Asylum Based i-485

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by antihistamine View Post
    Many cases from 2018 to 2020 are transferred from TX service center to Nebraska office.
    Still don't know how much we have to wait.
    I filed case in 2019 Jan and case transferred to Neb office in December
    Like I said, expect ~6 months time for processing if you don't have any waiver situations.

While most of you have waited long enough, enjoy some good news that the cases are moving, sit back and relax.

Complaining and worrying will not help but cause stress and harm your health.

Seriously.

Comment

• Originally posted by flando View Post

As far as historical information goes, NBC don't adjudicate any AOS case.

Case was transferred there only to be routed to field offices for an interview.

Chances are you will receive an interview notice within 6-12 months. There is also a small chance they (field offices, not NBC) will wave it and adjudicate without interview.
      Thank you for info. Also got question, if you know of course, I believe my medical expired already (filed with application Feb 2019) is this jurisdiction NBC or it'll be handled by field office before interview/adjudication?

Comment

• Originally posted by TiredOfWaiting! View Post

Thank you for info. Also got question, if you know of course, I believe my medical expired already (filed with application Feb 2019) is this jurisdiction NBC or it'll be handled by field office before interview/adjudication?
        i brought new medical the day of my interview, just in case. local office

Comment

• Originally posted by Amelia92 View Post

You applied in November 2019 for RTD or GC?
          I applied for GC in Nov 2019 also and still heard nothing.
          both, but I recently applied for a new travel document on Feb 2021 still waiting, my green card got approved in Dec 2021

Comment

• Hello,
            I have filed my GC on 2020 End of September and on Oct 6th ,my ginger prints was applied to my case . There is no movement after that day. My case number start with MSC.
            Could someone advise ,if he/she is facing same situation.

Comment

• Originally posted by TiredOfWaiting! View Post

Generally it would be the field offices.

If an interview is required, you should bring updated medical.

If not, they will issue RFE.

Comment

• Originally posted by Asylee123 View Post
                Hello,
                I have filed my GC on 2020 End of September and on Oct 6th ,my ginger prints was applied to my case . There is no movement after that day. My case number start with MSC.
                Could someone advise ,if he/she is facing same situation.
                Same here. Filed for GC on September 2020, FP on December 2020. Case number starts with MSC.

Comment

• Hi Flando,
                  A family of four applied for green card in February of 2020, they just moved three of the cases to a different office, any idea why they didn’t move the fourth one? The person was the primary person for the asylum application, it was the person alone that was interviewed and asylum was granted to all four applicants. Any idea why this person’s file wasn’t transferred along with the others and is that a bad or good thing?
                  Thanks for your help always.

Comment

• Originally posted by sweetsuchino View Post
                    Hi Flando,
                    A family of four applied for green card in February of 2020, they just moved three of the cases to a different office, any idea why they didn’t move the fourth one? The person was the primary person for the asylum application, it was the person alone that was interviewed and asylum was granted to all four applicants. Any idea why this person’s file wasn’t transferred along with the others and is that a bad or good thing?
                    Thanks for your help always.
                    Hard to say.

It could be that they missed to update the status on that case, they will adjudicate the case directly, there is pending security clearance or they will transfer at a later date.

You should not read too much about it, and any speculation isn't gonna help.

My suggestion is just wait. Most likely the cases will be process together. Even if not, don't panic, just wait (or file a law suit).

Comment

• Hello,
                      i have applied for my GC on April 2020 at TX service center, and today i have received a notification that my case was transferred to another office, does that mean it was transferred to a local office for an interview?

Comment

• I was notified today. They received my application in May 2020. What does this mean, guys?

Case Transferred To
                        Another Office
                        On January 26, 2022, We
                        transferred your Form I-485,
                        Application to Register Permanent
                        Residence or Adjust Status, Receipt
                        Number SRC209, to
                        another office for processing and
                        sent you a transfer notice. The
                        notice explains why we transferred
                        your case. Please follow the
                        instructions in the notice. If you do
                        not receive your notice by February
                        25, 2022,

Comment

• Originally posted by flando View Post

Hard to say.

It could be that they missed to update the status on that case, they will adjudicate the case directly, there is pending security clearance or they will transfer at a later date.

You should not read too much about it, and any speculation isn't gonna help.

My suggestion is just wait. Most likely the cases will be process together. Even if not, don't panic, just wait (or file a law suit).
                          Thank you very much. One can’t help being anxious though. But like you said, it’s better to wait, not like there’s much of anything else to do anyway… Lol. Thanks once again and have a good day.

Comment

• Hope everyone is doing well!

Today, I got an update on my case that shows “New card is being produced.” Finally, my waiting is over!

Here is my timeline:

9/28/2020: Mail the i485 form and all necessary documents to Uscis lockbox.( I live in CA)

10/3/2020: Received text messages said my case was received and have a assign number.(MSC21900******)

10/8/2020: Fingerprint reuse the previous one.

10/15/2021: Ask a lawyer to help me to file lawsuit.

11/15/2021: Complaints delivered to all defendants.

1/26/2022: New card is being produced.

Lastly, my case is handle by local office.(Lawyer told me) I don’t get an interview, so I am not sure if interview is necessary.

Comment

• Hello Everyone,
                              I have been a silent reader on these forum, I will like to share my journey towards getting my green card and then ask questions.
                              Applied for Green card on August 2019 waited and waited but later filed lawsuit in October and got the Green card in November 2021.
                              my question is the category appear on the card as ASY for me as the principal and ASY for other dependants, I just want to know if anyone that just got their green card has the same category as mine. Thanks

Comment

• My time line i-485 and n-400
                                submitted March 2019 TSC
                                i-485 approval October 2020
                                Submitted N-400 free of charge for naturalization via military service.
                                June 2021
                                Interview and Oath ceremony November 2021
                                i only have green card in hand around a year
                                and I dont want to wait for more 4 years to get citizenship.
                                also a lot of my friends in military they are National Guard they also get citizenship as a same time as me. And National guard only 3 years contract.
                                right now I have a U.S passport and my military contact only 2.5 years I will get out of military with in 1.5 years
                                good luck guys.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X