Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Asylum Based i-485

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by chaddhaaman View Post

    But it is valid for 7 months yet.
    No problem even it still valid for 11 months you can renew it

    Comment


    • Hi Aisabini, what field office have had an interview?

      Comment


      • Hi guys, can you help me to explain...

        what is different “Case Was Updated To Show Fingerprints Were Taken” and “fingerprint review was completed”?

        thank you

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Loveusa99 View Post
          Hi guys, can you help me to explain...

          what is different “Case Was Updated To Show Fingerprints Were Taken” and “fingerprint review was completed”?

          thank you
          A friend submitted I485 in early August 2019. His case status stopped at 'the case was received' even after walk-in biometrics in September 2019 until recently. Serval days ago, his case status was changed to “Case Was Updated To Show Fingerprints Were Taken.” In my case, the status was changed to 'fingerprint review was completed' the day after walk-in biometrics, one month after application submission which was done in mid-July, 2019. Even so, I couldn't tell the difference between “Case Was Updated To Show Fingerprints Were Taken” and “fingerprint review was completed”

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Loveusa99 View Post
            Hi guys, can you help me to explain...

            what is different “Case Was Updated To Show Fingerprints Were Taken” and “fingerprint review was completed”?

            thank you
            They updated the system. Now they will show "Case Was Updated To Show Fingerprints Were Taken" instead of "Fingerprint review was completed". At least it looks like that.
            I guess the wording was misleading and they updated to make it a little clearer.
            Nov 2018 - Package sent - EB - Texas Service Center
            Day 1 - Package received at the lockbox
            Day 12/34 - Case and Fingerprint Fee Received / Biometrics appointment
            Day 112 - EAD delivered
            Day 195 - Letter for missing I-693
            Day 6xx - no news (retrogression)
            EAD 1st renewal: 2 approved in 24 days, 1 in 133 days

            Comment


            • Anybody know what months is the last approval from Texas Service filed from NY?

              I could find last approval was from july 2018 cases that transferred to TCS.




              Comment


              • Asylees must only travel with a United States issued Refugee Travel Document (Form I-571). If an asylee travels with the passport issued by the country from which he/she has been granted asylum. He/She can be seen as avaliing herself of the protections of her government which could lead to a finding by the U.S. government that she no longer needs asylum protection.

                If, however, an asylee has any criminal convictions in the U.S., he or she should consult with an immigration attorney before travelling outside of the United States.

                ASYLEES should understanding, however, that even after obtaining legal permanent residence, they will have a use a Refugee Travel Document to travel abroad. It is only after an asylee becomes a U.S. citizen that he will be eligible for a U.S. passport. Asylees should also understand that until they obtain U.S. citizenship they cannot travel back to their countries. When they apply to naturalize, they will have to list all international travel after obtaining legal permanent in the United States, and a DHS Official could re-open the asylum grant upon learning that an applicant traveled back to his country of nationality.

                PERMANENT RESIDENTS THROUGH ASYLUM WHEN FLYING FLYING MUST USE A REFUGEE TRAVEL DOCUMENT (FORM 1-571) AND NOT THE PASSPORT OF ONE'S NATIONALITY.

                Comment


                • Hi King24..Philadephia field office as am based in PA.

                  Comment


                  • Hi guys! Just checked progress of TSC and NSC and guess what? Right, they rolled back to November 2017! What a nice present for Christmas!

                    Comment


                    • Good News!!!

                      for the people who filed at the Texas Service Center (TSC), processing times went down.

                      Current processing times are 7 months to 26 months.

                      Happy Holidays Y'all

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by luckycharm4111 View Post
                        Good News!!!

                        for the people who filed at the Texas Service Center (TSC), processing times went down.

                        Current processing times are 7 months to 26 months.

                        Happy Holidays Y'all
                        Texas is moving all the time and people never got green card within 7 months on texas office. I have seen People who got the cards most of them more than one year

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Fru-Fru View Post
                          Hi guys! Just checked progress of TSC and NSC and guess what? Right, they rolled back to November 2017! What a nice present for Christmas!
                          Hi Fru-Fru;

                          What does this mean? Will this change the processing time for the application service centers?

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by jabadama View Post

                            Hi Fru-Fru;

                            What does this mean? Will this change the processing time for the application service centers?
                            Hi! They go back and forth all the time , couple days ago they were processing cases from 2018, yesterday they rolled back to 2017. It means that there is a huge backlog of cases. Today is my 389 day of “waiting game” .

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Hatori1980 View Post

                              Texas is moving all the time and people never got green card within 7 months on texas office. I have seen People who got the cards most of them more than one year
                              Recently, yes I agree but I have seen couple of people from TSC got approved their I-485 within 6 months too.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Fru-Fru View Post

                                Hi! They go back and forth all the time , couple days ago they were processing cases from 2018, yesterday they rolled back to 2017. It means that there is a huge backlog of cases. Today is my 389 day of “waiting game” .
                                That's bad. Did you do any inquiry on USCIS website or talk to customer service about your case status?

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X