Asylum Based i-485

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by garbage View Post

Thank you! I think they cancelled for NY residence Global Entry thing but for sure I will look into to it. I love this country but in terms of citizenship I want to try to pickup some skills/education that globally accepted that way if anything I can move away with my son Mekus
    Ha-ha-ha, what if it’s a beautiful girl??

Comment

• Originally posted by Asylee Expert View Post

I am sorry to hear about your experience! You are always welcome to seek the services of a Mental Health Professional if things has not changed. I am unsure as to the source of your depression, as you were an asylee with the ability to legally work and travel. Congratulations on your Permanent Residency! Be well!
      Thank you. I see you helping out here a lot. You're credit to the community.

It's the freedom, free of mind. I was mentally exhausted by the time my asylum was approved. Uncertainty... I could work yes, by 2nd year of my arrival I became self-employed so never really needed work permit nor didn't need apply for any job. I could travel is a little bit stretch it is high high risk, as you know it ain't that straight forward.

I do creative work. Let say I promise to a client, job will be delivered approximately next week. And after a week, I say I'm working on it maybe another 2 days. And another 2 days. Clients just gave up also leaves negative reviews and never trusts me again. Fair enough? Yes! Now imagine the 10 years. If i knew from the beginning that would be different mindset. Just like if I'd say to a client 30 days instead of 7. You get the point. I was going crazy Partly because back home there's law and there's reality. You've gotta make moves by those realities such as corruption. Doing dirty etc. that is exactly why I end up political asylum right? Started to think shieet probably here also same way, not same but similar way. of course I was wrong I should've been just patient..
      Now that I'm approved, Right now I am like an actor Christian bale on movie Machinist. no freaking problem. Health can be improved, wealth can acquired those are straight forward. It's up to me. I have a choice.

Comment

• Originally posted by bintimish View Post

Mekusa can you apply for Global entry with a travel document? I recently got my green card and love to travel but I only have TD I don't have a passport.
        Yes sir! You are able to apply for Global Entry. I did, but it is has been discontinued in New York by the Trump Administration. If you are living in New York, you cannot apply for global entry or have the ability to renew it either, but only if you are in New York. I am still awaiting the refund for my Global Entry. I am waiting for the governor of New York and the Trump Administration to come to an agreement. If you are not in New York, you are welcome to apply. Happy Applying!

Comment

• Originally posted by Asylee Expert View Post

Yes sir! You are able to apply for Global Entry. I did, but it is has been discontinued in New York by the Trump Administration. If you are living in New York, you cannot apply for global entry or have the ability to renew it either, but only if you are in New York. I am still awaiting the refund for my Global Entry. I am waiting for the governor of New York and the Trump Administration to come to an agreement. If you are not in New York, you are welcome to apply. Happy Applying!
          Thanks Asylee Expert. All the best and I hope New York and the Government agree on a deal soon. I will send my application today for Global entry. I hope it will be valid for 5 years even thou my travel document is only valid for one year.

Comment

• It is fundamentally important that people continue to live their lives. Your permanent residency card will come when it is processed and approved by an Immigration Officer. Travel, work and enjoy life! As an asylee or pending permanent residency status, there are no restrictions, you are able to take vacations, work and just live your life. Things will happen in time. It can be discouraging but enjoy life as much as you can, enjoy life like there is no tomorrow. Things to remember:

- If you are an asylee with a pending application for permanent residency, Form I-485, You are allowed to travel outside of the United States without penalty. However, on your return, you will have a few minutes in secondary inspection to verify your document and your status.

- If you are in asylee status, you are legally able to work based on your status as an asylee, for employment, you are only required to have a State ID and a Unrestricted Social Security Card to fill out the Employment Eligibility Verification Form, If you encounter any issues, You can report same to the Office of Special Counsel for Immigration-Related Unfair Employment Practices for help. (This office, also known as OSC, is a government agency that looks into charges of immigration-related job discrimination. It has a toll-free telephone number you can call: 1-800-255-7688.)

- The U.S. Refugee Travel, Form I-571 is used in lieu of a passport and is accepted for international travel. To apply for it, use Form I-131.

- Even after you have been granted permanent residency, You must continue to use your U.S. Refugee Travel Document, Form I-571 until you have become a U.S. Citizen. Do not use your passport from your country of origin, as you are subjecting yourself to the protections of such a country.

- Finally, for those that have been granted their permanent residency card, Congratulations! If you intend to travel to Canada by air, You will be required to have your U.S. Refugee Travel Document, Form I-571, an ETA, Electronic Travel Authorization and your Permanent Residency Card. If you encounter any issues travelling, you are welcome to contact me, Happy Traveling!

Comment

Thanks Asylee Expert. All the best and I hope New York and the Government agree on a deal soon. I will send my application today for Global entry. I hope it will be valid for 5 years even thou my travel document is only valid for one year.
              You are welcome! Do NOT apply for Global Entry, it is temporarily halted in New York. I don't think you are able to apply anyways as the Trust Traveler Program, Global Entry is suspended as now because of the Trump Administration. I still have not received my refund yet.

