October 2019 Filers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by sohi429 View Post
    Hi guys, I had my interview last Monday and it went smooth. The officer was very professional and did not ask any questions related to marriage (other than marriage certificate). He even created copies of couple of original documents that we had forgotten to bring. Almost all the questions were directed to me (beneficiary) and most of the time was spent going over corrections in the form and questions about my immigration status history.
    The officer confirmed to us that he believed our marriage is bona-fide but he would hold our case for review and we should expect to get an update within 30 days. He gave us a white paper for the review and he also went over the fact that we would just get a conditional green card.

And yesterday I got an online update that a new card is being produced . So I expect to have the GC in hand within a week. Finally, my journey (at least for now lol) here has come to an end. This forum has been an excellent resource for going through the entire process and I can't recommend it enough.
    Congratulations!!! I was looking out for your interview update. I am glad it went well and your GC is approved. Yay to you my fellow F2A.

Comment

• Hi October Peeps.

The interview was Monday in Baltimore. I am the petitioner and GC holder, my husband the beneficiary. There was a long line to go through security. I didn't even realize it was one of those belt off, shoes off, pockets empty kind of deals to enter USCIS now. Felt like I was preparing to catch a flight. Anywhose… we waited for about 20 minutes before we were called. While waiting I was surprised to see couples with little manilla file folders tucked under one arm. I needed a whole rolling laptop bag to hold my documents and it was still bursting at the seams. Anyways, my interviewer was professional and even friendly towards the end. He kept saying my file was thick and that I submitted a lot of documents. Perhaps I over did it. LOL. But I was worried that our age difference might be a red flag, but that never came up.

So our interview lasted about 30 minutes. It started with the swearing in and collecting of IDs, then he asked for my name change and when I purchased the property we live at. He also asked when I became a GC holder and if there was any particular reason I had not applied for citizenship. After that most of the questions were directed to my husband regarding his fire arms training and activities as a former police officer, his prior marriage and divorce, and the locations of his children. The interviewer asked basic questions about the relationship such as when and where we met. Then he asked if we wished to submit any additional supporting documents and that's when I pulled out my package... BAM!! The officer quickly perused it, thanked us for being prepared and well organized and said it made their jobs so much easier. From there things got friendly. The officer looked through our album, took about 8 photos and chit chat with us about places we've been, apparently he had been to two of the same places.

In the end he admitted that he had not yet reviewed our file so he would have to hold it for review. I asked if we should renew my husband's combo card, he said we should wait until one day before it expires because we were likely to receive an action before then. He explained to my husband that he would get a 2yr temporary GC. He gave us the white paper and walked us out.

Since then there has been two status changes. Monday night our status changed to held for review. Last night the I-130 status was updated with name changed. So... back to waiting...
      Last edited by Trini0616; 11-19-2020, 10:08 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Trini0616 View Post
        Hi October Peeps.

The interview was Monday in Baltimore. I am the petitioner and GC holder, my husband the beneficiary. There was a long line to go through security. I didn't even realize it was one of those belt off, shoes off, pockets empty kind of deals to enter USCIS now. Felt like I was preparing to catch a flight. Anywhose… we waited for about 20 minutes before we were called. While waiting I was surprised to see couples with little manilla file folders tucked under one arm. I needed a whole rolling laptop bag to hold my documents and it was still bursting at the seams. Anyways, my interviewer was professional and even friendly towards the end. He kept saying my file was thick and that I submitted a lot of documents. Perhaps I over did it. LOL. But I was worried that our age difference might be a red flag, but that never came up.

So our interview lasted about 30 minutes. It started with the swearing in and collecting of IDs, then he asked for my name change and when I purchased the property we live at. He also asked when I became a GC holder and if there was any particular reason I had not applied for citizenship. After that most of the questions were directed to my husband regarding his fire arms training and activities as a former police officer, his prior marriage and divorce, and the locations of his children. The interviewer asked basic questions about the relationship such as when and where we met. Then he asked if we wished to submit any additional supporting documents and that's when I pulled out my package... BAM!! The officer quickly perused it, thanked us for being prepared and well organized and said it made their jobs so much easier. From there things got friendly. The officer looked through our album, took about 8 photos and chit chat with us about places we've been, apparently he had been to two of the same places.

