Asylum Based i-485

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Asylee Expert View Post

You can check out my blog about travelling with U.S. Refugee Travel Document, Form I-571 and it is listed below. I have travelled to several destinations with the U.S. Refugee Travel Document, Form I-571. There are several factors to consider before travelling, some destinations are visa free, some requires notification to the foreign mission or consulate office of your arrival prior to arrival, others your U.S. Refugee Travel Document, Form I-571 must be valid for a certain amount of time but once again, it all depends on your destination. There are other facts like your nationality, because of your nationality, you may have some visa free access to several countries and if you are a permanent resident you may also have some visa free access to some countries also.

I personally only travel to visa free destinations, at this time, however, many of the visa applications are very simple but again, it all depends on the destination you intend to visit. I am quite acquainted with the rules of travelling with such a document, especially using a U.S. Refugee Travel Document, Form I-571 as I am a Permanent Resident as a result of an asylum case and I had previous worked in Airline Passenger Services.

I will conclude on this note, Asylees and Permanent Residents through asylum must travel with U.S. Refugee Travel Document, Form I-571 and never use the PASSPORT of your nationality to travel. Be well everyone and be safe!
    What's your blog address?

Comment

• Originally posted by luckycharm4111 View Post

Congrats!!!!!

NO WONDER ITS NEBRASKA SERVICE CENTER.

I remember that one person who applied in NOV 2019 got approved in NSC which was latest.

Texas Service Center is still processing 2018 cases. I doubt that it will process 2019 cases anytime soon.......
      Cheeer up I have a feeling we’ll receive our gcs soon

Comment

• Originally posted by nar_ View Post

Cheeer up I have a feeling we’ll receive our gcs soon
        I hope so..........

Comment

• Hi guys! I have a quick question and I appreciate the support here. My EAD is about to expire on June 3rd. I'm an asylee with pending AOS and I filed for a EAD renewal back in February of this year, receipt date being Feb 10th. I know as an asylee you can still work without EAD but some employers require it, including mine. I also know that I get an automatic 180 day renewal but my question is, do I have to inform my employer of all of this? Do you know if they have to update something in their records or system because of expiration date even if there is automatic renewal? Thanks in advance for help

Comment

• Originally posted by mmbt View Post
            Hi guys! I have a quick question and I appreciate the support here. My EAD is about to expire on June 3rd. I'm an asylee with pending AOS and I filed for a EAD renewal back in February of this year, receipt date being Feb 10th. I know as an asylee you can still work without EAD but some employers require it, including mine. I also know that I get an automatic 180 day renewal but my question is, do I have to inform my employer of all of this? Do you know if they have to update something in their records or system because of expiration date even if there is automatic renewal? Thanks in advance for help
            You can provide your copy of unrestricted social security card + valid state ID , in my experience that was all needed. They can use those for E-Verify and it will show you are authorized to work!
            But yeah you do have option to renew your EAD too because I-485 pending.

Comment

I hope so..........
              Your case is being processed in TSC too right?

Comment

• My EAD got approved this week, I still have a pending I-485. I applied to tsc.
                I'm hoping to have my green card approved soon, hopefully

Comment

• Originally posted by nar_ View Post

Your case is being processed in TSC too right?
                  Yes, I applied I-485 case in April 2019 at TSC and did my biometrics in Feb 2020.

What about you?

Are you primary or derivative Asylee ?
                  Last edited by luckycharm4111; 05-22-2020, 06:08 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by MrAnonymous View Post
                    My EAD got approved this week, I still have a pending I-485. I applied to tsc.
                    I'm hoping to have my green card approved soon, hopefully
                    Same here, last month got my EAD and been more than year waiting for Green Card.

I heard people saying that if your EAD is approved while your green card is pending then we can't expect green card decision anytime soon.

