Employment Based Green Card
- EB-1, Extraordinary Ability
- EB-1, Outstanding Professors/Researchers
- EB-1, Managers and Executives
- EB-2, Exceptional Ability
- EB-2, Advanced Degree Professionals
- EB-2, National Interest Waiver
- EB-2, Physicians in Underserved Areas
- EB-3, Skilled, Professional, Other Workers
- EB-4, Special Immigrants
- EB-5, Investment by Alien Entrepreneur
- I-140, Petition for Immigrant Worker
- I-140 Filing Locations
- I-140 Premium Processing
- Sponsoring Employer
EB-2: Members of Professions Holding Advanced Degrees
- Employer - Required
- Labor Certification - Required
Please note that merely having an advanced degree or equivalent (BS+5) is not enough to file the petition in EB2, the job must require it. The alien must be working in a professional occupation such as lawyers, doctors, architects, engineers and teachers.
Premium processing is available.
Following documents must be filed with the petition:Procedure
- Approved labor certification, or a request for a waiver of a job offer because the employment is
deemed to be in the national interest, with documentation provided to show that the beneficiary's
presence in the U.S. would be in the national interest.
- An official academic record showing that the alien has a U.S. advanced degree or an equivalent foreign degree, or an official academic record showing that the alien has a U.S. bachelor's degree or an equivalent foreign degree and letters from current or former employers showing that the alien has at least 5 years of progressive post-bachelor experience in the specialty.
- Permanent, full time job offer, unless qualified under National Interest Waiver(NIW)
- Labor Certification(except occupations under Schedule A or if qualified under National Interest Waiver(NIW)). To apply for a NIW, you must still submit Department of Labor ETA 750 Part B. Labor department will review the case for NIW and grant the waiver if appropriate.
- Form I-140 Petition for Immigrant Worker.
- When the priority date is current, either Adjustment of Status or Consular Processing.