Hi everyone, just curious. How long is the waiting time to adjucate a case after you have submitted RFE for I-693 ? And do they tend to waive interview if they have sent RFE for medical instead of scheduling interview ? TSC
I-131 Travel Parole & I-765 EAD:
Approved: 02/26/2020 (valid for 12 months)
Service Request: 06/07/2021 (outside normal processing time)
Response received: 06/08/2021 (will be processed when it comes up next in line)
Service Request: 08/02/2021 (outside normal processing time)
No response received, no approval received.
Biometrics fee:12/20/2019 (We accepted the fingerprint fee for your Form I-485)
Biometrics taken: 01/31/2020
Biometrics: 05/27/2021 (The fingerprints relating to your Form I-485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, were taken)
Approval: 08/31/2021 (We ordered your new card)
Approval: 09/02/2021 (We approved your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status)
GC in hand: 09/03/2021
My name was picked up under H1B lottery in the 29th July draw, I’m seeking your guidance on the if. how to proceed with the H1B application and clarity on the implications on the below:
- My visa status is L1B, which is currently valid from 19th June 2019 till 18th June 2022
- Filed under EB1 Green card applications(I-140, AOS etc…) on 14th August 2021
- My wife is currently on L2 EAD
- Per our earlier discussion, I’m scheduled for visa interview for change of status at the Canada USA Consulate on 18th January’22
- In addition, applied for change of status L1B to L1A under regular processing(online) on August’21, awaiting result
My Understanding of Implications if we decide to move to H1B as Change of Status are following:
- Makes GC case much stronger(takes managerial question out of equation)
- No risk of visa status until green card is approved, can be renewed multiple times
- Don’t need to go for L1A for change of status
- My wife loose the job and ability to work here in US for now..
- If green card application is rejected, I will loose L1 status through which myu wife would have been able to work for the time i have the L1 status valid
- very high emotional cost for my wife as she will have to quit the current job, await EAD and then again go through the process of finding new job
if we opt for Consular notification
- My wife can continue to work here in US till her EAD is valid and no break in work authorization as we'll likely get the EAD on green card AOS application
- Makes the green card application less stronger as I will be judged on L1B
- Risk of going out of work authorization and might need to move back to India for some time
- Will need to travel out of the country before L1B renewal to get the stamp. No option to renew it from here in US
Continue the current visa status L1B and hope to get the L1B to L1A visa interview approval
- L1B 1st renewal due in June'2022
- Still need to convert the visa to L1A which is risky
- Higher risk of rejection of green card
Looking for advice on what is the recommendation looking at the situation and facts
I ALSO WAITING FOR RFE FOR MY I485 FORM AND I ASKED THIS INTERFILLING I693 QUESTION TWO DIFFERENT LAWYER ONE OF THEM SAYS .
I agree with Attorney Namita, You are best to wait until it is requested because an RFE will include a coded front page for sending in the medical. Without that coded page it may take longer for the medical to be joined to the file or the medical may be lost.
And SECOND ONE SAYS
I also think best to wait for the RFE since as one of my colleagues has stated, the RFE would have a barcode which is how USCIS makes sure submissions are sent to the file. If you send in now with just the receipts it will probably get there, but, USCIS has been known to lose/misplace things in some instances even filing fees, perhaps more than you might think.
I'm wondering anybody still waiting for 2018. OR 2019
i485 fillers waiting for get approval because processing
time Texas it says .
Employment-based adjustment applications
62 months almost 5 years ....
Hello everyone, I wonder how long you waited for your i485 approval after USCIS approved your I140.
My case is EB2 NIW, and my I140 was approved in June this year (TX office).
I haven't received an RFE for medicals yet.
My PD is 2021/4/6.
Should I expect it still takes many months?
Since I read some people said I485 is first come first serve basis, I am hoping my case will be approved relatively soon (within a few months).
Or if i140 is approved only recently, do I need to wait for a while even if i485 PD is many months ago?
Received GC on Saturday july 31st and drove to Mexico from San Diego for a day trip and came back. Following is timeline. Dependent EB1a applicant
PD - June 2018 EB 1a
RD - October 1 2020
FP - Jan 5 2021
March 2021 - transferred to NBC
May 2021 - transferred to local office - San Diego
July 26 2021 - new card ordered( interview waived )
July - 29 - card shipped
July 31st - card received.
Good luck to all who are in waiting. Seems like the processing times have improved and are getting better.
Disclaimer: Please note that the experiences presented are submitted by visitors to our website. Individuals’ experiences may vary, and you should interpret each individual’s experience at your own risk. Do not make a decision solely based on an experience posted here. We do not endorse any individuals’ experiences, and we are not liable or responsible for consequences stemming from your use of the information presented within any individual’s experience.