Asylum Based i-485

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi everyone,
    my husband and I filled our i-485 in August 2019 and got our fingerprint done in October 2019 at Nebraska center.
    Today our cases got updated to “Case Transferred And New Office Has Jurisdiction”!!!
    We have no idea what this means. Anyone had similar experience or know what this means?
    They also mentioned they sent you a notice that explains why they moved our case. I’ll update you once we get the letter!!!

Comment

• badbunny my husband from indonesia.

Comment

• Originally posted by Drshabs View Post
        Hi everyone,
        my husband and I filled our i-485 in August 2019 and got our fingerprint done in October 2019 at Nebraska center.
        Today our cases got updated to “Case Transferred And New Office Has Jurisdiction”!!!
        We have no idea what this means. Anyone had similar experience or know what this means?
        They also mentioned they sent you a notice that explains why they moved our case. I’ll update you once we get the letter!!!
        There are two possibilities which are

1. You sent your application to the wrong jurisdiction may be you belong to Texas service center jurisdiction but you sent to Nebraska center.

Which state you filed your application ?

2. Sent your application to field office to schedule for an interview [may be possible but highly unlikely in the current situation]

Are you principal Asylee or derivative Asylee?

Comment

• We live in California, so we sent our files to Nebraska. My husband is principal Asylee and I am derivative Asylee. They transferred both cases...

Comment

We live in California, so we sent our files to Nebraska. My husband is principal Asylee and I am derivative Asylee. They transferred both cases...
            I may be wrong too but probably It looks like they will be scheduling the interview at the local USCIS office.

I am not sure about principal asylee as they went through the interview process already but derivative asylee is possible only if they came through I-730 petition and didn't have interview while entering the country.

Just curious you were on his asylum application or did he file I-730 for you ?

Did you have your interview if you filed I-730 petition ?
            Last edited by luckycharm4111; 05-06-2020, 02:35 PM.

Comment

• Thank you for your response. I was on his asylum application from the beginning and he did not file I-730 for me. I was present during his asylum interview.

Comment

Hi everyone,
                Last edited by Fru-Fru; 05-06-2020, 07:20 PM. Reason: Where is the link?? Its official link

Comment

• @Drshabs Did you see my message before it was deleted?

Comment

• Originally posted by Fru-Fru View Post
                    @Drshabs Did you see my message before it was deleted?
                    What was it and what it is about?

Comment

Thank you for your response. I was on his asylum application from the beginning and he did not file I-730 for me. I was present during his asylum interview.
                      Wow, it is really interesting to see why they have transferred your case to another jurisdiction.

Please keep us posted.

Comment

• Originally posted by luckycharm4111 View Post

What was it and what it is about?
                        It was about the reasons for transfering cases ,

A pending application/petition may be transferred to a different officer or jurisdiction for several reasons, such as (but not limited to):
                        • The application/petition was not filed in the proper jurisdiction;
                        • The applicant/petitioner now resides within another jurisdiction;
                        • An application/petition pending at a service center appears to warrant a personal interview at a field office;
                        • A supervisory officer transfers workload to another officer within the same jurisdiction; or
                        • Regulations require transfer of an application/petition to another office for specific action.

Comment

• Originally posted by luckycharm4111 View Post

Wow, it is really interesting to see why they have transferred your case to another jurisdiction.

Please keep us posted.
                          Sure, will do!

Comment

• Originally posted by Fru-Fru View Post

It was about the reasons for transfering cases ,

A pending application/petition may be transferred to a different officer or jurisdiction for several reasons, such as (but not limited to):
                            • The application/petition was not filed in the proper jurisdiction;
                            • The applicant/petitioner now resides within another jurisdiction;
                            • An application/petition pending at a service center appears to warrant a personal interview at a field office;
                            • A supervisory officer transfers workload to another officer within the same jurisdiction; or
                            • Regulations require transfer of an application/petition to another office for specific action.
                            Thank you! My only guess would be having an interview at a field office then...

Comment

• I have a pending green card application based asylum, if i want to travel outside of the USA what should apply for? and is there any difference if I got my green card than before it is approved or same application...thank u

Comment

• Originally posted by Jasmine22 View Post

Hey! I am stuck since March 2019 with TSC
                                Me too.. March 2019 - TSC! Just hoping for the best!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X