Hello. I am sorry if this question has been asked before on here. My F1 visa is expiring in June 2020 but my I20 is valid through 2021. I am planning to go back visit my home country (India) for Spring break in March 2020. Will it be ok if I don't renew my visa in March 2020? I just want to make sure my re-entry is not an issue. Thanks in advance.
I am currently studying in the USA with valid I-20 and a student visa expiring in this June. I have read many forums but most of them are not regarding F-1 renewal.
1. I have a week off for spring break in March. Do you think it would be wise for me to try to renew my F-1 based on that timeline? ( five business days).
2. If you think its too short of time for the renewal, when should I start preparing for the renewal if my next and only option is summer break which is in JUNE.
- Should I start filling up the form and look for appointment dates from now if I do it in june? My
choice of consulate is Toronto.
My boy friend works in the US on H1B. I am in India and have applied for MS programs in the US for fall 2020 and am awaiting to hear back on the admit(s). We are also getting married in April.
I'm looking for advice/experience on what the visa option I should apply for?
Option 1: Apply as H4 and move to US. Upon getting an admit, convert to F1 either through COS or travel to India and a new F1 stamp. I've heard COS takes a very long time.
Option 2: Wait till I get an admit and then apply for a F1 directly. What are the risks of rejection for F1 since I would already be married then and my boy friend (husband by then) is working on H1B (PERM initiation yet to begin)?
I'd prefer to study in F1 than on H4 so I can use the F1 benefits like practical training through an internship (additionally, many of the universities I've applied to encourage an internship and assign credits). Secondly, my father would be sponsoring my tuition through a loan and my husband would support me with living expenses.
I am currently study in USA and I have all proper documents but also second time my wife visa F2 rejected due to some people do the stupidity. There was couple before my wife interview and they make argument with the consular on visa rejection, so that impact in my wife visa interview. So guy please do not argue with consular if the get the visa rejected and try for next time and keep trying.
I have my interview for the J1 visa on December 31, 2019, in regards to my postdoc that is starting on Jan. 31, 2020. At the end of the interview I was told that you shall receive an email asking for CV and a questionnaire. Also, VO returned my DS-2019 that was signed and stamped. My passport was kept and not returned. I have submitted my CV and answered the questions.
Now, my case is under administrative processing and I am a little anxious about the time it will take to get a decision. Also, I am concerned about my apartment which I need to occupy at the end of the month. What are your experiences and what are the chances that my case will be decided before the start date of my postdoc.
I have given my visa interview on 10th dec and the vo told my visa got approved and issued green slip indicating my visa is approved and passport will be sent to desired location but after 3 working days i got a mail from consulate that my case needs additional administrative processing and sent ds5535 form to fill up and reply back.after that there is no change in the visa status. It is showing administrative processing since 11 Dec. But my college is going to start from 8th Jan. Had anyone seen a situation like this?
Last status update is on 11 dec.
Passport status went to there is no status update on 26th dec and in login of ustravel docs it is showing "document delivery information blank instead of ur passport is with embassy" from 23rd Dec.
Can i expect my visa before 8th Jan???
Please find my interview experience below,
VO: Please pass me your I-20
Me: Yes certainly, (Passed the I-20 along with SEVIS fee receipt)
VO: After having a look, she told so your are going for --- college to do Masters
Me: Yes Officer, Exactly
VO: Who is sponsoring you?
Me: My parents are sponsoring me Officer
VO: What are they doing?
Me: My father is agriculturist and my mother is a housewife
VO: Do you have any Education loan? (I literally forget to say this, even though i have)
Me: Yes Offcer for -- amount
VO: What is your plan after MS?
Me: I want to come back and work for my previous organization
VO: So you are working now?
Me: Yes Officer
VO: Why you are quitting?
Me: To upgrade my skills and to promote my role
VO: What is your current role?
Answered and then asked the expected role and told my expected role
Going to USA for phd in materials science and engineering.
Interview at: Chennai consultant
Interview date: 6th November 2019
My VISA is on hold under 221g. After interview I was asked to mail some documents which I mailed same day. Till 23rd December it was showing case last update as 6th November. Now It got changed to 23rd December but it is showing in administrative processing. It's been more than 5 weeks. My classes will start from 16th January. I can't even book flight before final confirmation. Too much worried now.
Can anyone share their experience in this issue. How much time it may take to finish administrative processing.
I wanted to share some advice that I received from my lawyer that truly saved my wife and I from disaster. I'm a US citizen, she is Chinese. We'd been dating for roughly 5 years and she had been working in the US on H1-B.
We were both accepted to MBA programs in the US in January, and we'd start classes in September. I thought I would propose to her in February--BAD IDEA. Thankfully I spoke to a lawyer who explained that if we were engaged it would really muddy the waters on her intent in the US. She COULD come on a fiancee visa, but the waitlist time was so long for that it would cause her to miss the first semester of MBA. The advice my lawyer gave was to wait until she was in the US on a student visa so that it was clear that her main purpose was to study. About 7 months into MBA I proposed and we got married about 12 months later, and then followed the process for a spouse greencard (took about 1.5 years).
Other key advice my lawyer gave: Do NOT have her come on a student visa and get married/engaged soon there after-- you need to wait so that it's not suspicious as to what your purpose in the US is.
Disclaimer: Please note that the experiences presented are submitted by visitors to our website. Individuals’ experiences may vary, and you should interpret each individual’s experience at your own risk. Do not make a decision solely based on an experience posted here. We do not endorse any individuals’ experiences, and we are not liable or responsible for consequences stemming from your use of the information presented within any individual’s experience.