God please help us all !!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by gtaid1 View Post

What's your blog address?
                      Here it is, I thought I had attached it to my response.
                      Last edited by ceci1073; 05-22-2020, 12:05 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by mmbt View Post
                        Hi guys! I have a quick question and I appreciate the support here. My EAD is about to expire on June 3rd. I'm an asylee with pending AOS and I filed for a EAD renewal back in February of this year, receipt date being Feb 10th. I know as an asylee you can still work without EAD but some employers require it, including mine. I also know that I get an automatic 180 day renewal but my question is, do I have to inform my employer of all of this? Do you know if they have to update something in their records or system because of expiration date even if there is automatic renewal? Thanks in advance for help
                        IF YOU ARE AN ASYLEE (ASYLUM GRANTED), YOU DO NOT REQUIRE A EAD, EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION DOCUMENT TO WORK IN THE UNITED STATES!

Let's discuss the law, In the HANDBOOK FOR EMPLOYERS M-274 on USCIS, United States Citizenship and Immigration Services website SECTION 6.3 REFUGEES AND ASYLEES

Refugees and asylees are authorized to work indefinitely because of their immigration status does not expire.

After being granted ASYLUM in the United States, The Department of Homeland Security issues a FORM I-94, ARRIVAL/DEPARTURE RECORD, to asylees. FORM I-94 will contain a stamp or notation such as "ASYLUM GRANTED INDEFINITELY" or the appropriate provision of the law (8 CFR 274.a.12(a)(5) or INA 208) to show their employment authorization. An ASYLEE can also present an electronic FORM I-94 with an admission class of "AY".

FORM I-94 is an acceptable LIST C document and does not EXPIRE. Asylees who choose to present this document must also present a LIST B identity document, such as state-issued driver's license or identification card.

USCIS issue EADs to asylees. These are acceptable LIST A documents; however, decisions from immigration judges or the Board of Immigration Appeals (BIA)i granting asylum are not acceptable LIST C documents because they are not issued by Department of Homeland Security.

IF YOUR EMPLOYER REFUSES TO ACCEPT THE DOCUMENTS AS PROOF OF YOUR WORK AUTHORIZATION,Such a demand is DOCUMENT ABUSE, and should be reported to the Office of Special Counsel for Immigration-Related Unfair Employment Practices.

FEDERAL LAW PROHIBITS UNFAIR DOCUMENTARY practices related to verifying the employment eligibility of employees.

Under the law that IER enforces, when verifying a workers employment authorization, employers of any size are not allowed to demand more or different documents than necessary, request specific documents, or reject reasonably genuine looking documents because of a workers citizenship, immigration status or national origin. This type of discrimination generally happens during the FORM I-9 and E-VERIFY processes. The part of the law that prohibits this type of discrimination is at 8 U.S.C 1324B(A)(6).

IF YOU FEEL YOU HAVE SUFFERED THIS FORM OF DISCRIMINATION, FILE A CHARGE HERE https://www.justice.gov/crt/filing-charge OR CALL THE WORKER HOTLINE AT 1 800 255 7688. IF YOUR EMPLOYER HAS QUESTIONS ABOUT THE ANTI-DISCRIMINATION PROVISION OF THE INA, LET THEM CALL THE EMPLOYERS HOTLINE 1 800 25 5 8155
                        Last edited by Asylee Expert; 05-22-2020, 11:42 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Asylee Expert View Post

Here it is, I thought I had attached it to my response.
                          i have refugee travel document and i am waiting for green card from my lovely texsas centre can some one tell me with rtd and green card can i travel to uae or i heard uae not recognise the refugee travle document
                          Last edited by ceci1073; 05-22-2020, 12:05 PM.

Comment

• any one here who travle uk canada or uae with refugee travle document please share your experience for both immigration arrivals

Comment

Yes, I applied I-485 case in April 2019 at TSC and did my biometrics in Feb 2020.

What about you?

Are you primary or derivative Asylee ?
                              Primary
                              Mine is TSC too
                              They received my application in January 2019, hope won’t take long

Comment

• hi does anybody has experience or anybody has filed writ of mandamus . my case is pending in tsc

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X