Asylum Based i-485

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sabinan View Post
    I never heard about this policy. My husband is the main applicant, me and our son are derivative. Can you tell more about this new policy? Thank you

- - - Updated - - -
    U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) will begin expanding in-person interviews for certain immigration benefit applicants whose benefit, if granted, would allow them to permanently reside in the United States.

Comment

• I see . Thank you for sharing the info . But this policy only for :
      - employment based
      - who petitioned relative after asylum was granted
      Our story a bit different.
      But thanks for sharing again. I know for sure a lot of people will find this link helpful.

Comment

I'm sorry to hear that . It?s like you feel locked up in this situation. And the most annoying thing we payed money for this .
        I?m wishing you all the best and please keep us updated. Gd bless you and all of us .
        Yeah! It's big pain because my case outside normal processing time as of last December then after the interview NSC processing time changed to February 2017. So now I cannot any inquiries with any of congressmen/senator and USCIS SR.

Again, I have to wait another 8 month to be outside normal processing time. This is really unfair when they had already processed cases for March 2018. This could be why some people get their green card filled Mid 2018. They may have workload transfer to NSC.

Comment

• Originally posted by kDon View Post
          I applied on October 2017. It has been 16 months now. There is nothing we can do now if your case in NYC now. They do not allow Infopass, no online inquires for outside normal processing time and congressional inquiries since USCIS updated processing time in NSC.

My case was outside normal processing time 5 months ago and now again it is in processing time and I cannot do anything because of that.
          Dear I am also sailing inn same boat i applied On Aug 1, 2017 and still on "FINGER PRINT FEE RECEIVED" 3 queries from Congressman their response is your case is active but undergoing extra review my two dependents got their green card in 3 months.
          It was in NSC due to backlog now i cannot create e query it shows processing date Feb 24, 2017........... Can anybody suggest me..Help is appreciated.

Comment

• Originally posted by chaddhaaman View Post
            Dear I am also sailing inn same boat i applied On Aug 1, 2017 and still on "FINGER PRINT FEE RECEIVED" 3 queries from Congressman their response is your case is active but undergoing extra review my two dependents got their green card in 3 months.
            It was in NSC due to backlog now i cannot create e query it shows processing date Feb 24, 2017........... Can anybody suggest me..Help is appreciated.
            Response through the congressman/senator is completely useless and inaccurate according my experience. I was told my infopass and level 2 that i will be called an interview but congressman/senator states case in additional review. After few inquiries I was called for interview.

As of right who passed their processing time due additional review is completely helpless.

You cannot make inquiry over the phone and You cannot inquire with congressman due not in processing time, if you're in NYC no infopass anymore unless it's an emergency.

You may submit a request with Ombudsman office but it will takes 120 business days. (A year maybe)

Only finally solution is waiting or file mandamus.

Comment

• EAD renewal

Hey everyone! Hope all of you are doing well. I was trying to apply for renewal of my EAD with the category A05. As of now our I-485 is pending. And we received this category new EAD right after our asylum was granted and now it will be expiring. So, my question is about the filing fee. Do we need to pay for the filing fee as our I-485 is pending? Thank you everyone.

Comment

• Originally posted by ray11 View Post
                Hey everyone! Hope all of you are doing well. I was trying to apply for renewal of my EAD with the category A05. As of now our I-485 is pending. And we received this category new EAD right after our asylum was granted and now it will be expiring. So, my question is about the filing fee. Do we need to pay for the filing fee as our I-485 is pending? Thank you everyone.
                According to the Form I-765 instructions if you are in category (a)(5) and renewing the EAD, then you have to pay the $410 fee. I don't know if there is a fee waiver option.
                Nov 2018 - Package sent - EB - Texas Service Center
                Day 1 - Package received at the lockbox
                Day 999 - Card delivered to me - Aug 2021
                ---
                All my posts are based on my experience or information I read on the forums or the USCIS website. I may be wrong. Please consult a professional.

Comment

Hey you don?t need EAD anymore ! Just go to SS office and take off the restrictions from you SSC. Will save you some money.