In the end he admitted that he had not yet reviewed our file so he would have to hold it for review. I asked if we should renew my husband's combo card, he said we should wait until one day before it expires because we were likely to receive an action before then. He explained to my husband that he would get a 2yr temporary GC. He gave us the white paper and walked us out.

Since then there has been two status changes. Monday night our status changed to held for review. Last night the I-130 status was updated with name changed. So... back to waiting...
        Sounds like everything went super smoothly, Trini! I'm sure it's just a short matter of time for the officer to review the file, get his supervisor's ok, and approve. I'll be on the lookout for your update when it comes through -- almost there, keep us posted!!
        US Citizen filing on behalf of my spouse
        FO: St. Louis, MO
        10/03/19 documents mailed
        10/07/19 package received
        12/05/19 RFIE received in mail
        12/12/19 response to RFIE received by USCIS
        02/03/20 biometrics completed
        04/06/20 EAD approved, card being produced
        04/09/20 Case is Ready to be Scheduled for Interview
        07/02/20 Interview has been scheduled (waiting for notice)
        08/27/20 Interview/Card being produced!
        08/28/20 I-485 and I-130 Approved
        09/04/20 Card was mailed to me
        09/10/20 GC in hand

Comment

• Originally posted by didoesque View Post

Sounds like everything went super smoothly, Trini! I'm sure it's just a short matter of time for the officer to review the file, get his supervisor's ok, and approve. I'll be on the lookout for your update when it comes through -- almost there, keep us posted!!
          My fingers and toes are crossed at this point because I am hearing troubling things from other F2A concurrent filers that I really wish I knew before my interview.

If there are any F2A concurrent filers with upcoming interview dates, please be sure to take your applicable visa bulletin to the interview with you so you can inform the officer that a visa was available at the time you filed concurrently. Apparently some F2A concurrent filers are being denied in error for this reason.

Here is the links for October 2019:

https://www.uscis.gov/green-card/green-card-processes-and-procedures/visa-availability-priority-dates/when-to-file-your-adjustment-of-status-application-for-family-sponsored-or-employment-based-44
          Last edited by Trini0616; 11-21-2020, 02:00 PM.

Comment

• It’s already been 3 weeks since my case status was changed to interview was scheduled and I still haven’t received my notice in the mail.

I changed my address mid September but I received confirmation that it was successful.

Is there any way to find out my interview date without the letter? I’ve already filed a missing notice claim but they say I’ll get a response by December 8th. I’m worried if that’s too late. I can’t seem to find a way to speak with a real person on the uscis contact number.
            NYC
            10/16/19: Priority Date
            11/02/19: I-797's Received
            11/27/19: Biometrics Appointment
            11/29/19: Fingerprint Review Completed
            12/23/19: RFIE
            1/06/20: Response to RFEI Was Received
            1/16/20: Case is Ready to be Scheduled for Interview
            4/21/20: I-765 and I-131 "Case Was Approved" on USCIS website
            4/27/20: EAD in hand
            10/30/20: Interview Was Scheduled
            12/10/20: Interview Date
            12/10/20: New Card Being Produced
            12/11/20: Case Was Approved

Comment

• Originally posted by NYCNLC View Post
              It’s already been 3 weeks since my case status was changed to interview was scheduled and I still haven’t received my notice in the mail.

I changed my address mid September but I received confirmation that it was successful.

Is there any way to find out my interview date without the letter? I’ve already filed a missing notice claim but they say I’ll get a response by December 8th. I’m worried if that’s too late. I can’t seem to find a way to speak with a real person on the uscis contact number.
              Just call them or chat online, don’t wait more because you may pass the interview date while waiting. When you call , say case status and or appointment, this may help you to speak with real person
              Last edited by Gcapplicant2019; 11-20-2020, 10:56 AM.
              H1b visa
              Concurrent F2A forms I-130 ,I-130A, I-485, I-864,I-944, I-765, I-693
              self filling with attorney consultation
              F.O Minneapolis, Mn
              6/12/2020 Package sent usps
              6/15 delivered
              6/26 checks cashed
              text messages with receipt # Sunday 6/28
              07/06/2020 received 3 receipts in the mail for I-130,1-765 &I-485
              8/7/2020 received biometric notice for 8/17
              8/17 fingerprints done & case updated
              9/22 I-130 approved
              11/17 I-485 was reopened (never closed)
              11/18 I-765 approved
              12/22/20 I-485 approved