Comment

• Hey guys I have been following this thread and I would like to share my info.
                Asylum granted on 01/11/2019
                Sent AOS on 01/22/2020
                Did Biometrics on 02/21/2020
                TSC is so slow I pray I get my green card soon

Comment

thank you. My goodness. I can't sit straight right now. I don't really have no one to share this good news, because for the past 2 years I was in deep depression. Lost interest in everything. I was deteriorating severely. Cut off all connections. I guess God or whoever is up there heard me.

my timeline from start:
                  2010 - US arrival
                  2015 - Asylum aproval
                  2018 - dec - Application sent Texas service center
                  2020 - feb 27 - Biometrics
                  2020 - march 2 - New card is being produced.

I love you all. It was tremendous help morally for me I was reading posts, experiences almost everyday here. Wish everyone who is waiting best of luck!

Hey Guys,

I've been reading the thread for a longer time, checking other people's timelines, especially from the moment of their fingerprints to the status of the card being produced. From my personal observations, It is usually a period of 4-6 monthson average.

The case above is a 4 days period frombiometrics to the card being produced, which is amazing, and I hope all of us get it that fast. I just think this looks more of a lucky exception.

I have submitted my biometrics on Feb 25 and still have not heard anything. I filed my application almost a year ago at TSC.

Good Luck to all of us!

Comment

• Originally posted by Jasmine22 View Post

Hey Guys,

I've been reading the thread for a longer time, checking other people's timelines, especially from the moment of their fingerprints to the status of the card being produced. From my personal observations, It is usually a period of 4-6 monthson average.

The case above is a 4 days period frombiometrics to the card being produced, which is amazing, and I hope all of us get it that fast. I just think this looks more of a lucky exception.

I have submitted my biometrics on Feb 25 and still have not heard anything. I filed my application almost a year ago at TSC.

Good Luck to all of us!
                    I know sometimes people get lucky with that.But usually it takes around 4 weeks after the 2nd fingerprints if they ask for because if they ask for your FP again that means they were processing your case and they needed updated fingerprints again as per my lawyer and usually it takes around 3-4 weeks to get a background check from the FBI and if everything goes well in background check, the next step is case approval and card printing.
                    Hope everything goes according to the same plan for us and we get out GC this month or max by mid April.

Good Luck!

Comment

Mekusa can you apply for Global entry with a travel document? I recently got my green card and love to travel but I only have TD I don't have a passport.
                      Yes you could apply with your TD. You would need your green card also to prove that you are a permanent resident. Goodluck!

Comment

• Originally posted by Sahil728 View Post

I know sometimes people get lucky with that.But usually it takes around 4 weeks after the 2nd fingerprints if they ask for because if they ask for your FP again that means they were processing your case and they needed updated fingerprints again as per my lawyer and usually it takes around 3-4 weeks to get a background check from the FBI and if everything goes well in background check, the next step is case approval and card printing.
                        Hope everything goes according to the same plan for us and we get out GC this month or max by mid April.

Good Luck!
                        Gosh!!

If I received my GC by the end of March 2020, I'd call my son Sahil
                        Last edited by Jasmine22; 03-06-2020, 04:07 PM.

Comment

• hi
                          I was reading this post for some time I like to share my timeline
                          assylum approved Apr 2018

green card apply with RTD JULY 2019
                          RTD APROVED JANUARY 2020
                          2nd Fp for I 485 feb 25 2020
                          waiting again
                          Texas s center

Comment

• Originally posted by Jasmine22 View Post

Gosh!!

If I received my GC by the end of March 2020, I'd call my son Sahil
                            Now i really wish you get it in March.

Comment

• Good morning to all,

I am new to this forum and thank you all for sharing your information. Here is my timeline:

Nebraska Service Center (NSC)

January 14th, 2019: Asylum approved
                              January 15th, 2020: I-485 application sent
                              January 22nd, 2020: Fingerprint Fee was received / Biometrics appointment received (Status update)
                              Match 6th, 2020: Biometrics done (Originally scheduled for February 26th but I had to reschedule)
                              March 7th, 2020: Biometrics Applied to the Case (Status Update)

I also had 2 fingerprints from my right hand and a face picture taken. The gentleman told me that they needed only 2 fingerprints because it was only to confirm it was me. They will actually use my previous FP taken from the asylum case in my I-485 case.

I am actually impressed on how fast my case is moving. I wish everyone's applications move fast too. Best wishes!!

Comment

thank you. My goodness. I can't sit straight right now. I don't really have no one to share this good news, because for the past 2 years I was in deep depression. Lost interest in everything. I was deteriorating severely. Cut off all connections. I guess God or whoever is up there heard me.

my timeline from start:
                                2010 - US arrival
                                2015 - Asylum aproval
                                2018 - dec - Application sent Texas service center
                                2020 - feb 27 - Biometrics
                                2020 - march 2 - New card is being produced.

I love you all. It was tremendous help morally for me I was reading posts, experiences almost everyday here. Wish everyone who is waiting best of luck!
                                This mean TSC finished 12000 cases
                                so mine applied march 2019 I believe mine will be the next quarter of April-June 2020
                                because when I applied around 14000 cases were pending

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X