Asylum Based i-485

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by garbage View Post

this is strange right. I called yesterday tier 2 officer told me I need to do biometrics in 26th feb. I haven't received letter yet. My status has been: "Fingerprint review completed" since dec 2018.
    Did your status also was before:"Fingerprints completed or taken"? and now you're asked to do again?
    Hi Garbage, Did you also applied in Nov 2018 at TSC?

Comment

• Originally posted by shuji_pk View Post

Hi Garbage, Did you also applied in Nov 2018 at TSC?
      yes my case is TSC
      applicatioin sent in dec 2018.

It looks like they just started pickip up cases from last year.
      My speculation is that USCIS was waiting for background check that some data/records was not allowed before, such as SNAP, benefit etc?

Comment

yes my case is TSC
        applicatioin sent in dec 2018.

It looks like they just started pickip up cases from last year.
        My speculation is that USCIS was waiting for background check that some data/records was not allowed before, such as SNAP, benefit etc?
        I am saying maybe before USCIS was not checking some background, now after all these policy changes and now they can run it check for inadmissibility or something.

It is **** amazing they just put false statement for over a year to all of us. And when I called officer told me Maybe I did not give fingerprint properly. Bulshit human biometrics don't change untill you die no? I am glad at least something happening, whatever it is I'm ready for only good news now.

Comment

this is strange right. I called yesterday tier 2 officer told me I need to do biometrics in 26th feb. I haven't received letter yet. My status has been: "Fingerprint review completed" since dec 2018.
          Did your status also was before:"Fingerprints completed or taken"? and now you're asked to do again?
          Hi, I filed my I485 on 30 of November 2018 and since then my case status is “Fees were waived”, I didn’t have a biometrics because they reused my previous fingerprints. Yesterday the letter just came stating that I should appear on 24 of February at the application center( it is Atlanta) , but my case status hasn’t changed and even on my USCIS account there’s no new information. I think all of us from the end of 2018 are going to get the biometrics appointments.

Comment

• Originally posted by MrAnonymous View Post
            Hello Everyone,

I had done my biometrics for the form i-485 sometime in march 2019 and i just received another letter asking me to come for a biometrics, is this normal??
            May be it’s a good sign.

Comment

• Originally posted by shuji_pk View Post

Hi Fru, I applied in Nov 2018 at TSC and i received Bio-metric appointments for myself and my wife as well today in mail. I assume that you might also have applied in Nov 2018 . My last status is also "Fingerprint Review Completed as of Dec 0, 2018". I think finally Nov 2018 Cases are in processing.
              Hi! Yes I applied on 30 of November 2018 , and I agree with you, we are finally moving!

Comment

• Same situation. I applied for Green Card on January 2nd, 2019 with TSC since I live in Texas.
                Couple weeks after that I received the notice saying that they gonna use my previous biometrics.
                Today I’ve received the letter asking to show up for biometrics appointment on February 25th, 2020.

P.S. No updates on the case online.

Finally it’s started to move!

Comment

• Originally posted by PushPush View Post
                  Same situation. I applied for Green Card on January 2nd, 2019 with TSC since I live in Texas.
                  Couple weeks after that I received the notice saying that they gonna use my previous biometrics.
                  Today I’ve received the letter asking to show up for biometrics appointment on February 25th, 2020.

P.S. No updates on the case online.

Finally it’s started to move!
                  Pretty Fast Actually

Comment

• Originally posted by Fru-Fru View Post
                    Hello everyone!! Yesterday I got the biometrics appointment that is in 10 days. Does it mean that my case is moving or it just routine work of USCIS to renew all expired ones. It’s now my 15 month of waiting. TSC
                    Consider this good news. Your case/file is now current and ready to be adjudicated on but your previous fingerprints have expired because they are over 1 year old. USCIS cannot proceed without having updated background checks on file, thus you'd have to redo your biometrics. Expect your card approval within 2 weeks from the date done.

Comment

• Originally posted by antihistamine View Post
                      for i485 pending more than a year do we need to renew medical examination or not?
                      Nowadays, the I693 is valid for 2 years from the date USCIS received it. If your case hasn't been pending for more than 2 years, then you should be fine.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hatori1980 View Post

NSC is way more busy than TSC
                        NSC have to accept cases around 10k every 4 months
                        and NSC approves around 10k every 4 months also.
                        TSC accept around 4k but TSC approves only 900 cases
                        from the last 4 months

By the way on the west coast they have more immigrants than east coast.
                        You pretty much corroborated my point that NSC is faster than TSC. Read my paragraph again.

Comment

• Originally posted by mekus21 View Post

Consider this good news. Your case/file is now current and ready to be adjudicated on but your previous fingerprints have expired because they are over 1 year old. USCIS cannot proceed without having updated background checks on file, thus you'd have to redo your biometrics. Expect your card approval within 2 weeks from the date done.
                          if I get my approval 2 weeks after my biometrics I will name my kid after Mekus21

Comment

• Originally posted by mekus21 View Post

Thank you Mekus21! That would be fantastic !

Comment

• Hello everybody,

First time posting here. Have been following for a while, but never posted. I remember reading some posts a while ago about people with similar timeline, just wanted to see if anyone had any updates.

Asylum approved in April 2017.
                              I-485 submitted in May of 2018 to NSC.
                              I-485 transferred to TSC on July 30 of 2018.

No updates after that. I have been following the posted times on the USCIS website, but they keep rolling back... Any hope out there? It'll be 2 years since I submitted the application in a few months..

Thanks for sharing!

Comment

• Originally posted by Jamming1920 View Post
                                Hello everybody,

First time posting here. Have been following for a while, but never posted. I remember reading some posts a while ago about people with similar timeline, just wanted to see if anyone had any updates.

Asylum approved in April 2017.
                                I-485 submitted in May of 2018 to NSC.
                                I-485 transferred to TSC on July 30 of 2018.

No updates after that. I have been following the posted times on the USCIS website, but they keep rolling back... Any hope out there? It'll be 2 years since I submitted the application in a few months..

Thanks for sharing!
                                I have the same situation
                                Asylum approved june 2017
                                Filed 1-485 in July 2018 at NSC
                                I-485 transferred to TSC IN OCT 2018

Haven't heard back since then....
                                Last edited by Bobby69; 02-16-2020, 11:45 AM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X