Clear All

• Originally posted by PushPush View Post
    Good news finally.

My timeline:
    December 2017 - Asylum approved
    January 2019 - Filed I-485 to TSC since I live in Texas
    February 2020 - Fingerprint appointment
    October 2020 - New card is being produced

So total waiting time for me is 20 months (Texas Service Center)

P.S. Originally I’m from Russia and my Asylum was granted by Asylum office.
    Congrats!!! I have same timeline and I'm almost from the same place (Kazakhstan). I'm still waiting for the GC. Anyway, it's good sign for me.
    Last edited by leontheneon; 10-06-2020, 08:50 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zidane View Post
      Hey guys! I applied for I-765 and I-131 (Work Permit and Travel Document respectively) about 4 weeks ago, and I haven't received any I-797C yet. I didn't pay anything since I sitll have pending I-485, from October 2018. Is it currently normal to take that long to get a reply? How may I know if they actually received it? As per USPS track, the packages were delivered on time at USCIS facility. Usually it takes 2 weeks to get a Notice of Action, no matter what it says.
      Yes, currently it is normal and taking 6-8 weeks to get the receipt.

If you really want to see whether they accepted your application or not, you can call the USCIS Customer Service to see and get the receipt number from them.

Comment

• Originally posted by luckycharm4111 View Post

It is possible to get the GC if you file your 485 at Nebraska Service Center. It is taking maximum 1 year to get GC.

But Texas Service Center, it will take years to get the GC unfortunately I am one of them
        I just received my I-797 case number. But, the case number start with MSC. I am not sure what MSC mean.

Comment

• Originally posted by KamlamLA View Post

I just received my I-797 case number. But, the case number start with MSC. I am not sure what MSC mean.
          MSC is for National Benefits Center. That means your case will be handled by National Benefit Center. I'm not sure why, which state do you live?

Comment

• Originally posted by gtaid1 View Post

MSC is for National Benefits Center. That means your case will be handled by National Benefit Center. I'm not sure why, which state do you live?
            I live in California and I was so surprised by this case number. Does it mean I will be ask for an interview or something?

Comment

• Originally posted by KamlamLA View Post

I live in California and I was so surprised by this case number. Does it mean I will be ask for an interview or something?
              Not necessarily mean interview.
              Very rare for asylee i485 processed by MSC. Best wishes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Goldbear in CA View Post

Not necessarily mean interview.
                Very rare for asylee i485 processed by MSC. Best wishes.
                Thank you so much. I wish it’s a good sign. Lol
                Last edited by KamlamLA; 10-09-2020, 01:39 PM.

Comment

• One case from april 2019 just got approved today. Mine is may 2019. Hopefully a good sign

Comment

• Hi can someone help. Uscis sent me rfe to prove if i was in US the whole time period. They say they find out that i have traveled outside country multiple times. My attorney find out they are mixing up my name with some different Amandeep whose date of birth is same as me. But i have sent out my whole year tax return, my pay stubs for each week I worked and my credit card statements and a letter from my employer that i never took time off from my job and my Rent lease and rent ledger. Would this be enough to prove that i was in the US whole time and never left the country. Would they pass my green card?? Pls anyone reply who knows about it.

Comment

• Hi can someone help, I mailed my I485 to Phoenix lock box last week. I received the message from USCIS said that they received my case, case number start with MSC. I am so confused about that. Because I read a lot posts and search online. There is no same case as me. Anyone here can explain why my case is in MSC. Appreciate your help.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sahiaman View Post
                        Hi can someone help. Uscis sent me rfe to prove if i was in US the whole time period. They say they find out that i have traveled outside country multiple times. My attorney find out they are mixing up my name with some different Amandeep whose date of birth is same as me. But i have sent out my whole year tax return, my pay stubs for each week I worked and my credit card statements and a letter from my employer that i never took time off from my job and my Rent lease and rent ledger. Would this be enough to prove that i was in the US whole time and never left the country. Would they pass my green card?? Pls anyone reply who knows about it.
                        brother that should be fine . With all those evidence you send you will have strong proofs that you were in the country this whole time.
                        can you also share your timeline

Comment

• Sahil, My timeline was.
                          April 2017 Asylum passed
                          May 2018 i485 submission
                          and then after so many requests from the senator of my county. Finally got an RFE in August 2020. Asking about a renew medical and proof of physical presence in the US. I will update once i hear anything now i have sent responses to RFE on October 8th. Don’t know how long they will take now.

Comment

• Green card is on hand! Good luck everyone. Here is my timeline for I-485 at TCS total of ~ 30 months.
                            • 10/06/2020
                              We mailed your new card your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, directly to the address you gave us.
                            • 10/06/2020
                              We approved your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status.
                            • 10/02/2020
                              We ordered your new card.
                            • 08/18/2020
                              We received your response for Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status.
                            • 08/03/2020
                              We sent a request for additional evidence for your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status.
                            • 02/26/2020
                              The fingerprints relating to your Form I-485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, were taken.
                            • 04/25/2018 Application received by TSC.

Comment

• How is it even possible for someone to wait 10+ months to renew a Travel Document at TSC??

I filed two “outside processing times” requests. Have been asked to wait for 60 days for the first time. Now, they are asking for another month... this is unbelievable!

P.S: I’m not even mentioning the I-485 application pended for almost two years..

Comment

• Originally posted by Jasmine22 View Post
                                How is it even possible for someone to wait 10+ months to renew a Travel Document at TSC??

I filed two “outside processing times” requests. Have been asked to wait for 60 days for the first time. Now, they are asking for another month... this is unbelievable!

P.S: I’m not even mentioning the I-485 application pended for almost two years..
                                OMG. that is crazy but I’m not surprised.

Sometimes I think that people who work at USCIS truly hate all immigrants. I hope this election will help us all.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X