Asylum Based i-485

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Trinity01 View Post
    Got my fingerprints appointment for feb 27th. Applied for GC in May 2019.
    Same here!!! Keep us posted please

Comment

• Originally posted by gtaid1 View Post

Thank you, I read on many websites if you travel without Advance Parole while Green Card pending, your green card application is considered canceled. I couldn't find any information if this applies to GC through asylum too or is just for other GC application (like through marriage, etc)
      All of the information you need is on USCIS.gov, I am certain it is there.

Comment

• Hi Everyone,

I've been checking into this forum for 2 years now, so its only fair I provide my timeline:

Aug-2018 : LGBT Humanitarian Asylum Granted

Oct-2019 : AOS i485 filed & received by Nebraska Service Center
        Nov 14 2019: Bio-metrics Taken
        Nov 16 2019: Fingerprint Review Completed.

Just playing the waiting game now, I feel like if I had applied my i485 in AUG like I was supposed to, maybe it would be done by now based on what I've seen from other Nebraska filers...

I had some questions:

Has anyone ever traveled on their National passport with their Asylum Based GC? Any advice on that? My lawyer says this shouldnt be an issue as they all say it is.

Second: How is your experience using a RTD, getting visas and recognition for it in foreign countries.

Comment

• I got Bio FP for I-131, is that usually request for FP?

Comment

• Originally posted by ahmedA380 View Post
            I got Bio FP for I-131, is that usually request for FP?
            Yes, Its common.

Comment

• Hello everyone!

This thread has been so helpful. I was wondering if someone can help me with me some basic questions. I was granted Asylum in 2018 and I applied for my green card back in September last year. I got my bio appointment a month later and still waiting so far. I applied with the correct filing fees for the green card, but I was rejected for the i-765 application to renew my EAD because I didn't pay for it. I assumed I didn't have to pay for it. Is that an incorrect assumption? If the payment is required I would rather not renew it considering how much it cost to get the green card.

I ignored the rejection notice so far. Not sure what to do? Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by luckycharm4111 View Post

Wow that's awesome. If you don't mind, which ASC location was yours?

All you need to see whether your GC will get approved in next couple of weeks as couple of our friends said.

I am sure your status would have updated to "CASE WAS UPDATED TO SHOW FINGERPRINTS WERE TAKEN" after you are done with bio metrics.

Good Luck and I'm keeping fingers cross for you.
                Thanks!

You’re right. Yesterday I did fingerprints and today status got updated to "CASE WAS UPDATED TO SHOW FINGERPRINTS WERE TAKEN"

ASC I went to at 13155 Northwest Fwy, Houston, TX 77040

Comment

• Hello Everyone!

This thread have been very helpful. I have some basic questions I would appreciate it if anyone can answer. I was granted Asylum in 2018 and applied for green card back in September of last year. Got fingerprinted a month later and still waiting. It's been about 5 months which is within reason for Nebraska process center. Anyhow, I also applied for EAD renewal and didn't pay the fees for the i-765. I assumed it would be free. I got a rejection letter for the i-765 saying I didn't pay the right fees. Did I make the wrong assumption? Anyhow, I ignored the letter. Not sure what to do? Thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by PushPush View Post

Thanks!

You’re right. Yesterday I did fingerprints and today status got updated to "CASE WAS UPDATED TO SHOW FINGERPRINTS WERE TAKEN"

ASC I went to at 13155 Northwest Fwy, Houston, TX 77040
                    Thank you for your reply.

I hope we here a good new soon.

Comment

• Originally posted by cub411 View Post
                      Hello everyone!

This thread has been so helpful. I was wondering if someone can help me with me some basic questions. I was granted Asylum in 2018 and I applied for my green card back in September last year. I got my bio appointment a month later and still waiting so far. I applied with the correct filing fees for the green card, but I was rejected for the i-765 application to renew my EAD because I didn't pay for it. I assumed I didn't have to pay for it. Is that an incorrect assumption? If the payment is required I would rather not renew it considering how much it cost to get the green card.

I ignored the rejection notice so far. Not sure what to do? Thanks
                      Yes, this happen to couple of people where they have to pay and couple of people where they don't have to pay.

I don't know exactly what's going on with USCIS but after spending the money on I-485, EAD renewal should be free.

Comment

• Originally posted by cub411 View Post
                        Hello Everyone!

This thread have been very helpful. I have some basic questions I would appreciate it if anyone can answer. I was granted Asylum in 2018 and applied for green card back in September of last year. Got fingerprinted a month later and still waiting. It's been about 5 months which is within reason for Nebraska process center. Anyhow, I also applied for EAD renewal and didn't pay the fees for the i-765. I assumed it would be free. I got a rejection letter for the i-765 saying I didn't pay the right fees. Did I make the wrong assumption? Anyhow, I ignored the letter. Not sure what to do? Thanks.
                        Since you’re an asylee and you’ve filed for Renewal you have to pay the fee.
                        You wouldn’t have to pay the fee if it was your initial application for EAD.
                        I guess confusion here starts cause of the “Note” on page 24 of I-765 instructions. But since it is said “... to request employment authorization...” I assume it is for initial EAD.
                        But I might be wrong...
                        And remember that you don’t have to have EAD since you’re an asylee now.

Here’s the link to calculate your fee.

Comment

• Me too got a letter to do biometric again, I think it is a good sign. Finger crossed ????

Comment

• luckycharm4111

Me too. Let us hope that they are going to process our GC application

Comment

• Originally posted by Asylee Expert View Post

All of the information you need is on USCIS.gov, I am certain it is there.
                              I checked USCIS websites, there are pages that say if you travel while GC application pending without Advance Parole it means you are abandoning BUT it doesn't specify what type of GC.
                              There are other pages about Asylees traveling and it says you need to have Refugee Travel Document.

I couldn't find ANYTHING about Asylees traveling while their GC application pending. So I wan confused and asked to see if anyone has traveled with RTD here while their GC was pending and if there was any issues ?

Comment

• Originally posted by gtaid1 View Post

I checked USCIS websites, there are pages that say if you travel while GC application pending without Advance Parole it means you are abandoning BUT it doesn't specify what type of GC.
                                There are other pages about Asylees traveling and it says you need to have Refugee Travel Document.

I couldn't find ANYTHING about Asylees traveling while their GC application pending. So I wan confused and asked to see if anyone has traveled with RTD here while their GC was pending and if there was any issues ?
                                I've traveled with RTD right after my asylum granted. There was no issue when I returned they did not ask much at the airport which I was very worried. Maybe because I traveled for a 10 days only. I feel you with all these hype and changes going on you want to be 110%.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X