No announcement yet.

Asylum Based i-485

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I received my I-797 Notice few days ago, they are processing mine at the Nebraska Center.
    Waiting for Biometric notice now.

Comment

• I just received my I-797 few days ago, my case is processed by The Nebraska Center, waiting for the biometric appointment letter now.

Comment

• i485 Delay at TSC

Originally posted by MWDW View Post
        I just received my I-797 few days ago, my case is processed by The Nebraska Center, waiting for the biometric appointment letter now.
        That's good to know. If you live under TSC's jurisdiction but your i485 application was routed to NSC, hopefully you wouldn't have to wait as long as those before you did.

When I filed to renew my i131, my case was sent directly to NSC instead of TSC and the processing time for i131 at both offices are roughly the same. I think they may be trying to balance the workload between the 2 offices.

Comment

• Originally posted by mekus21 View Post
          That's good to know. If you live under TSC's jurisdiction but your i485 application was routed to NSC, hopefully you wouldn't have to wait as long as those before you did.

When I filed to renew my i131, my case was sent directly to NSC instead of TSC and the processing time for i131 at both offices are roughly the same. I think they may be trying to balance the workload between the 2 offices.
          My resident is in California, so I send my application to USCIS Phoenix Arizona lock box, and I guess California is under Nebraska Service Center jurisdiction...

Comment

Unfortunately, USCIS only backdates the asylee/refugee green card to one year prior to the day it was approved, regardless of how long one waited - 6 months or 3 years. This 1 year only covers the 1-year wait time an asylee/refugee had to wait to be eligible to apply for permanent residency and does not cover the wait time while the i485 was pending. My i485 took 14 months to be approved and it was backdated by only 1 year and my countdown to citizenship starts counting from my backdated year and month. It sucks that they do it this way and while mine was pending I understood that I wouldn't get any pending lost time back thus I took steps to involve my congressman to get my case going and I'm really glad I did. Otherwise, maybe mine would have stayed pending for 2 years or more, who knows. It really sucks. Thus, the need for those pending at TSC to take proactive steps to get their cases going if they intend to become US citizens in the nearest future, but if this is not a priority they may wait out their pending i485.
            mekus21 Thank you for this explanation! Now I'm seeing even more benefits from my decision to move under Nebraska Service Center jurisdiction (California)

Comment

• Still waiting over 2yrs now for my GC!!!! New York

Hey guys sharing my timeline waiting.......

May, 2015: Asylum approved
              May, 2016: Sent out i485
              June, 2016: Asylum application received at TSC/priority date
              June, 2016: Biometrics done for i485

June 2016: Notice for Evidence ( Family information form)

June 6, 2017: Received notice for Evidence.

i was told my case was transfer to the Brooklyn office from May 2017.

On December 4,2017 received a letter from Brooklyn office stating that my medical has expired since it has been over 1 year. also stated if requested for an (interview) the new medical is required.

No update on my i485 case for nearly over 2 year.

Raised over numerous service requests and Info pass during this period, no useful response gotten.

Last info pass visit on July 13, 2018 i was told my case in Preliminary review which i should received an interview notice once completed.... SMH

Comment

• i485 Delay

Originally posted by rayon6798 View Post
                Hey guys sharing my timeline waiting.......

May, 2015: Asylum approved
                May, 2016: Sent out i485
                June, 2016: Asylum application received at TSC/priority date
                June, 2016: Biometrics done for i485

June 2016: Notice for Evidence ( Family information form)

June 6, 2017: Received notice for Evidence.

i was told my case was transfer to the Brooklyn office from May 2017.

On December 4,2017 received a letter from Brooklyn office stating that my medical has expired since it has been over 1 year. also stated if requested for an (interview) the new medical is required.

No update on my i485 case for nearly over 2 year.

Raised over numerous service requests and Info pass during this period, no useful response gotten.

Last info pass visit on July 13, 2018 i was told my case in Preliminary review which i should received an interview notice once completed.... SMH
                You need to visit your congressman office asap. Simply go online and locate the congress person in charge of your area/zip code and go there in person.

Comment

• i485 Delay at TSC

Originally posted by Buchavka21
                  Hi guys,
                  Just want to inform you that starting September, 11 USCIS has the right to decline your i-485 without sending you a RFE at all. Look for the new memorandum on their website. Good luck to us all. Now I dont kbow what to do with my medicals - wait for the RFE hoping they send it before Sep, 11 or send it myself now since they can simply decline my i-485 without telling me anything.. I'm so confused I think ill be calling them till I get a clear explanation of what to do and I'll record the conversation on the recorder. Thanks.
                  I wouldn't worry about that, according to the memo it applies to applications filed after September 11, 2018. Thus applications pending before that date are not subject to the new rule and the new rule isn't applied retroactively, thus you should be fine.

Comment

• Still waiting over 2yrs now for my GC!!!! New York

Hello,

Any New York Asylum Granted i-485 here ?

Comment

You need to visit your congressman office asap. Simply go online and locate the congress person in charge of your area/zip code and go there in person.
                      Thanks, going in Tuesday wish me luck!!!

Comment

• I just realized most of the people who participated in this thread have their case handled by the Texas Center...
                        Maybe it is because the people who have their case handled by Nebraska center get their I-485 approve much faster ...

On another immigration forum, I notice many people got their I-485 approve in about 3 to 4 months after they submit their I-485...
                        Only after I read this forum that I realized, the process could take much longer,... but most example are from people who have their case handle at Texas center...

Comment

• i485 Delay at TSC

I just realized most of the people who participated in this thread have their case handled by the Texas Center...
                          Maybe it is because the people who have their case handled by Nebraska center get their I-485 approve much faster ...

On another immigration forum, I notice many people got their I-485 approve in about 3 to 4 months after they submit their I-485...
                          Only after I read this forum that I realized, the process could take much longer,... but most example are from people who have their case handle at Texas center...
                          Yes, this thread is primarily for those delayed at TSC.

I just realized most of the people who participated in this thread have their case handled by the Texas Center...

bold part....is this for those who filed at NSC?

Comment

bold part....is this for those who filed at NSC?
                            I believe so...
                            It's not from one thread but from several different threads (several different people sharing their timeline)...

Comment

• Originally posted by MWDW View Post

Hi everyone.

My case was processed by NSC. I applied in December 2017, received Green Card in March 2018.
                              My wife applied in March 2018, received in July 2018.

So I think people whose cases are handled by NSC don't worry about their processing times and don't visit this forum because it's unnecessary.

Comment

• Originally posted by Buchavka21
                                I'm so pissed with TSC. Why cant we consolidate our complaints and make a petition or something? Why do we have to wait for up to 2,5 years when people in NSC get approved within a few months? This is so unfair and I really want to complaint legally on TSC for their inefficiency.
                                True but NSC is much busier with Employment-based Green Card applications than TSC. These people have to wait more than 2 years here while TSC approves them relatively fast.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X