N400- Norfolk Virginia citizenship interview got cancelled due to unforeseen circumstances
Hey everyone! Is anyone waiting to be scheduled or had de-scheduled from Norfolk, Virginia? My application has been pending for a year. They reused the fingerprints back in January. Then scheduled me for an interview back in August and 3 days after scheduling they canceled it. Is anyone in the same boat? Please share your experience if you had similar situations. Thank you! Good luck to everyone.
Hi. I would like to thank you all for sharing experience to help other people who is or will be in the same journey. I learn a lot from this group. And it’s my turn to share my experience.
N400. Processing center: Houston, TX
- 8/27/2020: sent application form online.
- 4/02/2021: received notification for biometric reuse.
- 8/23/2021: interview date. Pass.
- 9/04/2021: received Oath letter & the Oath date is 9/14.
- 9/14/2021: Oath cancellation due to Nicholas hurricane.
- 9/15/2021: new Oath date scheduled.
- 9/24/2021: Oath date.
2. Naturalization interview experience:
My appointment was on 8/23/2021 at 7.30 am. I went in 15 mins earlier and waited in the waiting room. The officer called my name after 45 mins wait. She was super nice. She asked me 6 questions before went through Yes/No questions (exact questions in the end of N400 form).
All the documents I brought to the interview (like marriage license, bills, insurance, bank statements, kids’ birth certificate), the officer only ask me to give her the main copy of the kids’ birth certificate to check.
I got approved in the spot. The interview took about 15-20 minutes.
Two days after my interview day, the status changed on myUSCIS account to “Oath Schedule”.
3. What I learned:
- Create myUSCIS account. It’s super useful to have that account because it kept me update. I applied N400 online so it saved time and money.
- Bring all supporting documents to the interview. Better prepared than sorry later.
- Be patient & keep update with your phone number and email. With Covid, everything get delayed and your appointment may get canceled. But USCIS will email and call you for a new appointment date. So always keep those information updated.
I'm currently living temporarily in a different state where I rented a room. My name is not on the bills (electricity, internet). And it would be easier to apply for citizenship here. How do I prove I reside here ?
HI! Sharing my N400 journey
Applied for n400 based on 3 year marriage- May 2021
Received biometrics same day- May 2021
Received Interview notice in Aug 2021 for Sept 23 2021
Interview on Sept 23 2021 and Oath was the same day
Good Luck everyone!
Disclaimer: Please note that the experiences presented are submitted by visitors to our website. Individuals’ experiences may vary, and you should interpret each individual’s experience at your own risk. Do not make a decision solely based on an experience posted here. We do not endorse any individuals’ experiences, and we are not liable or responsible for consequences stemming from your use of the information presented within any individual’s experience.