Asylum Based i-485

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sabinan View Post
    So happy for everyone who’s cases are moving. But I don’t understand how they process the cases. We filed in March 2018 to Nebraska. On July 2018 case was transferred to Texas. And now I see that they done with August 2018 and processing cases for September 2018 . When they will take care of transferred cases from last summer?????????????????????????
    Seems like your case got caught up in one of those USCIS backlogs or they might be taking more time for the background checks. Do you mind sharing which country are you from?

Comment

So happy for everyone who’s cases are moving. But I don’t understand how they process the cases. We filed in March 2018 to Nebraska. On July 2018 case was transferred to Texas. And now I see that they done with August 2018 and processing cases for September 2018 . When they will take care of transferred cases from last summer?????????????????????????
      I filed in Nebraska also, and in July 2018, It was transferred to Texas Service Center. Hopefully, I am hoping to hear soon about it. My medical has expired its been over a year. Hopefully good news soon!

Comment

• Originally posted by sam1000 View Post

Seems like your case got caught up in one of those USCIS backlogs or they might be taking more time for the background checks. Do you mind sharing which country are you from?
        What kind of background checks?? They did it when I applied for asylum! What should I do? I’m from Ukraine ????????

Comment

• Originally posted by Asylee Expert View Post

I filed in Nebraska also, and in July 2018, It was transferred to Texas Service Center. Hopefully, I am hoping to hear soon about it. My medical has expired its been over a year. Hopefully good news soon!
          Omg same timelines. Our medical also got expired. Just so tired of waiting. Also hope for good news

Comment

What kind of background checks?? They did it when I applied for asylum! What should I do? I’m from Ukraine ????????
            I am just guessing. I do not have any good insight about what happened to your case. I would advise you to wait couple of months and if by that timeframe nothing happens then might be worth trying to create a SR in USCIS website and if that does not help then contacting a congressman perhaps.

Comment

• Originally posted by sam1000 View Post

I am just guessing. I do not have any good insight about what happened to your case. I would advise you to wait couple of months and if by that timeframe nothing happens then might be worth trying to create a SR in USCIS website and if that does not help then contacting a congressman perhaps.
              Thanks for your input . That’s what I was thinking to do .

Comment

• Originally posted by chiccat View Post

There’s no office in Phoenix. It’s a lockbox facility where they process payments.
                Then how do I know where is my case at?

Comment

• Originally posted by Culcapc View Post

Then how do I know where is my case at?
                  Your receipt indicates your service center. LIN - Nebraska

Comment

• Originally posted by chiccat View Post

Your receipt indicates your service center. LIN - Nebraska
                    Not always ... mine was in Nebraska first and transferred to Texas.

Comment

• Asylum granted June 2017
                      green card application July 2018
                      Oct 2018 case transferred to Texas center from Nebraska
                      no updates since then and medicals is about to expire
                      anyone with the same time range and office

Comment

Not always ... mine was in Nebraska first and transferred to Texas.
                        Obviously, you know if your case was transferred to Texas. LIN indicated your case was sent to Nebraska from lockbox.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bobby69 View Post
                          Asylum granted June 2017
                          I have the same situation just different dates.
                          GC application sent March 2018 Nebraska .
                          July 2018 got transferred to Texas . Medical expired in March 2019 . And no updates since the transfer

Comment

I have the same situation just different dates.
                            GC application sent March 2018 Nebraska .
                            July 2018 got transferred to Texas . Medical expired in March 2019 . And no updates since the transfer
                            thanks for updating. Did they ask you for the medical renewal

Comment

Asylum granted June 2017
                              I filed GC at TSC on Aug 2018 and last week I received my GC. I think the current processing time in TSC is about 7-14 months. I advise you to wait till 14 months and even if u do not hear anything may be put a service request at USCIS web site or try to reach out to your congressman.

Comment

thanks for updating. Did they ask you for the medical renewal
                                No . I didn’t hear from them since the transfer in July 2018

Comment

Working...
                                X