Asylum Based i-485

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bek0107 View Post

Thank you for your reply, is it the one with the barcode?
    Could you please follow the exact instructions you received and printed on the RFE letter?

That's very important.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bek0107 View Post

Thank you for your reply, is it the one with the barcode?
      It’s the one where you need to check the box if you have a New G28 (if you have new attorney) and put the new address(if any).

yes it has a bar code on the right side middle of the page vertically

Comment

• I have been scheduled for an interview for the asylum-based I-485 application. Any idea about the interview questions and advice?

Thank you!

Comment

• Originally posted by luckycharm4111 View Post

**CS referred as Civil Surgeon

I know what are you trying to say FLANDO

What I meant is, it is CS fault and they have to correct it and handover completed and signed new I693 form sealed. It is WaitingGC responsibility to send it to USCIS.

There are three reason why I asked WaitingGC to go to old CS

1. CS will know what USCIS Is referring as incomplete because we don’t know exactly what’s incomplete in I693 form.They will correct it and will give a new I693 form to WaitingGC then he can mail it ASAP.

2. As it was a CS mistake, they shouldn’t be charging WaitingGC and it should be free because it is still under that two year valid period. If WaitingGC goes to another CS then he has pay money again for it, which doesn’t make sense.

3. WaitingGC doesn’t need to get a new results, he can ask old CS to have old records copied in new one with the date it was done as it is still within the two year valid period.

I know we shouldn’t be wasting time but we all work hard for money.

Because of someone’s mistake, we cannot be loosing money for nothing. EVERY PENNY COUNTS!

I am not asking to fight, just try to talk to old CS and see if they can do it because it’s their fault. If they don’t then WaitingGC can go to new CS.

I believe there are still good people who accepts their mistakes and try to correct it.
          Thank you all for the input.

I went back to the civil surgeon and they accepted to give me a full exam and a full new form because they acknowledged their mistake. They said that they forgot to check a box in the last page with the vaccination record but I doubt that was the problem. I still believe that the issue was that part of the file was lost at some point during the transit. But since they are giving me a new exam and filled form for free, this becomes irrelevant.

Comment

• Originally posted by waitingGC View Post

Thank you all for the input.

I went back to the civil surgeon and they accepted to give me a full exam and a full new form because they acknowledged their mistake. They said that they forgot to check a box in the last page with the vaccination record but I doubt that was the problem. I still believe that the issue was that part of the file was lost at some point during the transit. But since they are giving me a new exam and filled form for free, this becomes irrelevant.
            Yayyy!!!

I am glad there are still some good people out there.

I hope this time everything goes smooth and you get your Green Card soon.
            Last edited by luckycharm4111; 03-30-2022, 06:01 PM.

Comment

• Hi All,
              My I-485 was recently approved after waiting 3 years. However, I applied for the renewal of my travel document (I-131) since last year without paying the required fees since my I-485 was pending then when I applied in Dec. My question is would my travel document be approved without paying the fees since I now have my green card? I applied for this more than 3 months before green card was issued.

Comment

• I have recived 5 members Rfe and it is for medical two questions I can mail all by my self or should I have to my lawyer which is very delay and slow
                2nd I have 2 Rtd both expire I can get my country passport renewal very ez from New York can I apply for my country passport should there be any issue while traveling to Canada or Mexico

Comment

• Hi everyone, please I need advice on this.
                  Been waiting for my GC since 2019 and finally received a mail for RFE three weeks ago for medical report. My case is currently in Nebraska Service Center. I mailed the RFE on Tuesday 3/29/2022 through usps this was a priority mail to be delivered the next day 3/30/2022, today is 4/1/2022 and the usps are unable to tell me where the mail is. I sent this from Massachusetts to Nebraska, no update after tracking and calling the usps customer.
                  I am confused ATM, I am thinking of doing another medical exam. Please advise group

Comment

• Originally posted by Hopeful Asylee View Post
                    Hi everyone, please I need advice on this.
                    Been waiting for my GC since 2019 and finally received a mail for RFE three weeks ago for medical report. My case is currently in Nebraska Service Center. I mailed the RFE on Tuesday 3/29/2022 through usps this was a priority mail to be delivered the next day 3/30/2022, today is 4/1/2022 and the usps are unable to tell me where the mail is. I sent this from Massachusetts to Nebraska, no update after tracking and calling the usps customer.
                    I am confused ATM, I am thinking of doing another medical exam. Please advise group
                    When you sent the mail RFE through USPS Priority Mail. They would have given the receipt which has a tracking number.

because of the bad weather, most of the time USPS mail will be delivered late but for sure it will be delivered. Very few chances to lose it.

