Asylum Based i-485

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by luckycharm4111 View Post

There are three options for you to sponsor your wife in your situation as follows

1. As your I-485 is pending, You can apply I-730 for your wife (Assuming you are on Asylee status) and she doesn't have to leave the country for her unlawful presence as Asylee have that waiver.

2. If you apply her for I-485 (AOS) based on your I-485 approval then she has to leave the country, process the AOS in her country.

3. Once you are Citizen then you can apply for her GC and at that time, she doesn't have to leave the country as she will be having the waiver.

In my opinion, I feel the first option would be feasible for her.
    You can apply i730 only you get married before asylum granted.

Comment

• Originally posted by mekus21 View Post

The lower part of your paragraph is the reason you were called for an interview. USCIS doesn't take such associations lightly and would want to verify things before proceeding with your application.
      You may be quite right on this one. Luckily I had long renounced association both psychologically and formally. From what I know, a lot of people from my home country are members of the party or the youth league, but concealed the facts on their immigration applications and may have gotten away with it.

Comment

• is there any people who receive GC , application was received from sept 2019, NBC?

Comment

• I am Sept applicant with NBC too but no update on GC yet. Hoping for the best

Comment

• July, 2018: Asylum Approved

July 2019: Application to register for Permanent resident I-485, Travel Document and EAD sent

Aug 2019: Application received and a case number was assigned.

Aug 2019: Biometrics done

Jan 2020 : EAD Denied

Jan 2020: I:485 RFE

Jan 2020: Travel Document approved

Jan 2020: RFE sent and USCIS received

Feb 12, 2020: My case was approved!!

Thanks for everyone who shared their experience! All the best to everyone waiting. Traveling to London beginning of March and waiting for my card to arrive hope it arrives before March 12th

Comment

• Originally posted by bintimish View Post
              July, 2018: Asylum Approved

July 2019: Application to register for Permanent resident I-485, Travel Document and EAD sent

Thanks for everyone who shared their experience! All the best to everyone waiting. Traveling to London beginning of March and waiting for my card to arrive hope it arrives before March 12th
              Congratulations !!!

Which Service center did you send your I-485?

Comment

• Originally posted by luckycharm4111 View Post

Congratulations !!!

Which Service center did you send your I-485?
                Thanks! Nebraska !

Comment

Thanks! Nebraska !
                  Thank you for you quick reply.

Congrats again and Enjoy your trip!!!!!

Comment

Finally some good news

Comment

Wow! Congratulations

Comment

• https://www.********.com/uscis/curre...d-application/

Comment

• Hello everyone!! Yesterday I got the biometrics appointment that is in 10 days. Does it mean that my case is moving or it just routine work of USCIS to renew all expired ones. It’s now my 15 month of waiting. TSC
                          Last edited by Fru-Fru; 02-15-2020, 02:40 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fru-Fru View Post
                            Hello everyone!! Yesterday I got the biometrics appointment that is in 10 days. Does it mean that my case is moving or it just routine work of USCIS to renew all expired ones. It’s now my 15 month of waiting. TSC
                            this is strange right. I called yesterday tier 2 officer told me I need to do biometrics in 26th feb. I haven't received letter yet. My status has been: "Fingerprint review completed" since dec 2018.
                            Did your status also was before:"Fingerprints completed or taken"? and now you're asked to do again?

Comment

• Hello Everyone,

I had done my biometrics for the form i-485 sometime in march 2019 and i just received another letter asking me to come for a biometrics, is this normal??
                              Last edited by MrAnonymous; 02-15-2020, 09:20 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fru-Fru View Post
                                Hello everyone!! Yesterday I got the biometrics appointment that is in 10 days. Does it mean that my case is moving or it just routine work of USCIS to renew all expired ones. It’s now my 15 month of waiting. TSC
                                Hi Fru, I applied in Nov 2018 at TSC and i received Bio-metric appointments for myself and my wife as well today in mail. I assume that you might also have applied in Nov 2018 . My last status is also "Fingerprint Review Completed as of Dec 0, 2018". I think finally Nov 2018 Cases are in processing.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X