No announcement yet.

Renunciation Procedure using VFS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks. It seems online system for filling in renunciation application is now live on VFS site. However, I ran into another issue. My most recent Indian passport expires in 2028. So when I put in this expiry date in the form, it throws a validation error saying "Indian passport date of expiry cannot be future date"

We Indians are known for Software and IT professionals and our own visa and passport application systems are so buggy and issues ridden.

Originally posted by jollyrancher View Post
    Donald_Trump Use UPS Prepaid shipping label with the Express Pad Pak, I would not bother FedEx or USPS. I packed a folded Express Pad Pak with my package and a Pre paid label but did not attach it to the Pak.

Comment

Online application system is now live on VFS portal where you can fill in and complete the next steps of renunciation (after submitting Govt form and getting ARN). However, it seems to be buggy. I am also applying for renunciation and my current Indian passport expires in 2028. When I fill in this date in the form on the portal, it throws error saying, "Indian Passport Date of Expiry cannot be future date".

So now I am stuck at this point. It's a real struggle to get my application to conclusion via VFS. CKGS was much better and without any issues if you followed all instructions on their site.

Originally posted by renunication_oci View Post
      Hi

I am applying for renunciation of indian citizenship using VFS. Below is the link that details what needs to be done for renunciation
      Documents list,

Renunciation certificate processing and timings,

I am not clear on multiple things.

1. I was able to create an online application for surrendering the passport. I was provided with an ARN number as well.

2. Looking at the checklist, it states that i have to upload the digital image of my photo and digital signature but not sure where/how to go about doing it. There is no specific instruction given for that

3. For payment and creating shipping labels, there is a link provided to fill questionnaire and create account. the link is
      https://row1.vfsglobal.com/IHCUSPostalAppointment/IHCQuestionnaire/Index? q=shSA0YnE4pLF9Xzwon/x/PpYJNc6tVYvHRijnlGjPCAkTJhlFZMmqoidQtaOLB02b6MUlVJYs451ljwqd Ep1gtmFpUBTGmrQzPgEV4Nf87vc382F6SI8kzNZeTYRNY1S
      There 3 options i see. one for OCI, Global entry and passport.

a) Checked all options under passport and there is no section for surrendering passport which logically leads to oci section
      b) Proceeded with OCI but there is no option for renunciation but only to apply for new OCI card.

4. So now i am confused how/where do i go to pay fees and create shipping labels.

Any insight from anyone is greatly appreciated. I need to travel to India as soon as possible and want to get the renunciation done before i can apply for emergency visa

Thanks

Comment

Update 2:

Date: 20-11-2020
        Tracking ID is: 20-200 **** **** ****

Dear Applicant,

Your Application has been ‘Processed’ at the ICAC and ‘In Transit’ to the Embassy for decision making.
        As soon as ICAC receives an update, the status on the ‘Track and Trace’ page will be revised accordingly. To ‘Track and Trace’ please visit: https://visa.vfsglobal.com/usa/en/ind/track-application and use your tracking ID to get the updated status of your application.

Please note this is an auto - generated email. Kindly do not reply to this email.

Regards,

VFS Global

Comment

Donald_Trump Bhai Print it out,fill with your hand, and send it

Comment

Well, I am not in a hurry as I don't have any immediate travel needs to India. The only reason I don't want to fill with hand is Indian Consular folks are very sensitive and reject and send back applications for smallest of mistakes. I want to get all forms generated by VFS system where we just need to take printouts like we did earlier with CKGS instead of manually filling forms. I also want VFS system to generate shipping labels like how CKGS system did. This way, everything is generated by system and there is hardly any room for any errors.

Originally posted by jollyrancher View Post
            Donald_Trump Bhai Print it out,fill with your hand, and send it

Comment

Looks like VFS enabled the Renunciation widget for registration. Anyone else getting the error below? My Indian passport is technically valid till 2023.
              • Indian Passport Date of Expiry cannot be future date

Comment

Hi, if you see my comments above, I already mentioned about this error! Looks like they just put up the site without any testing of end to end process.

Originally posted by kiranboda View Post
                Looks like VFS enabled the Renunciation widget for registration. Anyone else getting the error below? My Indian passport is technically valid till 2023.
                • Indian Passport Date of Expiry cannot be future date

Comment

Same error here - date of expiry cannot be future date. This is truly pathetic.
                  Some folks said to print out the renuciation form and fill it by hand. Where is the link to that form? I only see an option to fill everything online once I log in to VFS.

Comment

VFS replied back to me about the "Date of expiry" error, they just recommend to use today's date instead.

Thank you for contacting the VFS Indian Visa, Passport & OCI Application Center Help Desk in the United States.

We understand that you are facing issue while submitting the "Add New Customer" application.

We would like to inform you that as per the update received from the concerned team, we would request you to use the current date, the date on which you are filling the form (For example: 21/11/2020) under Passport Expiry Date to proceed with the Renunciation application.

Comment

Just a heads-up to everyone to use dd/mm/yyyy as the format for date everywhere, or else it will be rejected. I had trouble filling in the date under this format as Adobe wouldn't allow it, so I left it blank and filled the dates by hand on the "renunciation certificate".

Comment

Where is the link to this Renunciation Certificate pdf form?

Comment

Interestingly, they replied to me yesterday saying that issue has been resolved and asked me to try again. They didn't say that I need to put today's (current) date in passport expiry field.

Originally posted by kiranboda View Post
                          VFS replied back to me about the "Date of expiry" error, they just recommend to use today's date instead.

Thank you for contacting the VFS Indian Visa, Passport & OCI Application Center Help Desk in the United States.

We understand that you are facing issue while submitting the "Add New Customer" application.

We would like to inform you that as per the update received from the concerned team, we would request you to use the current date, the date on which you are filling the form (For example: 21/11/2020) under Passport Expiry Date to proceed with the Renunciation application.

Comment

Originally posted by mojoshtudd View Post
                            Where is the link to this Renunciation Certificate pdf form?
                            This is the link - You will need to look under "Documents Required" page

https://www.vfsglobal.com/one-pager/...n-citizenship/

Comment

Renunication Fee USD 175.00
                              ICWF Fee USD 3.00
                              VFS Service Fee USD 15.90
                              Passport Fee USD 175.00
                              Total payable : USD 368.90
                              If you enter today's date in vfs online form for expiry date(second from the last -expiration date) it takes me to to next page, If you select VFS offered mail service by selecting credit and debit card it shows the fee detail of 368.90 and additional postal charge of 30$ in other services, so total cost comes to 412.86. Initially in email VFS mentioned the total fees for renounciation is 193.90$. In initial email conversation VFS doesnt mention any fees for passport but now there is 175 $ for the Passport fees - not sure what is it for. Anyone know whether this is correct fee structure.

Comment

That's strange. I didn't get any passport fee of $175. The total that I paid using credit card was about $223.90

Originally posted by sksrinidhi View Post
                                Renunication Fee USD 175.00
                                ICWF Fee USD 3.00
                                VFS Service Fee USD 15.90
                                Passport Fee USD 175.00
                                Total payable : USD 368.90
                                If you enter today's date in vfs online form for expiry date(second from the last -expiration date) it takes me to to next page, If you select VFS offered mail service by selecting credit and debit card it shows the fee detail of 368.90 and additional postal charge of 30$ in other services, so total cost comes to 412.86. Initially in email VFS mentioned the total fees for renounciation is 193.90$. In initial email conversation VFS doesnt mention any fees for passport but now there is 175 $ for the Passport fees - not sure what is it for. Anyone know whether this is correct fee structure.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X