TRY TO GO TO USPS LOCATION FROM where you sent it, sometimes they will help to give status about that mail. You can decide whether you need to send another 693 medical to the USCIS.

I had a very bad experience (similar) with the USPS in the past. That’s why I always suggest to ship the package either from UPS or FedEx even-though it expensive but for sure it will be delivered on time .

Comment

• Originally posted by Sunny1122 View Post
                      I have recived 5 members Rfe and it is for medical two questions I can mail all by my self or should I have to my lawyer which is very delay and slow
                      2nd I have 2 Rtd both expire I can get my country passport renewal very ez from New York can I apply for my country passport should there be any issue while traveling to Canada or Mexico
                      Not exactly sure what you trying to say but -

1. generally you don't need attorney for medical RFE unless you needs to apply for waivers, though it might help (but might cause delay) to have an attorney review to make sure doctors do it correctly;

2. the simple and straight answer is an ABSOLUTELY NO before you receive green card. After you receive it, in most cases the answer is yes.

Comment

When you sent the mail RFE through USPS Priority Mail. They would have given the receipt which has a tracking number.

because of the bad weather, most of the time USPS mail will be delivered late but for sure it will be delivered. Very few chances to lose it.

TRY TO GO TO USPS LOCATION FROM where you sent it, sometimes they will help to give status about that mail. You can decide whether you need to send another 693 medical to the USCIS.

I had a very bad experience (similar) with the USPS in the past. That’s why I always suggest to ship the package either from UPS or FedEx even-though it expensive but for sure it will be delivered on time .

Thank you for your input. I was told to reply to Nebraska P.O box and that can only be done through usps. I will follow up this week and hopefully I share a good news soon.

Comment

• Hello everyone. I finally received my green card, I am so happy ! it is really going to open me a lot of doors. It took me exactly 3 years to get my green card from the day I applied.

Jan 2018 Sent Asylum application
                          March 2018 Asylum Granted
                          April 2019 sent I-485 form TSC
                          February 2021 fingerprints
                          Jan 20th 2022, application transferred to another service for faster ...
                          Jan 25th transferred to NBC
                          Feb 26th 2022 Request for additional evidence
                          March 19th sent Medical Exams
                          March 26th New card is being produced.
                          March 28th Application approved
                          March 29th New card ready
                          March 30th Card was picked up by USPS
                          April 3rd Green card in hand ( from 3/26/21 to 3/26/32) exactly 11 years of validity

I have been following this forum for almost 3 years and it's been so helpful, thank you to Flando and many others who have been available every day to respond our questions and concerns. I hope good news for those still waiting. Have a good one
                          Last edited by josh26; 04-03-2022, 05:10 PM.

Comment

• I applied for a Travel doc 4 months ago, and I am still waiting for it. I planned to visit many countries in Europe and Morocco this summer, and I am wondering if the travel doc will be available on time. I still have my home country passport still valid for 1 year, I am wondering if I can use it because I also want to go to Canada this month to see my fiancé

Comment

• Originally posted by josh26 View Post
                              I applied for a Travel doc 4 months ago, and I am still waiting for it. I planned to visit many countries in Europe and Morocco this summer, and I am wondering if the travel doc will be available on time. I still have my home country passport still valid for 1 year, I am wondering if I can use it because I also want to go to Canada this month to see my fiancé
                              I guess you are talking about RTD. Recently I received my RTD after waiting for more than 10 months.

I guess you can use your passport unless the country you are visiting doesn’t accept RTD and depends on your case how you got your asylum.

To travel to Canada through car, we need only Green card and DL. No need of any RTD.
                              Last edited by luckycharm4111; 04-03-2022, 07:04 PM.

Comment

I guess you are talking about RTD. Recently I received my RTD after waiting for more than 10 months.

I guess you can use your passport unless the country you are visiting doesn’t accept RTD and depends on your case how you got your asylum.

To travel to Canada through car, we need only Green card and DL. No need of any RTD.
                                Yes, RTD. Thanks for your response.
                                I'm All the way south in Texas and she lives in Quebec, that's 2 days drive non stop ???? too far. I will make more researches to see if I can use my passport

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X