Comment

Hey you don?t need EAD anymore ! Just go to SS office and take off the restrictions from you SSC. Will save you some money.
                    Are you sure? Cause I called the Nationa customer center and they told me that I do not need any fee if I send the Notice of Action receipt letter of I-485 with the I-765. Thank you for that information. I will do that for sure.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Enub4 View Post
                    According to the Form I-765 instructions if you are in category (a)(5) and renewing the EAD, then you have to pay the $410 fee. I don't know if there is a fee waiver option.
                    I know but I am not sure about it so I think I will give it a try and will let you guys know what happens. Thank you for you quick response

Comment

Are you sure? Cause I called the Nationa customer center and they told me that I do not need any fee if I send the Notice of Action receipt letter of I-485 with the I-765. Thank you for that information. I will do that for sure.

- - - Updated - - -

I know but I am not sure about it so I think I will give it a try and will let you guys know what happens. Thank you for you quick response
                      That's correct YOU NOT NEED TO PAY if you have pending I-485. Just send them notice of i-485 and all other docs with the app.

And also getting restrictions off the SS is not smart. You must renew your EAD if you have pending i-485 because EAD will be the valid document to prove you eligible to stay in US.

Comment

That's correct YOU NOT NEED TO PAY if you have pending I-485. Just send them notice of i-485 and all other docs with the app.

And also getting restrictions off the SS is not smart. You must renew your EAD if you have pending i-485 because EAD will be the valid document to prove you eligible to stay in US.
                        Hi ! I asked the same question few weeks before and got an answer here that I do not need EAD , just take off restriction and that?s it . I did went and got clean SSC. I?m pretty sure that paper with pending I485 and clean SSC gives the same information. If you have pending case with USCIS means that you eligible to stay department of homeland security knew about you .
                        Again it my personal opinion that?s what I did . I?m not a lawyer . So pls feel free to do as you like. Also if you have granted asylum status that’s the prove that you legal here
                        Last edited by Sabinan; 02-14-2019, 10:23 AM.

Comment

• Thank you All!

Originally posted by kDon View Post

Thank you kDon, I also asked few immigration lawyers about removing the restrictions off thr SSN but they suggested that I do that after I get the GC. So I will send the application of I-765 along with the receipt letter. Thank you so much again.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Sabinan View Post
                          Hi ! I asked the same question few weeks before and got an answer here that I do not need EAD , just take off restriction and that?s it . I did went and got clean SSC. I?m pretty sure that paper with pending I485 and clean SSC gives the same information. If you have pending case with USCIS means that you eligible to stay department of homeland security knew about you .
                          Again it my personal opinion that?s what I did . I?m not a lawyer . So pls feel free to do as you like. Also if you have granted asylum status that?s the prove that you legal here
                          Hi Sabinan,
                          So, did you renewal your EAD? And when you got to the SS office, did you asked them about working with just the SS with no restriction. Thank you again for your quick reply!

Comment

Thank you kDon, I also asked few immigration lawyers about removing the restrictions off thr SSN but they suggested that I do that after I get the GC. So I will send the application of I-765 along with the receipt letter. Thank you so much again.

- - - Updated - - -

Hi Sabinan,
                            So, did you renewal your EAD? And when you got to the SS office, did you asked them about working with just the SS with no restriction. Thank you again for your quick reply!

No I didn?t do a renewal. When I come to SS office I gave them my asylum approval paper and white card , that?s it . I?m pretty sure it says on your paper that you got with asylum approval that you could take off restriction

Comment

If I were I would get restriction off the SS. Because it is very important.. it will help you if you finance/lease a vehicle etc. And you should get removed the restriction off temp visitor restriction off the drivers license of you have one. You just need the asylum approval letter for all that and little bit of your time. When you have GC in hand you will be free as hell. Good luck with GC.

Comment

If I were I would get restriction off the SS. Because it is very important.. it will help you if you finance/lease a vehicle etc. And you should get removed the restriction off temp visitor restriction off the drivers license of you have one. You just need the asylum approval letter for all that and little bit of your time. When you have GC in hand you will be free as hell. Good luck with GC.
                                Wait kDon are your green card petition is asylum based ? I think I got confused ��*♀️. If you don?t want to answer it?s ok . Sorry I could be perky sometimes.
                                Last edited by Sabinan; 02-14-2019, 05:14 PM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X