Comment

• Originally posted by Trini0616 View Post

Congratulations!!! I was looking out for your interview update. I am glad it went well and your GC is approved. Yay to you my fellow F2A.
                Thanks Trini! I'm sure yours is going to get approved within next couple of days.
                Concurrent F2A at NBC. FO Detroit

10/03/2019 docs mailed
                10/07/2019 pkg received
                10/17/2019 text msgs receipt
                10/18/2019 checks cashed
                10/21/2019 receipt of 797s in mail
                12/02/2019 RFE sent
                12/11/2019 RFE response received
                01/30/2020 completed bio (walk-in)
                01/30/2020 Fingerprints applied
                02/28/2020 Ready to be sched. for interview
                03/02/2020 interview scheduled
                03/06/2020 Int letter in mail
                04/15/2020 Interview day - CANCELLED DUE TO COVID
                10/05/2020 Interview resched.
                11/09/2020 Interview day

Comment

• I sent my renewal in for my combo card. As COVID cases are rising in my state, I decided to send it in earlier this month just to be safe. They accepted it. Tbh, they can call me in the Summer 2021 AFTER we get this virus; under some kind of control. Hope everyone has been healthy. Happy Holidays!
                  AOS thru USC Spouse
                  FO: Newark, NJ
                  / SC: NBC
                  10/14/2019: Priority Date
                  11/02/2019: ALL NOA hardcopies received
                  1122/2019: Biometrics Completed
                  12/12/2019: Courtesy letter for Medical I693
                  12/20/2019: I485 “ready to be scheduled for Interview”
                  03/18/2020: EAD Card being produced!!
                  03/23/2020: Card Was Mailed
                  03/26/2020: EAD in hand (SSN arrived 4/20/2020)
                  11/23/2020: Renewal sent in for combo card
                  02/10/2021: Interviewed & approved same day

Comment

• Originally posted by CuriousKat View Post
                    I sent my renewal in for my combo card. As COVID cases are rising in my state, I decided to send it in earlier this month just to be safe. They accepted it. Tbh, they can call me in the Summer 2021 AFTER we get this virus; under some kind of control. Hope everyone has been healthy. Happy Holidays!
                    How much was the fee?
                    F1 to AOS
                    Service Center: NBC
                    FO: Orlando PD: 11/12/2019
                    11/08 mailed out my AOS package
                    12/12 Biometrics completed
                    01/16/2020 Case is ready to schedule interview
                    05/01 Service request to expedite EAD
                    05/08 Expedite approved
                    05/12 Card mailed
                    12/04 Email saying interview scheduled
                    01/05/2021 Interview date
                    01/05 RFE issued for new medical without whiteout on form
                    01/06 I️-130 approved
                    01/19 I️-485 approved & new card being produced
                    01/21 Card mailed

Comment

It’s already been 3 weeks since my case status was changed to interview was scheduled and I still haven’t received my notice in the mail.

What is Your FO now after changing an address ?

Comment

• Originally posted by NYC/She View Post

What is Your FO now after changing an address ?
                        I'm still in NYC and only moved 15 minutes away so I believe my field office should still be Jacob Javits Federal Building. I'm going to try calling them at 8:30 today
                        NYC
                        10/16/19: Priority Date
                        11/02/19: I-797's Received
                        11/27/19: Biometrics Appointment
                        11/29/19: Fingerprint Review Completed
                        12/23/19: RFIE
                        1/06/20: Response to RFEI Was Received
                        1/16/20: Case is Ready to be Scheduled for Interview
                        4/21/20: I-765 and I-131 "Case Was Approved" on USCIS website
                        4/27/20: EAD in hand
                        10/30/20: Interview Was Scheduled
                        12/10/20: Interview Date
                        12/10/20: New Card Being Produced
                        12/11/20: Case Was Approved

Comment

• Received an email update this morning that our interview had been scheduled! Trying to contact USCIS now to see what date it's for. Progress!
                          (Petitioner for Spouse Beneficiary)

10/15/19 Mailed AOS to Chicago Lockbox
                          10/16/19 Received by USCIS
                          11/5/19 Text receipt notices received
                          11/9/19 Paper receipt notices received
                          11/18/19 Biometric Appointment Rec’d
                          11/27/19 Biometrics Done
                          11/27/19 Fingerprint Review Completed
                          12/26/19: (I-693) Courtesy Letter Rec’d
                          12/26/19: Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview
                          2/4/2020: I-765 New Card Being Produced
                          2/8/2020: Combo Card Rec’d
                          12/1/2020: Interview was scheduled! Awaiting letter.

