I am a little bit concerned. Any suggestions, tips or anyone with similar situation.
                          please advise.
                          Thanks!

Comment

• Hello ,
                            any one lately send his/her medical document and received approval? How line it takes from the time you send the medical and the time you got approved? Thank you

Comment

• Hi who ever mail back his medical to Uscis
                              there is one envelope they send with notice what is this for ? And medical we have send to Nebraska service center ??

Comment

• Ready,
                                same situation can I which office sent you the request?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X