Asylum Based i-485

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by luckycharm4111 View Post

I guess nothing wrong in giving a try but as your AOS is still pending that mean you are on the Asylee status.

Getting the tourist visa for your parents based on your asylee status is highly unlikely.
    “ Can I apply after AOS (i485) approval?

Comment

• Originally posted by Hatori1980 View Post

It depends on your parents profile my parents got tourist visas
      last year they had been asked at us embassy “what status did your son has in the US?” They told them political asylum.
      After three days 10 years visa in hands.
      “Great. It looks like your parents have permanent jobs. Yes my parents do have strong home ties.
      if my family members already got tourist visa, can they come just to visit me?”

Comment

• Originally posted by rmy51116 View Post

“ Can I apply after AOS (i485) approval?
        As you see one of the Asylees ( Hatori1980) did it.

You can gave it a shot but it will be different from case to case and officer to officer.

I hope your parents get the visa.

Comment

• Has anyone here been interviewed for the AOS after came to the US with an I-730 approved? or know a similar case?
          I am asking because I filled a case inquiry and I got a response for the Asylum office, instead TSC. They just told me that my address was updated, no more info.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zidane View Post
            Has anyone here been interviewed for the AOS after came to the US with an I-730 approved? or know a similar case?
            I am asking because I filled a case inquiry and I got a response for the Asylum office, instead TSC. They just told me that my address was updated, no more info.
            Can you please share your timeline and Did you do I-730 inside the US ?

Comment

As you see one of the Asylees ( Hatori1980) did it.

You can gave it a shot but it will be different from case to case and officer to officer.

I hope your parents get the visa.
              Thank you.

Comment

Can you please share your timeline and Did you do I-730 inside the US ?
                2017-February: I-730 Filled by my mom (Principal Asylee)
                2017-May: I-730 Approved, and case transfered to NVC (National Visa Center)
                2017-July: Interviewed in my country. Case approved
                2017-August: Came to the US. I got a parole, I-94, as "Deravtive Asylee"
                2018-September: Filled I-485 based on grant asylum more the 1 year ago
                2018-October: Fingerprint.
                Since then, any update.

Just wanna add that even though I was over 21 years in 2017, I was and have been treated as a child under 21 years only because I was 19 years old at the moment my mom asked for asylum back in 2013.

Comment

• Originally posted by rmy51116 View Post
                  Can our parents apply for tourist visa if we are under Asylum based i485 AOS.
                  Yes they can. But for them get approved they have to show strong ties to their home country. Good Luck!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by nar_ View Post

Congrats!!!! Mine is so close to yours 2019 January, hope wont wait too long.
                    hi I am new to this site , did they send you or anyone here request for initial evidence ? I just checked my status and it says we sent you a request for initial evidence I am worried what are u going to ask more I have been waiting for more then 18 month since I applied for i-485 , during this time I have visited my father back him when he was sick for 3 weeks I am worried that will become a problem , pls anything let me know guys thanks all.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jonik1020 View Post

hi I am new to this site , did they send you or anyone here request for initial evidence ? I just checked my status and it says we sent you a request for initial evidence I am worried what are u going to ask more I have been waiting for more then 18 month since I applied for i-485 , during this time I have visited my father back him when he was sick for 3 weeks I am worried that will become a problem , pls anything let me know guys thanks all.
                      I went to my country too for a similar season , my lawyer said , it would not cause any problems but lets see.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jonik1020 View Post

Your visit to see your father won't be a problem unless you don't have a strong documentation.

Most of the times they ask for the Birth certificate and let us know once you get the RFE letter what they asked for?

Can you please share your timelines ? Service center?

As you are new, below post from Zidane has the timeline, same way if you can have yours that may help us every one to understand processing time.
                        Last edited by luckycharm4111; 05-27-2020, 02:50 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zidane View Post

2017-February: I-730 Filled by my mom (Principal Asylee)
                          2017-May: I-730 Approved, and case transfered to NVC (National Visa Center)
                          2017-July: Interviewed in my country. Case approved
                          2017-August: Came to the US. I got a parole, I-94, as "Deravtive Asylee"
                          2018-September: Filled I-485 based on grant asylum more the 1 year ago
                          2018-October: Fingerprint.
                          Since then, any update.

Just wanna add that even though I was over 21 years in 2017, I was and have been treated as a child under 21 years only because I was 19 years old at the moment my mom asked for asylum back in 2013.
                          Which service center?

Comment

which service center?
                            tsc

Comment

• Originally posted by gtaid1 View Post

Thank you for sharing, at least it's a relief to know it wasn't just me
                              They gave me a letter saying that I don't have enough ties to any country (including USA) and they cannot determine if I will go back to US after my visit to Canada.
                              We got the same reason. It looked like the file was never opened, they just put this paper on top of the file and send it back. I was shocked to see that reason. I mean like what you were thinking, that someone after spending years in US immigration court now asylum approved gonna go to canada and gonna stay there for what? Filing another asylum there? You got the embassy fee’s, I aint coming here no more. Just let my get my green card, no visa bullshit

Comment

• Originally posted by hammy2581 View Post

We got the same reason. It looked like the file was never opened, they just put this paper on top of the file and send it back. I was shocked to see that reason. I mean like what you were thinking, that someone after spending years in US immigration court now asylum approved gonna go to canada and gonna stay there for what? Filing another asylum there? You got the embassy fee’s, I aint coming here no more. Just let my get my green card, no visa bullshit
                                Yes it was BS! Like after working and waiting in US for 6 years, I wasn't going to move to Canada. Besides I have really good job and salary here that I don't think Canada can even compete... which apparently wasn't enough for Canada.

Anyways, if you want to visit an English speaking country, Ireland gives visa much easier to asylees and their process is very fast, also very friendly! I got my visa in a week by mail but unfortunately didn't travel due to COVID19 restrictions.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X