Comment

I'm still in NYC and only moved 15 minutes away so I believe my field office should still be Jacob Javits Federal Building. I'm going to try calling them at 8:30 today
                            To know your field office, you can go to

USCIS field offices do not allow walk-ins. You must have an appointment to visit an office.Field offices in the U.S. and its territories provide:Interviews for all non-asylum cas

and enter your current zip code at the bottom of the page.

Comment

• so we had our interview today. It was straightforward and the officer was professional and put us at ease.
                              The only change to the I485 was an updated I-94 entry date since we had visited my home country just after the initial application.

asked each of us the other's birthdays, asked us our parents names, if they got along ok, proposal date, how we met, who made the initial contact, how long we dated, when we moved in together, where we married, what we did for work.
                              handed over some supporting documents, joint bank account statements, joint investment account statement, etc.
                              At the end, he looked over the photo albums we had brought from our two marraige ceremonies (one here and one in my home country)

We should have added more photos from this past year but it didn't cross our minds.

Oh well, in the end, he said, he was going to approve the AOS application and to expect the card in about 4-6 weeks time and let us know about next steps for removing conditional GC and about time frame for N400 if we were interested in that.

By the time we were driving away i got text notifications that status was updated to

485 application -> Card is being produced
                              I130 application -> Interview completed. case must be reviewed
                              Last edited by singiepdx; 12-03-2020, 04:32 PM.
                              F O - Portland, OR
                              10/21/2019 sent AOS package.
                              10/22/2019 reach USCIS Chicago Lockbox.
                              11/06/2019 NOA for I130,765 and 485
                              11/22/2019 Biometrics appt letter on 12/04
                              12/04/2019 BIometrics appt ok
                              12/04/2019 Biometrics review done. Case in progress.
                              1/31/2020 Case ready to be scheduled for an interview
                              2/4/2020 New card is being produced (I-765)
                              2/5/2020 I-765 - Case was approved
                              2/10/2020 I-765 - EAD Card received in the mail

Comment

• Originally posted by singiepdx View Post
                                so we had our interview today. It was straightforward and the officer was professional and put us at ease.
                                The only change to the I485 was an updated I-94 entry date since we had visited my home country just after the initial application.

asked each of us the other's birthdays, asked us our parents names, if they got along ok, proposal date, how we met, who made the initial contact, how long we dated, when we moved in together, where we married, what we did for work.
                                handed over some supporting documents, joint bank account statements, joint investment account statement, etc.
                                At the end, he looked over the photo albums we had brought from our two marraige ceremonies (one here and one in my home country)

We should have added more photos from this past year but it didn't cross our minds.

Oh well, in the end, he said, he was going to approve the AOS application and to expect the card in about 4-6 weeks time and let us know about next steps for removing conditional GC and about time frame for N400 if we were interested in that.

By the time we were driving away i got text notifications that status was updated to

485 application -> Card is being produced
                                I130 application -> Interview completed. case must be reviewed
                                Congratulations!! It makes me so happy seeing fellow October 2019 filers getting approved! Only reason I still check this forum actually
                                US Citizen filing on behalf of my spouse
                                FO: St. Louis, MO
                                10/03/19 documents mailed
                                10/07/19 package received
                                12/05/19 RFIE received in mail
                                12/12/19 response to RFIE received by USCIS
                                02/03/20 biometrics completed
                                04/06/20 EAD approved, card being produced
                                04/09/20 Case is Ready to be Scheduled for Interview
                                07/02/20 Interview has been scheduled (waiting for notice)
                                08/27/20 Interview/Card being produced!
                                08/28/20 I-485 and I-130 Approved
                                09/04/20 Card was mailed to me
                                09/10/20 GC in hand

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X