Asylum Based i-485

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by luckycharm4111 View Post

I guess you are talking about RTD. Recently I received my RTD after waiting for more than 10 months.

I guess you can use your passport unless the country you are visiting doesn’t accept RTD and depends on your case how you got your asylum.

To travel to Canada through car, we need only Green card and DL. No need of any RTD.
    You should seriously refrain from replying if you don't know the law.

you cannot just "guess" and then give out completely wrong information.

You absolutely cannot travel with your home country passport until you received green card.

Once you received green card, generally using passport especially in non-home countries are ok.

Comment

• Originally posted by josh26 View Post
      Hello everyone.
      I received a mail Fromm USCIS a few days ago saying that my application for I-485 was transferred to the National Benefits Center in order to SPEED UP processing (lol)

- So March 28th 2018 Asylum granted
      - May 1st 2019 I-485 Application.... so it's 33 months, almost 3 years that I applied for my GC, and still waiting.

Do you guys think when the applications are transferred to that service, they will requested another interview?? if so, why? the asylum status is alredy granted.

I have been waiting for my GC for now 3 years to join the National guards. they request at least green card to applicants. time is flying, I am now almost 29 and still not sure how long I will have to wait.
      of course some people here say we should not complain and be grateful for our current status but also waiting indefinitely mess up people's plan. although we can lawfully work in the US, some of us get stuck in their careers because they are still asylees.
      Thanks for the info. Did u have to go thru the mandatory 3 months training. And also did you sign up for army reserve?
      TIA

Comment

After wait of 28 months I have a good news, my I485 is approved today and here are the timelines

December 2019 We received your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status at TSC
        December 2019 The fingerprints relating to your Form I-485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, were taken.
        February 2022 We sent a request for additional evidence for your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status.
        March 2022 We received your response for Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status.
        March 2022 We ordered your new card.
        March 25, 2022 Case Was Approved
        Expecting Green Card in hand by next week.

I hope everyone get their good news soon. God help us all!
        Finally!
        many many congratulations to you.

Comment

• Dear All,
          Thank you for your continuous update. I hereby for two things. First , I am asking if anyone can share his/her experience with San Antonio field office in term of processing time. The second thing, how long will take the field office to make decision after receive REF(medical exam)?
          My case started in 2019. Moved to NBC Jan 2022. Then San Antonio. I received request for medical exam on Fab 27 ; I sent it on March 1st (over night); until this moment they didn't update the case if it was received or not? How long can it takes to make their decision? Thank you

Comment

• Originally posted by flando View Post

You should seriously refrain from replying if you don't know the law.

you cannot just "guess" and then give out completely wrong information.

You absolutely cannot travel with your home country passport until you received green card.

Once you received green card, generally using passport especially in non-home countries are ok.
            Happy Monday

If you are really following the blog then you won’t have said the things.

Josh26 received the Green Card and my opinion was based from it, I’m not saying that it is good to use passport when you are on Asylee status.

Yes I agree unless we receive the Green Card, it is always good not to travel to Home Country.
            Last edited by luckycharm4111; 04-04-2022, 07:03 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sahil728 View Post
              Finally!
              many many congratulations to you.
              Thank you!

Finally received my Green Card in Mail last week.

Comment

Thank you!

Finally received my Green Card in Mail last week.
                Really happy for u. My case was transferred to Nebraska for faster processing. Hope i get update soon

Comment

• hello friends
                  im asylum Garanted and waiting for my I-485 to approved
                  can i apply for visitor visa for my mother ? or per my status they will reject her ? ????????????????????????

Comment

• Originally posted by asylum818 View Post
                    hello friends
                    im asylum Garanted and waiting for my I-485 to approved
                    can i apply for visitor visa for my mother ? or per my status they will reject her ? ????????????????????????
                    Yes you can. I have done several times and I emailed embassy as well with short letter of explanation for their visit!

Comment

• thank you Bek0107
                      Did u invite your parent ? they did approve for visitor visa ? what did u explain during your letter
                      thank you

Comment

• Tomorw I am going for my medical exam form I 693 published on 09-21-21 is available on Uscis website but it said on top right corner expiration 03/30/2022
                        what should I do ? Flando do U know about this or can help me ?

Comment

• Dear All,
                          please I need a response.
                          Thank you for your continuous update. I hereby for two things. First , I am asking if anyone can share his/her experience with San Antonio field office in term of processing time. The second thing, how long will take the field office to make decision after receive REF(medical exam)?
                          My case started in 2019. Moved to NBC Jan 2022. Then San Antonio. I received request for medical exam on Fab 27 ; I sent it on March 1st (over night); until this moment they didn't update the case if it was received or not? How long can it takes to make their decision? Thank you

Comment

• Originally posted by NotYet View Post
                            Dear All,
                            please I need a response.
                            The answers you are going to get are all meaningless to you.

If you have any questions, you should direct it to your local field office.

There is no point second guessing and make useless predictions here.

Generally they should have updated the case at least at the website, you should call USCIS and submit an inquiry. Good luck.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sunny1122 View Post
                              Tomorw I am going for my medical exam form I 693 published on 09-21-21 is available on Uscis website but it said on top right corner expiration 03/30/2022
                              what should I do ? Flando do U know about this or can help me ?
                              As long as you use the latest form you are fine.

The top right corner's date has no particular meaning to applicants.

Comment

• Flando,
                                I made a quest and the lady who called back said she can see that the responses are received. Until here it seemed everything is great. However, after the call I received a summary to my call says that they confirm receiving the response but the date was incorrect. They said they receive my response on same day they sent me the request. The other thing, there no update on the system after the request was sent.
                                I am trying to understand how long it takes to receive any update after I sent my response. I see most of people got their cards after max month after they sent their response. Why my case is delayed.
                                thank you

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X